Thread: Smoke Haven, Lubock, TX

Default Smoke Haven, Lubock, TX

So I know this isn't traditional, but I thought I would do it anyways. I travel a lot and I always find myself in a smoke shop of some sort on every trip I take. This is my story...

So I'm in Lubbock, TX on business this week. I find myself done early and use the PLACES app on my Droid with a search for "cigar". The best reply is a place that is nearby called Smoke Haven. I head in that direction and find it easily. I go in and am greated by the delicious smells of cigars and pipe tobacco. The owner, John, greets me at the door. I explain that i'm just visiting town and would like to check out his collection.

He has a nice humido, approx 8'x20' with a couple neat residential HVAC humidifiers keeping the room at a constant 70rh. I immediately notice the wide variety of sticks in here. He has a LOT of different brands in this room! He doesn't keep 20 different sticks of 20 different brands, it's more like 3 varieties of 100 brands.

He asks me to view alone for a minute and he would come in to help if I needed. He came in after a few minutes and asked how I was making out. He helped me locate a few of his favorites and a few of mine as well. I headed out into his main store and lit one up. He offered me to sit and have a smoke with him and a few others that were there already. He also offered, and got me, a cold beer to enjoy as well! We talked about his store, cigars, women, and lies for a couple hours. He gave me the skinny on the local places to hit and invited me back that night to watch the World Series with them.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that he has a closeout shelf in his store... Where it has several boxes of Cohibas and CAO's.. Buy one, get one free!!! \My travel humi was busting at the seams!!!

Thanks to John and his crew at Smoke Haven for a great time!!!
    Last edited by Disney Lincoln; 10-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.

2. Default

I had an experence like that at the Smokers Emporium in Stone Mountian Georgia. It is nice to relax away from home.

Blog Entries

Nice, thanks for the post. And some wonder why we smoke cigars.

I will add some more of these reviews as I get time to draft them. I've got about 5-6 that I am ready to write reviews on now, and I get a new one every week or two.

I have a good review of a place in Atlanta that will be up next!!

I will add that I think it would be nice if people would do more of the same type of reviews. That could save some wearry travelers like myself from stumbling into some junky places of traveling to places that are closed. Even reviews of your own local B&M would be nice. I've seen some on this forum, but i'm sure there are many that are going unnoticed.
    Last edited by Disney Lincoln; 10-21-2011 at 04:17 PM.

5. Default

Sounds really nice,I will be heading to Texas this week. I may have to drop by and check it out.

Sounds like a great shop there. Cigar smoking creates a relaxing environment and that is why I love my job. I have the privilege of managing 2 shops, and the guys that come through our doors are the greatest. People from all walks of life, are all there for the same reason, to relax and forget about the day behind them. Glad you shared.
    A cigar is as good as memories that you have when you smoked it. Raul Julia

Thread Information