Thread: Introductions

Default Introductions

I have noticed a large number of introduction threads posted in the cigar forum. Wouldn't these threads be better off in a newbie/introduction forum? I'm new here myself, so I'm not sure if it's organised this way for a reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    I have noticed a large number of introduction threads posted in the cigar forum. Wouldn't these threads be better off in a newbie/introduction forum? I'm new here myself, so I'm not sure if it's organised this way for a reason.
    Search around for some discussions on introductions. Well, that search might yield a large number of results, but the gist is that we like it this way. Hell, look about 12 threads down in this forum, and there's a post that pretty much explains all this.

I don't personally care if someone does a formal introduction, or they jump in and join in the conversation. That's just me. Others prefer a formal introduction, or at least someone who thinks "hmmm, I should introduce myself here, but I don't see anywhere to do it. Lemme search and see what others have done." etc.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Search around for some discussions on introductions. Well, that search might yield a large number of results, but the gist is that we like it this way. Hell, look about 12 threads down in this forum, and there's a post that pretty much explains all this.

I don't personally care if someone does a formal introduction, or they jump in and join in the conversation. That's just me. Others prefer a formal introduction, or at least someone who thinks "hmmm, I should introduce myself here, but I don't see anywhere to do it. Lemme search and see what others have done." etc.
    Ah, okay. I should have known this has been mentioned before, and looked around more. Thanks, badwhale.

4. Default

If you want to do an intro thats cool or not thats fine too . If you fit in great ,if you are an asshat it will come out pretty quickly.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    If you want to do an intro thats cool or not thats fine too . If you fit in great ,if you are an asshat it will come out pretty quickly.
    Yep, it's not so much if you do or don't, but how you do or don't. Personally I like it when people do an intro of some sort.

Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of "introductions." If someone wants to do one then fine, if not then no one should hold that against them. If I join a forum then find out that posting an "introduction" is a requirement of all noobs then I leave immediately. Why should I be forced to provide a bunch of nosy assholes with personal information about me when I don't know $hit about them?

I think a separate noob/introduction forum is a bad idea and I highly doubt one would ever be created here. If one is then I'll never look at it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

Here is my intro. "Hi ya'all my name is Kevin7,I recon ya'all know yours"
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information