Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CheapHumidors.com

Quote Originally Posted by FatSmoker View Post
    I ordered both of my humidors from these guys and have no complaints whatsoever. Fast shipping time, great prices, and decent humidors. I feel they provide a good product for the price.

I may be taking the bait here, but what does it mean if the tassel is yellow?

It means you need to get tested for color blindness because it's gold, not yellow.

J/K........lol............it's supposed to be gold but I agree, mine does look more yellow than gold. As long as it's not black it's all good right!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    It means you need to get tested for color blindness because it's gold, not yellow.

J/K........lol............it's supposed to be gold but I agree, mine does look more yellow than gold. As long as it's not black it's all good right!
    Wow, now I feel even stupider than I usually do

Mine is bright yellow, I would have never even considered to pass it off as gold

Quote Originally Posted by FatSmoker View Post
    Wow, now I feel even stupider than I usually do

Mine is bright yellow, I would have never even considered to pass it off as gold
    You shouldn't. One man's gold is another's yellow after all.

I just know my humi's were made in China and was getting the "gold" part from Craig's post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    BTW, there are grades of Chinese humidors, and Chinese products generally. For humi's, look at the tassel on the key.

Black tassel: lowest grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the inside; tray may have a cedar divider;

Gold tassel: medium grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the box; seal and tray made of cedar.

Red tassel: highest (relative) grade, typically MDF with wood veneer on the outside and cedar veneer with some cedar lining on the inside. cedar tray.
    To be honest, the tassel on mine looks yellow to me too..........lol

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_mediu...HUM-100CJ.html

So even though this is a 'yellow' tassel one, would it still be fine for awhile?

Or what about this one?

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_glass...UM-100WIN.html
    Last edited by bmock50; 03-15-2012 at 09:39 PM.

5. Default

gaudy x2
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
    http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_mediu...HUM-100CJ.html

So even though this is a 'yellow' tassel one, would it still be fine for awhile?

Or what about this one?

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_glass...UM-100WIN.html
    As previously stated by me, both of mine are yellow tassel humi's. I gave the 100 count to my good friend and coworker and he's still using it and it's still working perfectly (3 years old) and my new one (x'mas gift Dec 2010) is still working perfectly too. Add it up and I think it's safe to say the yellow tassel will work just fine for a long time.

I suspect either choice of yours would be good for as long as you want/need one. However, like so many of us, I would wager that you'll find the 100 count too small before too long and will want to start building some coolerador's. If you like being able to see your cigars, the humi with the display glass would be the way to go. Then you can see them without opening the humi and causing it to lose humidity.

On a side note, the humidifiers and analog hygrometers that come with these units are cheap and never work very well. While I haven't used beads yet myself, I know all the members here that do use beads all swear by them. An added plus to the beads is the fact that you don't need a hygrometer.

Search this site or the internet for "Heartfelt Beads" for more info.

I know eventually I will buy beads, especially when I start needing cooleradors for bulk storage. Myself, I still like a hygrometer though. If you're like me, I highly recommend you buy a digital hygrometer to replace the crappy analog one that comes with the humi. I use the Caliber III hygrometers and am very pleased with them.

I too recently ordered a humidor from them. Before i ordered i called customer service to get an idea of what kind of company it was, I asked a couple questions and she knew the answers so I went ahead and bought it. It is a 100 ct.. ill let you know how it turns out

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzycrabs View Post
    Anyone ever dealt with these guys before? I'm looking for a cheap price on a bigger humidor, and I came across their website, and noticed extremely cheap prices on boxes. I was thinking about ordering one, but I'd like to see if someone has done so already, and can possibly tell me how they are.
    I ordered at different times 4 from them in less then a year. Okay for the price but the supplied
    rectangular foam humidifiers are horrible, the foam tape falls off holding the magnet and all of the
    humidifiers rusted causing brown spots on the foam and the mesh is supposedly stainless steel. On
    1 of mine less then 3 months old that has 2 of the humidifiers I had to replace the humidifier 3 times
    due to mold forming on it and I do use 50/50 solution, as one of the posters stated customer service
    is lacking. They want me to ship to them at my expense whereas they will watch it for 2 weeks to
    see if they duplicate the mold, that is there useless 1 year warranty. So my advice look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2150 View Post
    I ordered at different times 4 from them in less then a year. Okay for the price but the supplied
    rectangular foam humidifiers are horrible, the foam tape falls off holding the magnet and all of the
    humidifiers rusted causing brown spots on the foam and the mesh is supposedly stainless steel. On
    1 of mine less then 3 months old that has 2 of the humidifiers I had to replace the humidifier 3 times
    due to mold forming on it and I do use 50/50 solution, as one of the posters stated customer service
    is lacking. They want me to ship to them at my expense whereas they will watch it for 2 weeks to
    see if they duplicate the mold, that is there useless 1 year warranty. So my advice look elsewhere.
    Yeah, I read your other thread about this issue you're having with your humidor and I figure I'll comment here as compared to there. For anybody else reading this thread who hasn't read his other one, check it out:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/15348-Humidor-Help

