Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Movie / TV Series are you watching?

Momma has me watching Long Island Medium with her. Theresa is a nut...

...and I've been watching Blackhawk hockey on and off this season - but been watching every playoff game. Last nights game was a great, well played game. Very intense

Go Hawks!
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-09-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Go! Go! BLACK AND GOLD!

Here're the lyrics from "Time to Go" by the Dropkick Murphys:

Go! Go! Black and gold!
    Old-time hockey, bar the door
    Clear the track it's all-out war
    Light the lamp, throw a hit
    Black and gold never quit
    The barn is full, our team's in town
    So put 'em up boys, knock 'em out (knock 'em down)
    Drop the puck, it's time to go (time to go)

Bust outta work, it's quarter-past five
    Time to round up the gang
    and take the Red to the Orange line
    Head for the street and the Causeway crowd
    You can feel it in the air, when the team's in town

[Chorus]

Rancourt's ready, it's time to take to the ice
    So tie down the jersey 'cause it could get ugly tonight
    Top corner, five hole, off the post and in
    On a quest for the cup, and we're ready to win

[Chorus]

Go! Go! Black and gold!

Drop the puck, it's time to go
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Momma has me watching Long Island Medium with her. Theresa is a nut...

...and I've been watching Blackhawk hockey on and off this season - but been watching every playoff game. Last nights game was a great, well played game. Very intense

Go Hawks!
    I love Long Island Medium ! But it plays the same time as my other show so now that she has come to its end I can go back and watch Theresa...

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Go! Go! BLACK AND GOLD!

Here're the lyrics from "Time to Go" by the Dropkick Murphys:
    Oh, pipe down there Mr. Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong!

I have to admit the Bruins really did a number on the Penguins (I don't think anyone really saw that coming - a sweep of the series), but I don't think the Bruins are as invincible as it may seem. The Hawks are skating very well right now - and did very well despite having their hands full on the Western Conference side. Detroit was extremely aggressive, and LA was VERY physical as well. Both series showed the absolute Hawks determination to get the job done.

I really think, beyond the "original six" draw this is bound to have, this is going to be a great series with some very incredible, intense hockey. We'll just see how this series plays out, Mr. Spanky-Pants.
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-10-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I love Long Island Medium ! But it plays the same time as my other show so now that she has come to its end I can go back and watch Theresa...
    Grinella - they have this fairly new invention called "DVR". If you've not heard of it, you should. It's going to absolutely revolutionize TV watching! Imagine, if you will, being able to watch one show while you record another! Absolutely brilliant stuff!!! ...and no more excuses for not watching your favorite programs!

...but I still love you!!!

...and that goofy "Breaking Amish" is just completely lost-touch-with-reality goofy now! It started out very bizarre, but now is really turning into a comedy show of complete goofiness. Jeremiah having to "register" his hands with the government as "dangerous weapons", followed by Jeremiah's bare chested, board breaking display - which was upended when one of the untrained girls broke a board, was absolutely histerical.

Though I have to admit - I'm pretty close to shutting that show down because it is just TOO goofy without any real honest reason to keep going. It's degraded to the point that the ex-Amish, soon to be ex-Amish, and the like are now just all over the place...

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=ggiese;190482]Grinella - they have this fairly new invention called "DVR". If you've not heard of it, you should. It's going to absolutely revolutionize TV watching! Imagine, if you will, being able to watch one show while you record another! Absolutely brilliant stuff!!! ...and no more excuses for not watching your favorite programs!

...but I still love you!!!

QUOTE] Ha HA DVR means more time watching the boob tube with the rest of the boobs. I just can't be stressed over what I have to tape and watch later. but thanks for the heart oxox to you too...

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Anybody still watching Breaking Bad? The first episode last Sunday...oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Anybody still watching Breaking Bad? The first episode last Sunday...oh my.
    You best believe I am. It's going to be a wild finish.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

All that we have is Amazon Prime Instant Video, so the selection is limited and usually dated. Watched the first two seasons of Falling Skies and am in the first season of Under the Dome.

Blog Entries

Burn Notice
    Covert Affairs
    Suits
    Graceland

All on USA

I also like Person of Interest but it's on the same time as Suits and Suits right now is new while Person of Interest is in rerun. Oh, I forgot, I kinda got hooked on Under the Dome at first but not so much now.

What I like about USA Network is their "seasons" are the traditional network ones, Labor Day to Memorial Day sort of with reruns tossed in, etc. and either all reruns in the summer or they pull the series.

