Thread: Wineador P0rn: NewAir 28E Build w/ High-Res Drawer Pics

Default Wineador P0rn: NewAir 28E Build w/ High-Res Drawer Pics

Merry Christmas folks! Thought I'd share a few pics of my recent Wineador build.

Outside:

Inside w/ door open:

Pic of the inside with the false bottom drawer he makes. I have a tube of beads under there but I keep a few other things there as well...

And finally, a few pics of the inhabitants (including one of my prized cigar related possesions...a box w/ two Opus One's signed by the Fuente family (silver sig is Carlito's). I went to the "Big Smoke" in Vegas in October and got to meet them and watch him sign...pretty cool:

The 'loose' CC drawer:

The 'Go-To' Drawer...Fuente's, Opus X's, Prensado's, Davidoff's, Cohiba Blacks, Montecristo, Romeo Y Julieta and loose Padron Anniversary's...

New Year's Eve is my b-day - so we blow it out over here with a huge party. Going to have about 50 people at my house that night so I loaded up for the special occasion. Just got my boxes of Rocky Patel Fifty Robusto's, Padron 1926 Natural's and of course the Cohiba Behike 52. Gonna be a good night...

Blog Entries

Cool pix. Thanks for sharing.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

Very Nice ... I've got one of these units as well and LOVE it!

Can;t wait to get some drawers from Forrest one of these days here soon.... I will be doing mine exactly like yours except I will be getting all drawers from top to bottom.

Love the sweet looking pictures brothers... thanks for sharing.

Beautiful! Thanks for the photos.

I have a Haier wine cooler I've had for years and am converting it as well. I'm only in the cleaning process so far, and need to get shelving.

Other than aesthetics, is there any reason to opt for drawers instead of shelves and trays? I have several small humidors and nice older cigar boxes I thought I would use instead of the drawers, but that was before I realized I could order drawers custom made from Forest. To be honest, I didn't even realize converting a wine cooler to a humidor was such a popular idea.

Very nice. And happy belated birthday.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Blog Entries

Nice setup, and very nice collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Wow, very nice looking unit and collection, well done

Default Very Nice!

Did you customize it yourself? Would love to have the plan so I could do this myself.!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyr View Post
    Beautiful! Thanks for the photos.

I have a Haier wine cooler I've had for years and am converting it as well. I'm only in the cleaning process so far, and need to get shelving.

Other than aesthetics, is there any reason to opt for drawers instead of shelves and trays? I have several small humidors and nice older cigar boxes I thought I would use instead of the drawers, but that was before I realized I could order drawers custom made from Forest. To be honest, I didn't even realize converting a wine cooler to a humidor was such a popular idea.
    In my NewAir, standard cedar trays don't fit symetrically...meaning, a lot of wasted space. I keep a few boxes as you can tell so I opted for one shelf so I could put those in the middle and still leave some room in front of the fan to circulate air properly. Don't neglect that - if you stick the back of a drawer right in front of the fan your box will likely never stay cool and you'll probably have weird humidity issues, particularly in the middle. I also didn't want any sticks getting air blown directly on them.

I know a lot of people just keep the racks and start piling in boxes and trays and more power to them. I have a lot of singles and I love the drawers...they are deep and there's no question in my mind I can get more sticks in there with the drawers than with shelves. I could put them in older cigar boxes but then you have to pile those in on shelves and it just makes it that much harder to get to anything. I like having the drawers so I can quickly peruse my stash and see it all while I'm deciding what I'm going to smoke.

To each his own, but the $175 I spent on drawers was a purchase I hardly regret. My box is in the open in my gameroom so I wanted it to look nice and I'm entertaining frequently with people going through it and I'd rather them pull a drawer than have to lift stacks of boxes out to find stoges.

Just my .02...

Quote Originally Posted by rscogins View Post
    Did you customize it yourself? Would love to have the plan so I could do this myself.!
    Buy a NewAir 28: http://www.air-n-water.com/product/AW-280E.htm

And order shelves: http://wineadors.com/ (Note: Forest is about 4-5 weeks backlogged)

Grab a "Got Cuban Cigar" sticker off fleaBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

Get 2 or 3 Hygros. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...%2C234&x=0&y=0

Buy some beads.

Done.

Depending on what beads you buy (difference between a bag of kitty liter and HCM Beads is about $100 bucks), you can do this entire box for well under $500.
    Last edited by choinga; 01-13-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Very nice. I can't' wait until I get one myself.
    Research you humidor builder.

Quote Originally Posted by choinga View Post
    In my NewAir, standard cedar trays don't fit symetrically...meaning, a lot of wasted space. I keep a few boxes as you can tell so I opted for one shelf so I could put those in the middle and still leave some room in front of the fan to circulate air properly. Don't neglect that - if you stick the back of a drawer right in front of the fan your box will likely never stay cool and you'll probably have weird humidity issues, particularly in the middle. I also didn't want any sticks getting air blown directly on them.

I know a lot of people just keep the racks and start piling in boxes and trays and more power to them. I have a lot of singles and I love the drawers...they are deep and there's no question in my mind I can get more sticks in there with the drawers than with shelves. I could put them in older cigar boxes but then you have to pile those in on shelves and it just makes it that much harder to get to anything. I like having the drawers so I can quickly peruse my stash and see it all while I'm deciding what I'm going to smoke.

To each his own, but the $175 I spent on drawers was a purchase I hardly regret. My box is in the open in my gameroom so I wanted it to look nice and I'm entertaining frequently with people going through it and I'd rather them pull a drawer than have to lift stacks of boxes out to find stoges.

Just my .02...
    Thanks. Now that mine is full, I am strongly considering going to drawers for exactly the reasons you suggest.

Thumbs up This is Awesome

Very nice! I have seen several wineadors but didn't realize it could be done so well. The custom drawers are what make me so jealous (well, that and some of your smokes.) I've got a feeling I'll be building one of these soon...Thanks for the pics and links!

Thread Information