Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been gone awhile, and it ain't over yet.... Here's the story.

Default Been gone awhile, and it ain't over yet.... Here's the story.

I got married.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weddingrohshim1.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	2714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weddingrohshim2.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	2715

Long story short...

Whirlwind 6 month long distance romance. She's from Iran, actually I was born there but left shortly after cause of the revolution.... I don't speak Farsi by the way, just German.... Anyways, if I were to go there I would have to join the army for 2 years, among other bullshit, so we met in Austria for a month(My mothers homeland), and married on July 1st 2011..... 7 days later I was back in Canada and shortly after getting refused two tourist visas to Canada she's back in Iran. Now I'm balls deep in forms and applications to get her permanent residency, which could take a year. Oh, one more fact, my family has known her family for more than 40 years, although they had nothing to do with us hooking up, just a nice coincidence.... So sorry about my inactivity lately, and i don't know how active I can be for the immediate future, but I will be poking around

Wish me luck on the application if you can... It's been super hard, a roller coaster of emotions and stress hehe But nothing good in life is ever easy, right???

Still smokin' like mad when I can though, like now Keeps me sane
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Oh shit, and I gotta probably move outta that god damn van down by the river soon
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Congratulations, and good luck with the PRC process!

Well shit man congrats on the marriage. Sorry to hear about the other issues. I hope it all gets sorted out fairly smoothly so you and your new bride can actually enjoy a bit of your first year together. Here's crossing my fingers for a speedy resolution to this process.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

5. Default

Good luck with everything going on in your life...

Blog Entries

Wow! All my best! Congrats!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Congrats and good luck with the paperwork.

Congratulations and hope the paper work is approved!
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    I got married.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weddingrohshim1.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	2714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weddingrohshim2.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	2715

Long story short...

Whirlwind 6 month long distance romance. She's from Iran, actually I was born there but left shortly after cause of the revolution.... I don't speak Farsi by the way, just German.... Anyways, if I were to go there I would have to join the army for 2 years, among other bullshit, so we met in Austria for a month(My mothers homeland), and married on July 1st 2011..... 7 days later I was back in Canada and shortly after getting refused two tourist visas to Canada she's back in Iran. Now I'm balls deep in forms and applications to get her permanent residency, which could take a year. Oh, one more fact, my family has known her family for more than 40 years, although they had nothing to do with us hooking up, just a nice coincidence.... So sorry about my inactivity lately, and i don't know how active I can be for the immediate future, but I will be poking around

Wish me luck on the application if you can... It's been super hard, a roller coaster of emotions and stress hehe But nothing good in life is ever easy, right???

Still smokin' like mad when I can though, like now Keeps me sane

That's awesome! She must be a very special lady for you to be going through all of this...

A good friend of mine emigrated from China many, many moons ago - and it was necessary he leave his wife behind. It took him years to sort through all the red tape. An arduous journey, but the reunion was incredibly special.

I hope your situation does not take years to resolve and it is relatively painless (...not sure about that, though - those Canadian Customs and Immigration agents are something "special" ) - but know there is light at the end of that tunnel. And - it will be incredibly special when you two are finally together.

Blog Entries

Congrats on the wedding and good luck with the paperwork, hopefully it will go smoothly and quick. Hope to see you around more often!
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Congrats & good luck.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Wow, talk about hectic.

Here's to a speedy resolution to the paperwork, and a big congrats.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

C'mon, just join the Army for two years, it will make everything a whole lot simpler.

She's a hottie there Roham. Good luck getting it all worked out.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Congrats and blessings on the paper work.
    Just another day at the office!

Congrat's Roham!!!!!

My wife is from the US so I'm all too familiar with your present situation. However, when we married in 2002, she was able to come live with me while we went through the whole immigration process. It took two years and all kinds of jumping through hoops before she attained her 'permanent resident' status and got a SIN number and could work. I've heard that since we went through the process the Canadian gov't changed the immigration rules so I don't know what they are now if they have indeed changed.

I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer if you can afford one. Even if it's just for a consultation to ensure you know all the rules and regulations. Perhaps there's still a way for her to come live with you while you do the immigration dance. I know in 2002 all that was stipulated was that I had to fully support her for the entire process (2 years) which I was more than happy to do as I'm sure you would be more than happy to do for your wife.

If you can afford to pay one of those bloodsuckers to do their job for you, then I'd hire one and get them on it. If they've been doing this for a while, they'll know all the in's and out's and be able to shorten the process down to the least amount of time possible. Being a not very trusting guy myself, I'd be checking around and asking for recommendations before deciding on a bloodsucker.....errr....lawyer if you go that route.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

mrtr33 is a good lawyer, and he's cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    mrtr33 is a good lawyer, and he's cheap.
    True. Just ignore everything he tells you, and never answer his phone calls.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Congratulations Roham! Nice pics, great lovely wife.

Our situations share an uncanny resemblance. The long distance thing, refused Canadian tourist visas, and now marriage (very soon for me) and immigration paperwork.

I feel your pain, and I do wish you the best of luck, hoping it bounces back on me too!

If all goes well then someday we might be able to share a smoke or two.

Chris
    Last edited by chrisboy; 09-15-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: typos
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Congrat's Roham!!!!!

My wife is from the US so I'm all too familiar with your present situation. However, when we married in 2002, she was able to come live with me while we went through the whole immigration process. It took two years and all kinds of jumping through hoops before she attained her 'permanent resident' status and got a SIN number and could work. I've heard that since we went through the process the Canadian gov't changed the immigration rules so I don't know what they are now if they have indeed changed.

I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer if you can afford one. Even if it's just for a consultation to ensure you know all the rules and regulations. Perhaps there's still a way for her to come live with you while you do the immigration dance. I know in 2002 all that was stipulated was that I had to fully support her for the entire process (2 years) which I was more than happy to do as I'm sure you would be more than happy to do for your wife.

If you can afford to pay one of those bloodsuckers to do their job for you, then I'd hire one and get them on it. If they've been doing this for a while, they'll know all the in's and out's and be able to shorten the process down to the least amount of time possible. Being a not very trusting guy myself, I'd be checking around and asking for recommendations before deciding on a bloodsucker.....errr....lawyer if you go that route.
    Thanks for your advice. I've been working on it for a month, hard.... I'm almost done! Whew.... Hopefully it'll be ready to send to them in the next two weeks... I probably will be taking it to a lawyer to take a look at it the day before I send it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Thanks for your advice. I've been working on it for a month, hard.... I'm almost done! Whew.... Hopefully it'll be ready to send to them in the next two weeks... I probably will be taking it to a lawyer to take a look at it the day before I send it off.
    I'm happy to help in any way I can......which won't be much.........other than the advice I've already given.

I recommended the immigration lawyer because they'll know all the in's and out's and with luck, make it so your lady can come and join you as quickly as possible. By that I mean, faster than if you do application yourself. I don't know, but at the very least if you consult one, you can find out if there is a way they can expedite getting her here.

I know all too well what it's like to be married to someone who lives in another country and not be able to see them. There was a gap of 8 or 10 months between our wedding and her moving here and I was only able to go visit her once during that period.

I hope you get your wife here and living with you quickly!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information