USA traditionally has two short seasons per year, summer when all the big networks are in rerun and some other time in the year, usually starting in February when the networks start sprinkling in reruns.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I mentioned it in the what are you smoking thread - but I was completely engrossed in Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. If you can get past having to read the subtitles, this was a fascinating study of a an incredible man. 10 seat non-descript sushi restaurant in the Tokyo subway booked 1-2 months in advance - at $300 per person. And there is no reading off a menu or ordering appetizers - you eat what Jiro prepares for you. He is the only small sushi restaurant that has been awarded 3 Michelin Guide stars.

Seriously - if you want to study the recipe for success, this is the movie.

Netflix has it available, and it appears Walmart has the BlueRay available for $13.11.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Go! Go! BLACK AND GOLD!
    Hey sparky! I forgot all about this post...

It's been a while - but how did the "Black and Gold" do in that series? Hmmmmmmm???? Seems to me there was some "drop kick" going on, but I'm quite certain it wasn't the Murphy's.

...or perhaps you just wanna forget!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I mentioned it in the what are you smoking thread - but I was completely engrossed in Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. If you can get past having to read the subtitles, this was a fascinating study of a an incredible man. 10 seat non-descript sushi restaurant in the Tokyo subway booked 1-2 months in advance - at $300 per person. And there is no reading off a menu or ordering appetizers - you eat what Jiro prepares for you. He is the only small sushi restaurant that has been awarded 3 Michelin Guide stars.

Seriously - if you want to study the recipe for success, this is the movie.

Netflix has it available, and it appears Walmart has the BlueRay available for $13.11.
    I first heard about this place through Anthony Bourdains No Reservations and put it on my bucket list. I believe his son has taken over since then. Great documentary for foodies, fans of sushi, and like you mentioned people who can appreciate the lifetime of dedication and passion that man showed.

For TV, I find it hard to follow anything after Breaking Bad. Only two shows I actually follow up on week after week are How I met your Mother and the Mentalist.

The more I see of Karl Urban the more I'm liking him as an actor. Because of this the wife (she feels the same about him) and I checked his new TV series "Almost Human" which started this week. We're both Sci Fi fans so we enjoyed the show a lot and have added it to our PVR list of things to be recorded.

If you too are a Sci Fi fan I highly recommend you give this show a look.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

I'm currently hooked on 'American Horror Story' - just finished season 1. I enjoy horror as a genre, but loathe how it gets grouped with gory movies or just cheeseball, cliche plot lines.

ETA: Oh, we're also watching:
    Mad Men - middle of S6
    Greatest American Hero - middle of S1
    Sons of Anarchy - about to start S6
    Project Runway (when it's on)
    Breaking Bad (though, technically, we haven't watched an episode yet, I've been collecting the seasons, when on sale, in anticipation)
    Last edited by mrtr33; 02-05-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: ETA: additional watchings

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I'm currently hooked on 'American Horror Story' - just finished season 1. I enjoy horror as a genre, but loathe how it gets grouped with gory movies or just cheeseball, cliche plot lines.

ETA: Oh, we're also watching:
    Mad Men - middle of S6
    Greatest American Hero - middle of S1
    Sons of Anarchy - about to start S6
    Project Runway (when it's on)
    Breaking Bad (though, technically, we haven't watched an episode yet, I've been collecting the seasons, when on sale, in anticipation)
    Oh, and Sherlock. We just finished Season 3.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Oh, and Sherlock. We just finished Season 3.
    I forgot to mention that earlier. Double-posting isn't as easy as it looks.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

CBGB

Good movie. I'd have to investigate a bit to see how much of it was reality (I won't btw), but a good movie nonetheless. Definitely worth a watch. I bet CC86 would love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    CBGB

Good movie. I'd have to investigate a bit to see how much of it was reality (I won't btw), but a good movie nonetheless. Definitely worth a watch. I bet CC86 would love it.
    Okay what was this? A movie about the now closed famous punk rock venue in NYC?

EDIT, never mind, I just googled it. I definitely would enjoy that, I never knew of the existence of this movie, thanks for letting me know, I'll bet I will love it!

I've only been there once, in September of 2006 to see the Dropkick Murphys, about a month before it closed for good. I was glad to have the experience to see a show there, the place was pretty cool.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-25-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

We went to see Hobbit ~ The Battle of Five Armies today. I really enjoyed it. I was fun bringing the girl (7) with us. They re-did the old Frackville theatre a while ago with a bunch of stadium seating, smaller rooms, and surround sound. We polished off a big tub of popcorn, and didn't get halfway through the two tankers of soda that went with it.

Also, later on, we watched Malificent at home. I enjoyed this too. I liked the revision to the story, but Sleeping Beauty will always be my favorite Disney movie. Without spoiling anything, I was happy to see they kept the same cane rap that the original had for the initial curse.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information