Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What Movie / TV Series are you watching?

1. Default

I guess me and Candy will go see American Sniper
    The older I get ,the better I was

Default What Movie / TV Series are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I'm desperately waiting to see this. I'm about wrapped up with the book. I think Eastwood will make sure it accurately portrays Kyle's story.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    We went to see Hobbit ~ The Battle of Five Armies today. I really enjoyed it. I was fun bringing the girl (7) with us. They re-did the old Frackville theatre a while ago with a bunch of stadium seating, smaller rooms, and surround sound. We polished off a big tub of popcorn, and didn't get halfway through the two tankers of soda that went with it.

Also, later on, we watched Malificent at home. I enjoyed this too. I liked the revision to the story, but Sleeping Beauty will always be my favorite Disney movie. Without spoiling anything, I was happy to see they kept the same cane rap that the original had for the initial curse.
    Took my wife to see The Hobbit at X'mas time. We wen to a "VIP" theater and it was rather nice. The seating is all double seats that are kind of like love seats and they come with a small table attached to the arms. You prebook your seat (and pick where to sit in the theater as well) and you can order dinner and drinks and have it all served at your seats. This is an 18 and over, 'adults only' theater....woohooo

We had hamburgers followed by popcorn and Smoothies...........LOL. It was good but the food was overpriced so the next time we go there, we'll eat before or after elsewhere. But it was a nice treat as a one-off.

The movie of course was excellent. I'm trying hard to let go of my angst over them adding stuff that was not in the book so they could make a third movie. My wife says I'm like an old dog worrying a bone but it pisses me off and it's a money grab plain and simple.

The 3D technology has sure advanced since the first, and last, time I checked it out back in the late 70's. Then it just gave me a headache. Now it's really impressive and easy on the eyes.

All told, we'll be going back again.

We bought Malificent, it's another good movie!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Took my wife to see The Hobbit at X'mas time. We wen to a "VIP" theater and it was rather nice. The seating is all double seats that are kind of like love seats and they come with a small table attached to the arms. You prebook your seat (and pick where to sit in the theater as well) and you can order dinner and drinks and have it all served at your seats. This is an 18 and over, 'adults only' theater....woohooo

We had hamburgers followed by popcorn and Smoothies...........LOL. It was good but the food was overpriced so the next time we go there, we'll eat before or after elsewhere. But it was a nice treat as a one-off.

The movie of course was excellent. I'm trying hard to let go of my angst over them adding stuff that was not in the book so they could make a third movie. My wife says I'm like an old dog worrying a bone but it pisses me off and it's a money grab plain and simple.

The 3D technology has sure advanced since the first, and last, time I checked it out back in the late 70's. Then it just gave me a headache. Now it's really impressive and easy on the eyes.

All told, we'll be going back again.

We bought Malificent, it's another good movie!
    I tend to agree with your wife on this one. If they made the hobbit just based on the book, it would have just been one movie, instead of three. In fact, I'm reading the Hobbit at beddtime, and I'm kinda finding it dull compared to the movies. Usually it's the other way around. I think they did a nice job backing into LOTR storyline, and I gather that Tolkien was a big fan of appendices that had more info than the basic book.

On that same note, you took no exception to a major plot change on Malificent?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by FordRaptorFiend View Post
    I'm desperately waiting to see this. I'm about wrapped up with the book. I think Eastwood will make sure it accurately portrays Kyle's story.
    Really, REALLY enjoyed the book. Great story - can't wait to see the movie.

I tend to agree with your wife on this one. If they made the hobbit just based on the book, it would have just been one movie, instead of three. In fact, I'm reading the Hobbit at beddtime, and I'm kinda finding it dull compared to the movies. Usually it's the other way around. I think they did a nice job backing into LOTR storyline, and I gather that Tolkien was a big fan of appendices that had more info than the basic book.

On that same note, you took no exception to a major plot change on Malificent?
    I've never read the book Malificent so I wasn't aware there was a difference between it and the movie.

As for The Hobbit, I figure it would have made two very good 3 to 3+ hour movies without the extraneous stuff. Sure they tied it into LOTR but really, they had to otherwise the appearance of Legolas would make even less sense.

Again, it's just a pet peeve of mine. You and my wife aren't the only people to tell me they have a differing opinion. My best friend came up to visit for a few days between x'mas and new years and he agrees with you two as well............LOL

Blog Entries

Um, have you seen Sleeping Beauty?

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Wow, Mrs. Crabtree hasn't had much material lately but she can't let this one go:

"Candy and I"

Dammit!

Helpful hint #106 from Mrs. Crabtree:

Do you say:

A: "Me will go see American Sniper"

or

B: "I will go see American Sniper?"

If you picked A then you watch too much "Tarzan" on the ABC Family Channel.

