Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been gone awhile, and it ain't over yet.... Here's the story.

Immigration sucks. It took over four years for me to get a green card. ( and $15,000 in Solicitor fees).
    Although, I did it the "Old Fashioned" way. Illegally- I over stayed my visa.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Immigration sucks. It took over four years for me to get a green card. ( and $15,000 in Solicitor fees).
    Although, I did it the "Old Fashioned" way. Illegally- I over stayed my visa.
    Well, hell, I would have reservations about letting you in too.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Well, hell, I would have reservations about letting you in too.
    Getting a resident visa is near impossible unless you have some in demand skill set while living abroad. Getting into the USA is half the battle. Once here, it becomes a matter of time & money ( and a few political connections does not hurt). Your average Latino coming from Central America with only lint in his pocket does not stand a chance. The first meeting with a lawyer to set the wheels in motion and take deportation off the table involved a $7,500 retainer. Any undocumented can become documented, it just takes deep pockets.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information