Thread: Antique Commercial Humidor Case - totally amazing!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Antique Commercial Humidor Case - totally amazing!

I own an amazing antique commercial humidor display case that was made by the Loudon Manufacturing Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The metal plate says The Loudon Cigar Case and has three copyright dates: 1915, 1916, and 1921. It is the most incredible antique I have ever owned and is made of quartersawn tiger oak. It is VERY large: 88" long, 40" high at back, 26" deep.

The most amazing part of this case is that there are nine metal levers on the back that move up and down to control the glass pieces in the front of the case, opening them to allow customers to access merchandise. It definitely has a major WOW factor!

I am considering selling this amazing collector's item and am accepting offers on it. I live in Arizona and welcome truly interested cigar afficiandos to contact me and/or come to see it. I showed it to Jeff Cayton, who owns the Tinder Box Cigar Shop in Phoenix. He said that it was the most unique cigar display case he had ever seen and that the photo I had shown him did not do it justice. I can email photos from various angles to anyone who is interested. I am posting this one for now, which I edited to get rid of the clutter in the background. I would be happy to email additional photos.
    Diane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LoudonCigarHumidorShowcase.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	2854  

Thread Information