Back to topic: I'm still watching Person of Interest and The Good Wife (good ole corrupt politics in Chicago and Illinois, LOL!).

As far as sitcoms go, Last Man Standing is by far and away the best one on these days. The writing is incredible and the cast is fantastic. Big Bang Theory is another real good one too. Other than those two, I pretty much have no use for major network sitcoms.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-14-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

puro pot pass VI loser

If you mean the Disney version yes...........about 1.5 million years ago..........LOL

But my memory of Sleeping Beauty tells me that yes, Malificent is quite different.

I've watched the first 3 seasons of Last Man Standing on Netflix. I love this show! I even started rewatching it. There hasn't been a show this good since the first 2 seasons of Community and first 3 seasons of Eureka. Loved both those shows, but the later seasons were long in the tooth; especially Community.

Movie wise, I've watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 about six times since November. I just love this movie; the story, the characters, the graphics, and everything about it. It is just a good movie. Hell, now I want to watch it again!
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Only 4 episodes deep, but I'm loving it.

Blog Entries

Archer and Parks and Rec are back! I'm in love with Aubrey Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    I've watched the first 3 seasons of Last Man Standing on Netflix. I love this show! I even started rewatching it. There hasn't been a show this good since the first 2 seasons of Community and first 3 seasons of Eureka. Loved both those shows, but the later seasons were long in the tooth; especially Community.

Movie wise, I've watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 about six times since November. I just love this movie; the story, the characters, the graphics, and everything about it. It is just a good movie. Hell, now I want to watch it again!
    I hear you on HTTYD 2

We bought it when it came out and I've watched 3 or 4 times since. Most recently a week or so back we watched 1 and 2 back-to-back.

Watched Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford in The Frisco Kid last night.....it was on one of the movie channels. I hadn't seen it in years. As usual, Gene rocks and it was a really good movie. If you've never seen it yet, it's a good one to put on your "watch" list.

Blog Entries

Do Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! count?

I love Judge Judy too!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Do Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! count?

I love Judge Judy too!
    Just for grins momma and I attended a Wheel taping out in Las Vegas a few years ago. We were way, way, way, WAY in the back. Was surprised how big the audience was - it was crazy...

You should be watching Last Man Standing too. I would imagine you would love the occasional digs on the democrats...
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-17-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Just for grins momma and I attended a Wheel taping out in Las Vegas a few years ago. We were way, way, way, WAY in the back. Was surprised how big the audience was - it was crazy...

You should be watching Last Man Standing too. I would imagine you would love the occasional digs on the democrats...
    Yes, we watch Last Man Standing as often as possible. Probably the only sitcom on the major networks that's any good.

I missed it last night because I was at a political event (yes, I know you're shocked). I was wearing my Chicago flag lapel pin and for the first time ever, someone came up to me and identified it. Usually I get the question "What's that?" and when I tell them I also tell them what the three white stripes and the two blue stripes stand for and the four stars. Each of the six points of the four stars represent something too but I'm not THAT good enough to remember another 24 pieces of information.

Turns out the guy who knew it was a Chicago flag was born and grew up in Lake County (sorry, he told me the name of the town and I forgot......). He's a huge Cubs fan and he's real excited about this year.

So what do you think George, another Packers/Patriots Superbowl?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Yes, we watch Last Man Standing as often as possible. Probably the only sitcom on the major networks that's any good.

I missed it last night because I was at a political event (yes, I know you're shocked). I was wearing my Chicago flag lapel pin and for the first time ever, someone came up to me and identified it. Usually I get the question "What's that?" and when I tell them I also tell them what the three white stripes and the two blue stripes stand for and the four stars. Each of the six points of the four stars represent something too but I'm not THAT good enough to remember another 24 pieces of information.

Turns out the guy who knew it was a Chicago flag was born and grew up in Lake County (sorry, he told me the name of the town and I forgot......). He's a huge Cubs fan and he's real excited about this year.

So what do you think George, another Packers/Patriots Superbowl?
    I'm quite sure you were hoping for a Packers/Patriots Superbowl - but I'm happy to report it won't be so...

Cub's fan, eh...

Blog Entries

The Man in the High Tower

This is some good spy stuff!

Uncle Tupelo

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. On the BIG screen, in 3D, full Dolby sound - in full recliner seats, with Long Island Iced Tea! It does NOT get any better than that!!!

Not sure who has seen it - but have to say - I don't think there are any spoilers that are out there which will ruin the movie. It would take me quite a big post to destroy that movie for anyone wanting to see it. Bottom line - I am very pleased that Disney carried on in the same mode as the original Star Wars film. It was very refreshingly seamless! I enjoyed this one as much as I did the first...

I don't think it will win any Academy awards, but it will be one of those movies that a lot of people will want to add to their shelves to see again later.
    Last edited by ggiese; 12-22-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Thread Information