Thread: specific humidor recommendations - not just urls

Default specific humidor recommendations - not just urls

I've been slowly working through the cooler and am going to retire it. I've curtailed the habit down to once or twice a week. Mostly because my boys ( a 9 year old and twin 5 yr olds) have been questioning me about it. That being said I'm not quiting and would like very specific product recommendations.

I'm looking for a desk top humidor that holds between 150 and 200 sticks. I would like all wood, no glass, and would prefer a more classic sort of look.

I know all the sites and have checked them out and, as I am sure you all know, they're are plenty to choose from but if any of you have any specific recommendations I'd love to hear it.

While I would love to say money isn't an issue... of course it is. Let's be reasonable. I'm not spending thousands on a wooden box.

Thanks for the help BOTLs and SOTL (yep that's you Cinda)
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 01-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Ooh tough. I haven't seen any desk top styles that hold that many. My 100 cigar humidor is pretty large, and I would recommend you get two of something like it, but it has a glass window. It does however work great, and it looks very classy. Its called the bally 2. I personally love being able to look in the window and see my hygrometer, some of my favorite sticks on top also. I might look around for a larger model though to help you out more

IM looking at a new one my self, Don Salvatore .
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/fud/2805334820.html

The wife is going this week to see if they still have it.
    I'm not sure of the capacity yet i just like the looks of it.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 01-24-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I have one very much like this: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...HUM-300GR.html
    I think there is a pic of it in the humidor thread. It holds around 200 or so mixed vitola's....seals very well, and has drawers for cutters, lighters, pipe cleaners, etc.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I have one very much like this: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...HUM-300GR.html
    I think there is a pic of it in the humidor thread. It holds around 200 or so mixed vitola's....seals very well, and has drawers for cutters, lighters, pipe cleaners, etc.....
    Just don't buy the black tassel (seriously) version of this humidor found on eBay. I have the black tassel one; I took a hammer to it to see how it was constructed. Pressboard bottom of the humidor part; fitted, not glued in place so it leaks into the drawers. "Spanish cedar lining" was extremely-thin veneer; The floor of the tray was pressboard with spanish cedar veneer as well.

OTOH, my 'good' humidor was also an eBay purchase. A used 3/4" real wood, 3/8" full cedar lining, for under $100.

Seems hard to find a new real wood humidor until you get just over $1k. I'd probably get Staebell or Vanderburgh. (Well, I wouldn't pay that much, but in those you get what you pay for). The "Stogiefresh" special that Vanderburgh did was well-priced, but I don't know if those are still available.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I would HIGHLY recommend these people.
    They make humidors to order and to your specifications. They are built to the highest standard and are world class. I own one and absolutely love it.
    Again these are NOT mass produced humidors they are hand made by craftsmen and well worth the money.

http://downeastboxes.com

Prices are very good for such quality
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    They make humidors to order and to your specifications. They are built to the highest standard and are world class. I own one and absolutely love it.
    Again these are NOT mass produced humidors they are hand made by craftsmen and well worth the money.

These are sweet. I'm going to reach out to them.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Of course after posting this I decided to check out cigar bid, which I hadn't been on in over a year, and low balled a bunch of boxes and ended up winning a most of them so the cooler will probably stay up and running through summer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    These are sweet. I'm going to reach out to them.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Of course after posting this I decided to check out cigar bid, which I hadn't been on in over a year, and low balled a bunch of boxes and ended up winning a most of them so the cooler will probably stay up and running through summer.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

Nice site!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Nice site!
    The humidors are so well built, I only need to recharge the beads once or twice a year.
    Just like Ronco.....Set it and forget it !
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information