Thread: File Recovery Software

Default File Recovery Software

Has anyone used any particular software to recover missing/deleted files with great success? Some time between downloading files from our camcorder to our laptop and then to a new laptop, we seem to have lost some videos. I have read that file recovery from our JVC camcorder is usually pretty good, but I don't have any software yet. I don't mind buying something but each vendor seems to state their own prodcut is the best. Opinions on software anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

Do you think the files were deleted from one of the laptops?

Maybe you could try reverting to a previous point with system recovery?
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Try Recurva; it is good and free. http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    I know a few people who have used it with good success.

That's the first one that comes to mind that is easily available.
    Yay! Cigars!

I've never investigated or used any myself............so far, saying that is an open invitation to Murphy to make a liar out of me, lol.............but I have a buddy in the biz who probably has so I emailed him to ask.

I have a small NAS at home and you might want to consider buying one yourself. They are great for file storage (NAS = network attached storage) and if you spend a few bucks, you can have redundancy for your data. I backup all important data from my computers and my wife's as well onto the NAS. Then should a disaster happen, I can grab the one small box and run and everything that matters to me is safe and easy to access at a later date. I have all my pictures and videos on there as well as other files and documents.

If you have a small home network and a SOHO router, you could set a NAS box up right beside your router and plug straight into it. Then it's a simple thing to map network drives and transfer data. You can also automate nightly backups to be stored onto the NAS as well.

Mine's a simple two drive unit with the two drives in a RAID 1 array. The RAID array provides the redundancy. Should one drive fail, the data is safe on the other and as soon as I replace the defunct drive, it's immediately copied over to the replacement with no loss.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

So my friend and coworker responded just a couple seconds after I logged off.....lol. Since I still had the tab open on CS I just logged back in quickly.

Here's what we use where I work:

http://download.cnet.com/R-Studio-Da...-10061966.html

He said it costs about $30 but works VERY well.

I just had a quick look at the link and it appears to be a very comprehensive program.

I hope this helps!

My buddy just told me he figured it was free for 14 days.......
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 01-11-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: addendum to original post
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information