Just FYI......my first humi, a 100 count that I bought from my favorite B&M here in western Canadas is also manufactured by the same Chinese company that manufactures the ones cheaphumidors sells. In fact, here is the exact humidor I bought at my B&M:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_mediu...-OLDWORLD.html

When my wife bought me the 500 count from cheaphumidors a couple years back, I gave it to my good friend and coworker who is still using it today. It's worth noting he's using the original humidifier in it.

I have another friend and fellow cigar smoker who bought a humidor that's also made by the same Chinese company. He bought his from an online dealer out of the US that isn't cheaphumidors. He too is using the original humidifer.

Oddly enough, neither of them is having anything like the trouble you're having.

When my wife bought me the 500 count for X'mas a couple years back, cheaphumidors double shipped it and I ended up with two. I called them, they called the courier who picked up the double the very next day. That was the only problem I had with them.

Now, before I go any further here I just want to say for the record that I'm not now, nor ever have been, an employee of cheaphumidors. I'm not a shill for them either. I'm simply a customer who's formed an opinion after a couple of successful transactions. I realize they (cheaphumidors) do not manufacture the humidors they sell and are not even the importers of said humidors.

I wonder, other than humidity issues, was there any problem with the humidor? Was it not built correctly? Does it not seal properly? Is it banged up, marred, marked or damaged in any way? If the humidor was physically fine and seals properly and isn't marked and the ONLY problem you're having is mold inside, then I ask you, what exactly is it you expect of them with regard to warranty?

If the unit is fine physically, there's not a lot they can do other than take it and watch it for a couple weeks themselves as they've offered to do.

After reading your thread on your humidor issues I've formed an opinion of you. I work in the IT industry and have for the better part of 20 years. There's an acronym we use frequently that I believe applies in this case and it is: PEBKAC

PEBKAC = problem exists between keyboard and chair.

While my own expieriences with cheaphumidors have been good, that's not to say others haven't had problems. I'm not trying to say that. But in light of your other thread and your responses to the other members of this forum who've responded to you and tried to help and offer advice, I suspect I'm bang on the money in this case. It's more likely that YOU are the problem and not the humidor, humidifier, or cheaphumidors.

The last thing I'm going to say is, if you've been relying on the analog hygrometer that came with humi then you've probably got your RH way too high because those are notoriously useless hygrometers and using too much solution and having your RH too high can cause mold and will keep the mold in there until you follow the good advice you've been given in that other thread.

10. Default

The problem is not with me as you insinuate. It only happens in that one humidor, I have rotated hygrometers and they are all under 70 and only that one gets mold on the humidifier. I am not knocking the company so if you did work for them by your tone they have tried to be helpful, they sent a jars of beads but yes they wont rust but if there is mold hidden in the humidor then they will get on my cigars. I did not soak the humidifiers just some drops of 50/50 as they state, gonna wait for the mold to grow back on the 4 th humidifier. Just to let you know it was not me causing it, came here for helpful advice and get a knocking from an IT person thst since did not happen to him it did not happen.

11. Default

As to your statement as the problem lies betwen the keyboard and the chair since you had 20 years but in my working as a supervisor and manager for the city I have come accross people like you we called them know it alls. I just asked advice what could be causing it and you in turn decided just to put me
    down. They tried to help with the rusting problem and even one admitted they have a problem with these from the supplier. It is the mold issue in 4 different humidifiers, the strange part it is always the one on the right I even replaced the left one just in case.

Blog Entries

Steve-O, why don't you take a break from talking about your moldy humidor, and enjoy some of the other topics this community has to offer?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

13. Default

Sounds good! Cigar question, got some Perdomo Artesanal from Thompsons, they really smoke nice
    and tried to find some info on the perdomo site but nothing, seems like they are special to thompsons. Wonder if it is a rebranded cigar from perdomo using the artesanal name for thompsons.

Blog Entries

I didn't mean in this thread. Search around the board and read.

And don't fucking mention stupid Thompson's ever again.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

15. Default

Sorry about mentioning the name, just wanted to see if I could get that Perdomo somewhere else.

Sorry about mentioning the name, just wanted to see if I could get that Perdomo somewhere else.
    Thompson's - to the uninitiated - seems like such a great place to shop cigars. Once you know better - it does not matter what they're selling, you just avoid the place.

