<rant>

I'm so tired of social networking. I don't understand it. It was initially cool to catch up with friends from long ago, but that novelty has worn off. There's a reason why we drifted apart, be it distance, lifestyle changes, etc. I don't care how high a score you have in Mafia Wars. I don't care how your fucking farmville is doing.

Furthermore, I hate how now I always have the option to login to my social networking sites to 'share' links with my friends. Not only did I hate you before, I hate you more now that you've given me this option. Why would you ever think I'd want to subject my friends to this shit? I can't try out any new applications or technologies now without being bombarded with social networking (yeah, I'm looking at you, turntable.fm AND spotify. I can't believe I waited in anticipation so long for your invites to be approved).

Basically, social networking has become important only to those ingrained with social networking. Nothing's original anymore, nothing is private or personal anymore. It just feels like this large, inefficient, worthless network of incestuous relationships that gets me so bitter I can taste the bile in my own mouth.

</rant>