Thread: Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1

1. Default Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1

Found this 375 mil bottle for $9.95 on clearance at a mega liquor store today. 125 proof fresh out of the still Buffalo trace is all it is. Interesting taste ,almost like a light rum but you can taste the grain in it too. Not something you would drink every day but it is pretty cool to see what your bourbon tastes like before it is aged. Of course I have access to local fresh made spirits too LOL. If you like bourbon and see this at a decent price I would recommend it . I love Buffalo Trace
    The older I get ,the better I was

2. Default

http://www.bourbonwhisky.co.uk/20110...the-1980s.html

Found this for 22$ at a tiny old ass liquor store in the sticks today

I got some Old Heaven Hill bottled in bond 100 proof at another liquor store that has been in business since 1950 . Hole in the wall place with stuff stacked everywhere. I chatted with the owner and he said come back any time and I could rummage through the place

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Found this 375 mil bottle for $9.95 on clearance at a mega liquor store today. 125 proof fresh out of the still Buffalo trace is all it is. Interesting taste ,almost like a light rum but you can taste the grain in it too. Not something you would drink every day but it is pretty cool to see what your bourbon tastes like before it is aged. Of course I have access to local fresh made spirits too LOL. If you like bourbon and see this at a decent price I would recommend it . I love Buffalo Trace
    Kevin,Do you usually drink as a mixer if so what do you recommend with it?

4. Default

I mostly drink bourbon straight out of the bottle ,no ice or water just in my double shot glass. I am not a heavy drinker so 2 shots of anything is usually enough for me.

I mostly drink bourbon straight out of the bottle ,no ice or water just in my double shot glass. I am not a heavy drinker so 2 shots of anything is usually enough for me.
    One of my favorites as well, I use just a few cubes of ice. Maybe 3-4 just to cool & cut it. I never mix anything. kills the bourbon.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I'll have to track that down sometime since I love the aged version. There's a craft distiller out here, Woodinville Whickey Co, that makes a white whiskey that's not bad. I agree that it's not something I'd drink all the time but it's still good. I've wondered whether it'd be good as a mixer but I haven't mixed whiskey with anything other than my mouth in years Woodinville also makes an aging kit with 2 750ml bottles and a 5 gal cask. It sounds interesting but I've been on an ink kick lately...

7. Default

Buy in Bulk and enjoy!

Thread Information