BTW - you getting any cigar "spam" from Thompson's? Calls? E-mails? Snail mail? All of the above?

I am not knocking the company
    Wrong. Here's a partial quote of your original post:

... as one of the posters stated customer service
    That's not knocking a company?

... came here for helpful advice and get a knocking from an IT person thst since did not happen to him it did not happen.
    I wasn't knocking you. I pointed out, among other things, that you had:
    a) recieved excellent advice in your thread on your mold issue on how to deal with it.
    and
    b) I was simply saying that one person having a problem does not mean the company in question is not a decent company to deal with.

As to your statement as the problem lies betwen the keyboard and the chair since you had 20 years but in my working as a supervisor and manager for the city I have come accross people like you we called them know it alls.
    You are indeed correct. I AM a knowitall. And, I'm a damn smart one too. I suspect your years of sitting behind a desk pretending to (sic) work for the city has given you ample opportunity to interact with many knowitalls like me. In fact, I suspect your city's IT office visits you regularly to fix your PC when you break it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see you permanently have a "one dee ten tee" code beside your name on a board in the IT office.

(Just in case you missed it, this last bit WAS me knocking you)

I just asked advice what could be causing it and you in turn decided just to put me down.
    Wrong. Reread my post. Not once did I put you down. If you got offended because I said you are more likely to be the problem than cheaphumidors, that's your business. It wasn't intended as an insult.

The ONLY reason I piped up and said anything was because you started a thread about your issue and then came over here to this thread to repost the same stuff over again. You're allowed to have an opinion, just like me and everybody else. I just think it's not right for you to run around posting your issues in every thread that mentions that company. That's why I spoke up.

Well, that and I think it unreasonable to blame cheaphumidors for the mold in your humi. First and foremost, as I said, they don't manufacture them. In fact, I don't believe they ever touch them or ship them out to customers. Mine shipped directly from the importer, not from cheaphumidors. So blaming them (cheaphumidors) for the mold in your unit is just wrong.

And that's all I have to say on the subject.

Blog Entries

The problem is not with me as you insinuate. It only happens in that one humidor, I have rotated hygrometers and they are all under 70 and only that one gets mold on the humidifier. I am not knocking the company so if you did work for them by your tone they have tried to be helpful, they sent a jars of beads but yes they wont rust but if there is mold hidden in the humidor then they will get on my cigars. I did not soak the humidifiers just some drops of 50/50 as they state, gonna wait for the mold to grow back on the 4 th humidifier. Just to let you know it was not me causing it, came here for helpful advice and get a knocking from an IT person thst since did not happen to him it did not happen.
    Hey Einstein......your fuckin problem is bolded. You have not adequately removed the goddamn mold from the humidor. You just keep doing the same damn thing and expecting different results. I think that's a definition of something.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Wrong. Here's a partial quote of your original post:

That's not knocking a company?

I wasn't knocking you. I pointed out, among other things, that you had:
    a) recieved excellent advice in your thread on your mold issue on how to deal with it.
    and
    b) I was simply saying that one person having a problem does not mean the company in question is not a decent company to deal with.

You are indeed correct. I AM a knowitall. And, I'm a damn smart one too. I suspect your years of sitting behind a desk pretending to (sic) work for the city has given you ample opportunity to interact with many knowitalls like me. In fact, I suspect your city's IT office visits you regularly to fix your PC when you break it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see you permanently have a "one dee ten tee" code beside your name on a board in the IT office.

(Just in case you missed it, this last bit WAS me knocking you)

Wrong. Reread my post. Not once did I put you down. If you got offended because I said you are more likely to be the problem than cheaphumidors, that's your business. It wasn't intended as an insult.

The ONLY reason I piped up and said anything was because you started a thread about your issue and then came over here to this thread to repost the same stuff over again. You're allowed to have an opinion, just like me and everybody else. I just think it's not right for you to run around posting your issues in every thread that mentions that company. That's why I spoke up.

Well, that and I think it unreasonable to blame cheaphumidors for the mold in your humi. First and foremost, as I said, they don't manufacture them. In fact, I don't believe they ever touch them or ship them out to customers. Mine shipped directly from the importer, not from cheaphumidors. So blaming them (cheaphumidors) for the mold in your unit is just wrong.

And that's all I have to say on the subject.
    Look in a mirror and you will see you are describing yourself, a know it all obnoxious moron. That is me
    knocking you. Came here for advice and maybe I expressed it wrong for the company you shill for but got some good advice though not from a foul mouth ignorant person such as yourself.

20. Default

ohhhhhhhhhhhh fucktard melting in 3.....2......
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information