Thread: Just got humidor, question about directions

Default Just got humidor, question about directions

So my order came in from Cuban Crafters for a 50 count humidor. In the directions of setting it up, it clearly states never to wipe the inside with water. It says to place a glass of distilled water inside of it. All of the reading I have done and videos I have watched say to wipe down the interior with distilled water. Am I missing something here? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brett89 View Post
    So my order came in from Cuban Crafters for a 50 count humidor. In the directions of setting it up, it clearly states never to wipe the inside with water. It says to place a glass of distilled water inside of it. All of the reading I have done and videos I have watched say to wipe down the interior with distilled water. Am I missing something here? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    I would wipe it down. Or you could follow their instructions. You could also use search and just decide for yourself what is best to do.

I think wiping it down with a damp rag of distilled water just helps speed up the seasoning process. Get some cigars in there, some sort of humidification device and start smoking / buying more / smoking. Don't get hung up on the humidor.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thanks for the reply. All of the searches I did just came back to wiping down the humidor, didn't say which was better. I will just wipe it down, it seems like that is the preferred method. I have 20 cigars waiting to go in the humidor from cbid so I just really wanted to get it ready in time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brett89 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. All of the searches I did just came back to wiping down the humidor, didn't say which was better. I will just wipe it down, it seems like that is the preferred method. I have 20 cigars waiting to go in the humidor from cbid so I just really wanted to get it ready in time.
    Think of it this way.

20 cigars go into the humidor. You start to smoke them. During this time you monitor what your humidor is doing, but don't over fret about it. Make adjustments and keep buying / smoking. Don't let humidor OCD ruin the hobby off the bat. 20 cigars sitting in a humi that's riding at 55%rh is better than in the kitchen drawer.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information