Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: humidor won't rise above 50, how do i fix that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    excellent! Let's get the equipment packed up and ready to go. As soon as we hear from Rus, we can get the ball rolling!

Listen - I was thinking... Perhaps we should invite the wives along. I know your wife was bummed when the London humidor fell through. We could make it up to them by doing a scientific AND social event all rolled into one. You game?
    I'm totally down for that - but I'm not going to tell the wifey until the day we leave... I can't put her through the emotional roller coaster again, she is still very upset about the last time. I have three different sling psychrometers, do you think I should bring all three? I wonder if there are any castles near Rus that we could rent out, I must admit that I was very much looking forward to wearing a suit of armor. It's on my bucket list.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I wonder if there are any castles near Rus that we could rent out, I must admit that I was very much looking forward to wearing a suit of armor. It's on my bucket list.
    That sounds like one hell of a bucket list. What else is on it?

Blog Entries

I'm totally down for that - but I'm not going to tell the wifey until the day we leave... I can't put her through the emotional roller coaster again, she is still very upset about the last time. I have three different sling psychrometers, do you think I should bring all three? I wonder if there are any castles near Rus that we could rent out, I must admit that I was very much looking forward to wearing a suit of armor. It's on my bucket list.
    I know a guy. LMK and I'll forward the contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    That sounds like one hell of a bucket list. What else is on it?
    This thread is about fixing rus' humidor issue. Let's not clutter this thread with buzz's bucket list, m'kay?

But I think you're on to something, little tommy! (sorry, tommy - your name harkens me back to the days of ol' "uncle" Larry (Lujack) and his sidekick "Little Tommy").

Why don't you start a bucket list thread?

I think one psychrometer should be fine, unless you think we may need to take two sets of readings or the one we bring may fail.

I also think it may be a bit premature to talk about staying at a castle. We may have issue with even finding decent hotel accommodations. I'm going to be awfully cranky if I am made to stay at anything less than a Hilton property.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    This.

Try the dollar bill and flashlight tests. FYI, capital letters, proper punctuation and relatively good grammar are appreciated around here. Feel free to use profanity as well, just be sure to spell your profanity correctly to avoid any misunderstandings.

LMAO!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I see ggiese is posting away in this thread again, is he picking on me again? He makes kitty feel bad..... Last time I went on a trip with him, the men in the white coats showed up and tried to put all of us in one of those trucks with bars on the windows and no door handles inside.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I see ggiese is posting away in this thread again, is he picking on me again? He makes kitty feel bad.....:smiley6: Last time I went on a trip with him, the men in the white coats showed up and tried to put all of us in one of those trucks with bars on the windows and no door handles inside.
    let's not bring up old, painful memories.. It's going to be a long, long, LONG time before this chucklehead goes on any outings.

buzz - good call on not discussing this with wifey. Rus has not give us any information we will need to make travel plans. Everything hinges on him getting back to us.

Badwhale - you know doggone well the Yugo's out. How dare you throw that into this situation.. Are you trying to start trouble?

no wonder why rus is upset with this group. I see his point! Between CoventryCat, little tommy and Badwhale talking nonsense, he has to think everyone on this forum is goofy!

9. Default

Another trip in the making...Buzz in a suit of armor doing scientific experements. Damn man. It gets no better than that. Count me in.

10. Default

I hope this trip works for you guys. I'd hate to see two vacations fall through in as many months. And to think, if you all would have made it to England, Buzz might have had a suit of armor to wear already.

Blog Entries

let's not bring up old, painful memories.. It's going to be a long, long, LONG time before this chucklehead goes on any outings.

buzz - good call on not discussing this with wifey. Rus has not give us any information we will need to make travel plans. Everything hinges on him getting back to us.

Badwhale - you know doggone well the Yugo's out. How dare you throw that into this situation.. Are you trying to start trouble?

no wonder why rus is upset with this group. I see his point! Between CoventryCat, little tommy and Badwhale talking nonsense, he has to think everyone on this forum is goofy!
    Hey, let me know if ya wanna use the plane, I've got no problem loaning it to you fellas. You'll have to work out the pilot/crew compensation yourselves though.
    Last edited by ashauler; 01-17-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Hey, let me know if ya wanna use the plane, I've got no problem loaning it you fellas. You'll have to work out the pilot/crew compensation yourselves though.
    I very much appreciate the offer, Jamie - but I'm thinking the "compensation" piece is likely to exceed what we could probably pay for a commercial flight. I'm not dismissing your very generous offer, though - let me see where Rus lives to get a sense of what our best options might be. I don't sense a ton of urgency, but you never know.

Blog Entries

I very much appreciate the offer, Jamie - but I'm thinking the "compensation" piece is likely to exceed what we could probably pay for a commercial flight. I'm not dismissing your very generous offer, though - let me see where Rus lives to get a sense of what our best options might be. I don't sense a ton of urgency, but you never know.
    Cool.....just so ya know, the entire crew smokes cigars.

Blog Entries

Since it's a chartered flight, we can smoke cigars on the plane, right?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rus View Post
    recently bought a .........................

any suggestions on things i could try or possible causes?

thank you, appreciate the advice.
    Last resort is to piss in it
    The older I get ,the better I was

16. Default

I had this problem when I bought my first humidor. Try the dollar bill test. I ended up buying a digital hygrometer and eventually upgraded to 65% humidity beads. They are worth the investment if you want properly humidified cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by dasunder View Post
    I had this problem when I bought my first humidor. Try the dollar bill test. I ended up buying a digital hygrometer and eventually upgraded to 65% humidity beads. They are worth the investment if you want properly humidified cigars.
    You've been by his house and assessed the situation with his humidor already?

Details, man - we need DETAILS!

18. Default

Well, I was planning on using my first post to introduce myself. But now, I'm not going to even bother. It's members like Coventry or whatever the hell his name is, that give this place a bad name. You complain about typing errors (%), but yet, you act immature as hell about answering the guys question. Who wants to post questions pertaining to a mans cigars, when the majority or replies are smartass remarks. I will be sticking to the BOTL forum.
    Last edited by AmericanSoldier1989; 01-24-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSoldier1989 View Post
    Well, I was planning on using my first post to introduce myself. But now, I'm not going to even bother. It's members like Coventry or whatever the hell his name is, that give this place a bad name. You complain about typing errors (%), but yet, you act immature as hell about answering the guys question. Who wants to post questions pertaining to a mans cigars, when the majority or replies are smartass remarks. I will be sticking to the BOTL forum.

Good, assholes like you aren't needed or wanted here. Go back to the two-faced losers and scammers like CVM4 over on BOLT and have a grand ole time you jackass.

By the way, you forgot the apostrophe in "guy's" and "man's" you dumbass. "Guy's" and "man's" are possessive the way you used those words here. Not only are you a jackass, you're too stupid to be posting here so you won't be missed.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-24-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSoldier1989 View Post
    Having visited for all of about 10 minutes, you have this place figured out? ...and BOTL is more your style, you say?

Have you tried Puff.com? I'm quite sure you'd fit in very well over there too!.

Thread Information