Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A little contest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    I will infer that some of you, specifically you, don't read the posts closely enough. I was inferring that the public display of my PM would be the natural reaction of me acting like a spoiled brat who can't take a good-natured ribbing. In fact, the context of that entire post was my mockery of runningscared and his wussy little message to ashauler.

But maybe it's not that you didn't understand the thread. Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get. If that's the case, you'll find it hard to harass me. I roll with it pretty well. But please, keep trying.
    And how would I know that you "roll with it pretty well"? After all, you haven't even been here for 3 weeks.

Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get.
    And here we go again with yet another passive aggressive observation of our board, or maybe I'm just not reading closely enough.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

2. Default

Seems badwhale's a little over defensive. For me bringing up hazing to be passive aggressive, there would have to be something wrong with hazing. Do you think there's something wrong with the hazing you've done that makes it bad?

Blog Entries

Seems badwhale's a little over defensive. For me bringing up hazing to be passive aggressive, there would have to be something wrong with hazing. Do you think there's something wrong with the hazing you've done that makes it bad?
    I don't think you understand this board well enough to be making blanket statements about it.

Uncle Tupelo

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I don't think you understand this board well enough to be making blanket statements about it.
    I don't think you know me enough to make assumptions about a supposed hidden agenda in my posts. Base your judgments on what I say, not what you in your paranoia think I mean. You'll look smarter that way.

Blog Entries

I don't think you know me enough to make assumptions about a supposed hidden agenda in my posts. Base your judgments on what I say, not what you in your paranoia think I mean. You'll look smarter that way.
    Now who's overly defensive?

You failed your hazing.

Uncle Tupelo

6. Default

Now who's overly defensive?

You failed your hazing.
    Hardly, my friend. I'm just getting started. What you did there might have worked on someone who didn't know how to argue, but the you're-wrong-and-I-win defense is a clear sign that you've got nothing left in your tank. Unfortunately for you, I'm not new to heated debate and spirited argument. But if you let me help you, I can make you better at it.

Incidentally, what you should have done was latch on to where I said you'll look smarter and ask if I'm calling you dumb. It is very difficult to defend against an accusation that one is making personal attacks and forces them to actively take the defensive. Once a person is only denying, they've lost.

7. Default

So...Who won the contest?

Blog Entries

Hardly, my friend. I'm just getting started. What you did there might have worked on someone who didn't know how to argue, but the you're-wrong-and-I-win defense is a clear sign that you've got nothing left in your tank. Unfortunately for you, I'm not new to heated debate and spirited argument. But if you let me help you, I can make you better at it.

Incidentally, what you should have done was latch on to where I said you'll look smarter and ask if I'm calling you dumb. It is very difficult to defend against an accusation that one is making personal attacks and forces them to actively take the defensive. Once a person is only denying, they've lost.
    Heh. You should rethink your position. What I have noticed is common for you, friend, is your penchant to confuse your perception with fact. Further, there are ample examples easily found on Al Gore's interweb.

This is not the place for you to get your "freak on". Best for you to consider that very carefully before responding further.

Blog Entries

Actually, I’m not trying to argue with you. I’m trying to tell you something.

Since you joined, you plopped your feet up on the couch and have been posting like you own the place. That’s all well and good, but when junior members start to point out how we’re just such a big bad asshat bashing board, it rubs me the wrong way, and tells me that they don’t really know what this board is about. Probably because they haven’t spent nearly enough time here to get to know everyone. Ya know, community? Also, I did mention that I don’t know anything about you. How could I? You’ve been here for such a short time.

You failed what you call “the inevitable hazing” because you immediately got defensive and insulting towards me in every following post. I just posted a simple question which you could have answered as such:

I will infer that some of you, specifically you, don't read the posts closely enough. Nah, I was inferring that the public display of my PM might be the natural reaction of me acting like a spoiled brat who can't take a good-natured ribbing. In fact, the context of that entire post was my mockery of runningscared and his wussy little message to ashauler. I was just trying to join in on the fun, but maybe I'm too new for that.

