Thread: Woohoo, yet another n00b!

Default Woohoo, yet another n00b!

Greetings from Kansas City! I'm a 42 year old Software Engineer working in the medical industry. I've enjoyed smoking cigars for a long time, but only recently (in the last two years) have gotten my mojo back after moving back to the 'big city'. It's hard to find a good smoke shop in BFE...

I don't yet have a humidor, but have been thinking about buying one (or possibly building a coolidor?) What I do have, I keep in cigar boxes wrapped in ziplock bags with humidity beads. Most of my smokes are enjoyed at the local smoke shop/lounge or when I'm on a business trip, though, since my wife is not particularly supportive of this activity.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning a lot from y'all here in the forums (in fact, I already have by lurking for quite some time.)

Todd.

Blog Entries

You lurk so well, nobody saw this post.

Welcome from Bitterville.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada, land of expensive cigars!

Toothbrush+toothpaste + mouthwash are your friends with an unsupportive spouse!

welcome

Being from KC and liking to smoke cigars, I assume you're already familiar with Outlaw?

Welcome from western Oregon.

If you've got cigar boxes and humidity devices, all you need to "build" a coolidor is, well, a cooler. Go for it.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Here's lurking at you kid, welcome.
    Last edited by hed; 10-14-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    "I took the liberty of... bullshitting you; okay?" ~Elwood
    "You lied to me man!" ~Jake
    "It wasn't lies; it was just... bullshit." ~Elwood

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Welcome from central Oregon.

What do you like to smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Toothbrush+toothpaste + mouthwash are your friends with an unsupportive spouse!
    So are the occasional bouquet of flowers. Remind her of how annoying her Runway Project TV show is (or whatever that's called).

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Welcome from Vancouver.

Welcome from NW PA.
    Just ignore her when she talks about how she hates cigars, it works wonders for the marriage.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from a couple hundred miles south.

Pittsburgh Welcomes You...

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Eastern Oregon. Enjoy your stay!
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigiri-san View Post
    Most of my smokes are enjoyed at the local smoke shop/lounge or when I'm on a business trip, though, since my wife is not particularly supportive of this activity.
    Mine are ALL smoked outside of the house........period. My wife thinks cigars stink (the nerve!) but says if I smoked a pipe, she'd let me smoke that in the house (go figure). Needless to say, I'm contemplating starting smoking a pipe in the winter cause it's awful cold outside come winter where I live.

Welcome from Western Canada
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Mine are ALL smoked outside of the house........period. My wife thinks cigars stink (the nerve!) but says if I smoked a pipe, she'd let me smoke that in the house (go figure). Needless to say, I'm contemplating starting smoking a pipe in the winter cause it's awful cold outside come winter where I live.

My wife also told me my pipe smoking doesn't smell nearly as bad as cigars. She told me this when I was smoking "Straight Burley," which lacks the stereotypical sweetness of pipe tobacco.

Personally, I wouldn't smoke inside even if I could. Once I'm done smoking, I don't want it lingering.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

My wife loves cigars - one of those things we do together. Though I'm not fond of smoking in the house - it's hard to keep the walls and ceiling clean...

Just be thankful your wife doesn't like cigar smoking. My wife is not at all shy about smoking up the best I have (she's a self professed 'snob').

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    My wife loves cigars - one of those things we do together. Though I'm not fond of smoking in the house - it's hard to keep the walls and ceiling clean...

Just be thankful your wife doesn't like cigar smoking. My wife is not at all shy about smoking up the best I have (she's a self professed 'snob').

LOL - that's awesome!

I wish my wife smoked cigars.

To be honest, I don't mind not smoking in the house and probably wouldn't in the winter even if she'd let me. The wife and I were both cigarette smokers up until 2 or 3 yr's ago so I'm all too familiar with the lingering odor (in everything that's inside the house) and the nasty crap on the walls/tv/inside your computers etc. I don't miss that part of it at all!

The good news is, I have an 18' travel trailer she bought me for hunting two years back (to replace the camper that didn't allow me to use my 4x4 for actual hunting.......lol) and last winter I left it parked in the driveway and used it as a smoking lounge. I just started the heater several hours before I was ready for my cigar so it was comfy. I'll be doing that again this year for sure.

To be completely honest, I'm actually glad my wife doesn't smoke cigars...........she'd smoke up all my best ones if I wasn't watching......LOL
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Yep, I have been known to swing by Outlaw on my way home from work every once in a while...pretty cool place!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    welcome

Being from KC and liking to smoke cigars, I assume you're already familiar with Outlaw?

My favorite brand at the moment is A. Fuente (the Double Chateau is one of my faves), but I have been recently trying to widen my horizons. My boss brought a Montecristo Edmundo by the other night and I thought that was amazing from start to finish. Another recent smoke I thought was pretty good was a Camacho Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Welcome from central Oregon.

What do you like to smoke?

Thread Information