Thread: Need Advice for a Cigar Case

Default Need Advice for a Cigar Case

Hey!!
    So I'm coming to this forum looking for some advice and help!! I'm looking to buy my father a nice Cigar holder for Xmas, but I'm not sure which
    brand is a good one!!
    Most of his cigars are pretty wide, so I'm looking for something that can hold wide cigars. I'm open to a holder that can hold 2 or 3 cigars!!
    Any advice is appreciated!!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by KAllen View Post
    Hey!!
    So I'm coming to this forum looking for some advice and help!! I'm looking to buy my father a nice Cigar holder for Xmas, but I'm not sure which
    brand is a good one!!
    Most of his cigars are pretty wide, so I'm looking for something that can hold wide cigars. I'm open to a holder that can hold 2 or 3 cigars!!
    Thanks!!
    I have a nice one I picked up that is made by XiKar (you might want to google them) that holds 3 cigars. I've put Toro's in there and I'm sure it'll hold even larger gauge cigars than that.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Hey!!
    brand is a good one!!
    Thanks!!
    The quality you're aiming for depends heavily on what you're willing to spend.

Since you show your location in Las Vegas, and might not be overly concerned about price (a good case is not necessarily cheap), I'd seriously suggest you head over to the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace and visit Casa Fuente. Not that they're hugely expensive, but they're not cheap. And (as a bonus) not only will you be able to pick up a very nice cigar case - there are also some very incredibly hard to find cigars. Personally - since I know you can ONLY get them at Casa Fuente, I'd recommend picking up a couple "Casa Fuente" cigars - a tad bit overpriced (IMHO), but they're definitely nice. I would really appreciate that gift, if you were giving it to me...

Otherwise - check out Tobacco Town. I hear they have a nice selection of accessories, and you likely will find something in your price range...

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I have a nice one I picked up that is made by XiKar (you might want to google them) that holds 3 cigars. I've put Toro's in there and I'm sure it'll hold even larger gauge cigars than that.
    Thank you SO much for the brand name!! Like I said I'm totally clueless when it comes to cigars, and I was so worried I was going to overpay on some crappy brand!! I will have to check them out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    The quality you're aiming for depends heavily on what you're willing to spend.

Since you show your location in Las Vegas, and might not be overly concerned about price (a good case is not necessarily cheap), I'd seriously suggest you head over to the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace and visit Casa Fuente. Not that they're hugely expensive, but they're not cheap. And (as a bonus) not only will you be able to pick up a very nice cigar case - there are also some very incredibly hard to find cigars. Personally - since I know you can ONLY get them at Casa Fuente, I'd recommend picking up a couple "Casa Fuente" cigars - a tad bit overpriced (IMHO), but they're definitely nice. I would really appreciate that gift, if you were giving it to me...

Otherwise - check out Tobacco Town. I hear they have a nice selection of accessories, and you likely will find something in your price range...
    Thanks for the advice. Its funny, I used to work for the company that owns Casa Fuente. I might stop by there and see what they have... I was planning on spending around $50 to $60 on a case... is that normal?? The only reason I was looking to buy something online, was so in the chance case my dad hated it, or couldn't use it, he could return it online for something else (he lives in Oregon).

Thanks again for the reply!!

Thank you SO much for the brand name!! Like I said I'm totally clueless when it comes to cigars, and I was so worried I was going to overpay on some crappy brand!! I will have to check them out!!
    Xikar makes a quality product and then stands behind it. You can buy one with confidence.

Blog Entries

If you're talking about a watertight cigar caddy, just get one of those deals on CI with the 5 cigars included for 30 bucks or so. Works perfect.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    If you're talking about a watertight cigar caddy, just get one of those deals on CI with the 5 cigars included for 30 bucks or so. Works perfect.

Will
    I know this sounds silly... but what is CI?

Blog Entries

cigarsinternational.com

Myself, I use a small Pelican case (available from many sporting goods stores) and/or a small cigar caddy (cigarcaddy.com for info, but available on, say, Amazon).

Hard plastic cases like those are practical, but don't fit well in a suit. Nicer-looking cases, e.g., a leather case, are best seen in person. I'd try a local shop, as ggiese suggests.

Like the said:

This one for hard, water proof and will hold humidity. Throw in a humi pack and you can leave cigars in this.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...CIO3400&cat=10

Or this one, leather and fancy. Can't leave cigars in it for more than a couple of days unless your relative humidiy is naturally around 60 to 70%

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...ASE-BLK&cat=10

Thanks for the advice. Its funny, I used to work for the company that owns Casa Fuente. I might stop by there and see what they have... I was planning on spending around $50 to $60 on a case... is that normal?? The only reason I was looking to buy something online, was so in the chance case my dad hated it, or couldn't use it, he could return it online for something else (he lives in Oregon).

Thanks again for the reply!!
    For $50-60 you should pick up something nice - and if you worked for the company that owns Casa Fuente you should know quite a bit about good cigar cases. Stanford Newman is/was a god in the cigar world. Cigar smokers who enjoy Cameroon wrapped cigars should thank Mr. Newman. And if I'm hot mistaken, Casa Fuente cigars are Cameroon wrapped
    Last edited by ggiese; 12-11-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Thread Information