Thread: Can you identify this cigar for me?

1. Default Can you identify this cigar for me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120103_224615.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	2860
    Hello All - I am new to this forum, and I am looking for some help. My wife and I went to the Dominican on our honeymoon. I am a new to the cigar world, and while there I purchased a box of cigars. Me being new to the cigar world assumes I may have been taken by a local since I can't find this cigar anywhere online. I am wanting to know:
    1) Has anyone heard of this cigar or smoked it?
    2) Is it OK to put in my humidor with my other cigars?

The cigar wrapper says:
    Tabacalera (on the left) Dominican Republic (in the middle) Don Angel (on the right side).

Has a while label with a picture of a lady with wings (assuming an Angel).

I tried to attach a pic of the wrapper - hope it uploads.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Dave View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120103_224615.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	2860
    Hello All - I am new to this forum, and I am looking for some help. My wife and I went to the Dominican on our honeymoon. I am a new to the cigar world, and while there I purchased a box of cigars. Me being new to the cigar world assumes I may have been taken by a local since I can't find this cigar anywhere online. I am wanting to know:
    1) Has anyone heard of this cigar or smoked it?
    2) Is it OK to put in my humidor with my other cigars?

The cigar wrapper says:
    Tabacalera (on the left) Dominican Republic (in the middle) Don Angel (on the right side).

Has a while label with a picture of a lady with wings (assuming an Angel).

I tried to attach a pic of the wrapper - hope it uploads.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Welcome to the board. No clue on the cigar, but if they smoke well and you like 'em, who cares.

My guess is an independant cigar roller. I've been to the D.R. a few times. Every Plaza or tourist area has 100's of small booths with cigar rollers, each with either there own bands or rolled naked. Some of the best cigars I've smoked where Dominican fresh rolls.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

I've never heard of it, nor does it seem to come up in any internet searches. As long as they aren't flavored or infested with beetles you shouldn't have a problem storing them in your humi. If you aren't sure about beetles it might be best to keep them in "quarantine" for a time.

Welcome to the forum from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Welcome.

I agree with all of these posts,

If they are good, enjoy. There are some true artisans rolling their own in the DR so you might have some gems you will never get again.

Or they could be crap. Eitherway the decision is yours and yours alone. Have fun.

Also, the beetle thing. You may want to search those both here and google. There are some good resources out there. It may or may not be an issue but better safe than sorry if you are storing those with other cigars.

Blog Entries

I never heard of it either. Like everyone else said, if you like them then they're good cigars for you.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information