Thread: My toy

Default My toy

So, I have had my truck for about 2-3 months now, and I have been running it pretty hard. This past weekend, I found an old dryed up part of a creek bed, and had tons of fun with it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1011367.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	2502

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Very nice. I used to run electric RC Cars (the real ones...not the Walmart toys. I think one was Associated RC10???) when I was a kid. I actually stopped in a shop the other day and was looking at the Nitro trucks. Things sure have changed.

Yeah, this is my first nitro, and I am having a blast with it. I love the smell and sound of nitro.

This truck is the new HPI Savage X4.6, and it truly is a monster... I have about 1 1/2 gallons through it, and haven't broken anything major YET.

This brings back memories from my childhood! I used to have a Tamiya Striker buggy. It was 1/10th scale and cheap compared to the other cars available at the time (mid 80's).

I was poking around Ebay a couple of years ago and found out that Tamiya Has re-released a lot of their vintage kits. I bought a Tamiya Frog and since then have also bought a Tamiya CR-01, Tamiya Mitsubishi Lancer VII, and a RC Plane. I am in the process of building a car with my 3 year old son and he is doing all of the assembly. For me, the build is about 65% of the satisfaction so it pains me when I step in to a hobby shop and everything is Ready To Run (RTR).

I agree with the building part, I actually got mine as an RTR, but I took it all apart and rebuilt it.
    I felt that this way, I could make sur all the screws were tight, and the fit was proper, plus it taught me alot about this truck.

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    This brings back memories from my childhood! I used to have a Tamiya Striker buggy. It was 1/10th scale and cheap compared to the other cars available at the time (mid 80's).

I was poking around Ebay a couple of years ago and found out that Tamiya Has re-released a lot of their vintage kits. I bought a Tamiya Frog and since then have also bought a Tamiya CR-01, Tamiya Mitsubishi Lancer VII, and a RC Plane. I am in the process of building a car with my 3 year old son and he is doing all of the assembly. For me, the build is about 65% of the satisfaction so it pains me when I step in to a hobby shop and everything is Ready To Run (RTR).
    Wow...You just brought me way back. The Tamiya Frog was my 1st RC car that was my intro to RC cars and bought 2nd hand from my friend. I've been considering getting back into RC cars/trucks (nitro this time), but considering I already have 2 fairly expensive hobies (shooting and cigars) and a new babby this might have to sit on a back burner since I'm not going to sideline either of my currents.

Here's my Frog with modern wheels and custom front suspension:

Here's my stock CR-01:

Default new to the nitro

hello im 4 days new to the nitro trucks and im having problems all ready with getting this thing to run can any one help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by newbenitro View Post
    hello im 4 days new to the nitro trucks and im having problems all ready with getting this thing to run can any one help me out.
    It helped for me to smoke a cigar while reading the instruction manual one more time. Probably because it reduced my stress level significantly!

10. Thumbs up Hpi

Looks like fun!

I smoked the tires of my Rustler VXL within a month of use.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newbenitro View Post
    I heard that if you submerse it in water for at least 24 hours, it will make it run perfectly. You should try to do the same thing with your computer keyboard since your "Shift" key obviously isn't working.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Nitro's can be a pita, I sold all mine and bought an e-revo with a mamba max sct motor/esc combo in it, runs way better and is more reliable that my nitro revo! Does anyone have rc crawlers? I have a 116 mrc and its fun to mess around with in the living room.

I have my CR01 crawler (pics above) which is more of a scale crawler than a competitive crawler. Since those pics above were taken, I have added reinforced lockers to both the front and rear diffs, changed the stock driveshafts over to the carbon steel telescoping ones, switched the 2.2 wheels for 1.9 Junfac VR01 wheels and RC4WD Interco Super Swamper Boggers. Going to ditch the cantilever shock setup and go with Junfac coilvers soon.

Mark

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

I plan on making mine into a tuber

Thread Information