But maybe it's not that you didn't understand the thread. Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get. If that's the case, you'll find it hard to harass me. I roll with it pretty well. But please, keep trying.
    Not everyone gets poked or hazed or bashed on this board, because if they did then the namesake of the fanclub here would be right, which he isn’t. Yes, scammers / scumbags / trolls get shown the door promptly. Also, mistakes are made, and I’m humble enough to admit that I’m not perfect. Almost all newblets get their questions answered, and are usually welcomed.

Lots of newbs get it wrong, that we’re a community bent on showing everyone the door, and only the thickest skinned, shit slingin’ hard asses remain. This isn’t true, as there have been many well adjusted people who have floated through and or remained here enjoying our community without a “hazing period”, nor a “hail of profanities”, and they took more than “half a minute on this forum” to get to know it / us.

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 12-21-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: couple typos

Uncle Tupelo

10. Default

Again, so much defensiveness. I don't know why you guys are so quick to say, "That's not how it is," when you could just go, "That's what we are and we like it that way." I have neither accused you of wrongdoing nor judged you for anything I have seen. But all this denial is sad. Embrace who you are, gentlemen, because everyone sees it, and have fun with it.

Blog Entries

Again, so much defensiveness. I don't know why you guys are so quick to say, "That's not how it is," when you could just go, "That's what we are and we like it that way." I have neither accused you of wrongdoing nor judged you for anything I have seen. But all this denial is sad. Embrace who you are, gentlemen, because everyone sees it, and have fun with it.
    Please, show me where I have been defensive? I'm assuming you're including me in your statement by your use of the word guys. You screwed the pooch here, no one else. Your response to badwhale's very simple and straight forward question is where you went wrong. I LMAO at the condescending tone you apparently like to take in your posts.

You, sir, have been given deference above and beyond most other newbs. For a couple of reasons, not the least of which is the person who invited you here...whose name you didn't hesitate to drop in your intro post. To me, that was your first insecure move. You should have just let him come on your thread and say he knows you, but instead you kinda forced him to. Transparent and weak.

If you look honestly at your participation on this board so far, you would see that you should have had your ass handed to you much earlier than this. You have arrogantly and condescendingly trampled all over the forum. You offer a false, psuedo apology for making one erroneous blanket statement only to follow that with additional "blanket observations" on how this forum works. Pretty sad when you think about it.

Back up a bit in this thread and explain to me to whom you were addressing this post:
    Originally Posted by TommyTree

Clearly you're not addressing badwhale. Otherwise you would have begun with "Seems YOU'RE a little blah,blah,blah". Proselytizing to the audience perhaps?

You're up, I gotta go to lunch.

Blog Entries

I don't know what to say. I've never been a victim of this public 'hazing' you seem to think all members endure. I guess I'm just too cool a guy.

I do find it interesting that you're so quick to have this place pegged, after less than 30 days and 100 posts, having not participated in any trade, pass, PIF or anything. Maybe I am the one who doesn't get it.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

ilikefishes Guest

This is funny. Truth hurts every time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    Look! Kendall agrees with you! Somehow his endorsment didn't work out for garryy, though.

Uncle Tupelo

Eat my ass ,Shitbird
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

ilikefishes Guest

You still have goats Paddy?

ilikefishes Guest

Look! Kendall agrees with you! Somehow his endorsment didn't work out for garryy, though.
    Will,
    I was not endorsing anything. I just think it is funny.

Blog Entries

Will,
    I was not endorsing anything. I just think it is funny.
    Sure you were. You were endorsing the quote as "truth."

Uncle Tupelo

19. Default

I don't know that I can add that much, ashauler. You ask for evidence of defensive behavior in your longest and most defensive post yet. If by "arrogance and condescension" you mean I never kissed the ring or the ass or whatever kinky shit you may want kissed, you're right, and I won't. My opinions so far have all been informed by experience and research, and I stand by them all, including my opinion that your behavior is defensive and sad. I defy you to go back and actually look at what's been said instead of jumping in on a discussion you clearly don't comprehend and make yourself look insecure and petty. While you say that I'm "transparent and weak," it's pretty clear that your words are coming from a place of insecurity. No need for such grand displays when you are right and confident and I am so weak.

ilikefishes Guest

Ah no. The post is truth and I said it was funny. That is an opinion.

Thread Information