Thread: Gurkha pre-embargo

Default Gurkha pre-embargo

Have any of you guys seen these on Cbid? I believe they are selling some 1940 and 1959 Gurkha pre-embargo smokes. Have you ever smoked any of these or know much about them? Are they worth a try?

2. Default

I had some. They were OK...Just OK. There are much better cigars out there for the money.

I seriously doubt they have Pre-Embargo tobacco in em.

Stay away from anything "pre-embargo" and I don't care if its a Gurkha or a Pinar or what ever. It's a crock of you know what sold to us Americans so we can think we are smoking a Cuban. How much Pre-embargo Tobacco could there possibly be out there? Stick with the real deal don't pay a premium for a question mark. Just my opinion of course.
    "When I was a kid my parents moved alot, but I always found them".- Rodney Dangerfield

TonyDogs Guest

Default Its a mix of Cuban tobacco

As I understand it, if you read the small print its a mix of Cuban tobacco. They dont tell you how much of a mix there is. SO who knows it could be 1/16 of pre embargo tobacco.
    Tonydogs

they are overpriced.
    they are a decent cigar.. but not worth the price.

just get genuine cuban tobacco

6. Default

Odds are that if you are buying pre-embargo cigars they will cost you over 200 dollars each!!! These cigars are literally worth more than gold!!! If not, there has to be a catch.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thurm15
    How much Pre-embargo Tobacco could there possibly be out there? Stick with the real deal don't pay a premium for a question mark..
    Part of the pleasure of smoking a cigar is knowing what it is and where it came from. There's plenty of fantastic cigars out there to chose from, why risk getting conned, and even if it turns out to be a great smoke, you'll never know for sure if it's what you thought it was.

Thread Information