Thread: A basic question for the pro's

1. Default A basic question for the pro's

Hello. I am brand new to the cigar world and to the forum, and sure would appreciate a pointer or two. I just bought a Berkeley digital humidor. It arrived about a week ago and so far seems to be doing fine - 71% humidity at 62 degrees. (At least, I think that is fine. Please share any contrary opinions!) The humidor has the "green foam" type humidifier. In preparing it, I soaked it in distilled water; at the time I did not have any 50/50 glycol but have since gotten a bottle. When the foam needs re-juvenating, will it be soaked again or just dampened a bit? Plus, how much of the glycol is recommended?

I am very grateful for responses to an admitted newbie's questions. Also, any cigar recommendations are welcome (if this is the proper forum for that.) I really like the mild Primo del Rey toro and Romeo y Julieta bully, but am open to any suggestions!

Thank you all.

Blog Entries

Pros don't use green foam. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by haubeman View Post
    Hello. I am brand new to the cigar world and to the forum, and sure would appreciate a pointer or two. I just bought a Berkeley digital humidor. It arrived about a week ago and so far seems to be doing fine - 71% humidity at 62 degrees. (At least, I think that is fine. Please share any contrary opinions!) The humidor has the "green foam" type humidifier. In preparing it, I soaked it in distilled water; at the time I did not have any 50/50 glycol but have since gotten a bottle. When the foam needs re-juvenating, will it be soaked again or just dampened a bit? Plus, how much of the glycol is recommended?

I am very grateful for responses to an admitted newbie's questions. Also, any cigar recommendations are welcome (if this is the proper forum for that.) I really like the mild Primo del Rey toro and Romeo y Julieta bully, but am open to any suggestions!

Thank you all.
    I prefer 68% and if your using the green foam thing just add a little water when the Rh drops don't soak it.
    Your much better off going with beads.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

4. Default

Welcome to CS,use the search function and read up before asking twelvetyfive questions . Nothing against you but the stream of questions from newbies thinking we are the fucking answer center is annoying
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Get rid of the foam and use 65% beads. Try a Padron 1000 series and AF hemmingway. Read more, post less, use search, don't buy a humidor from waxing moon. Welcome from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

I bought a budget humidor that came with a green foam puck. Damn puck went moldy in the first month, so I got me some beads! Welcome to the forum.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from eastern Oregon. Got beads and use them only. Try CAO and buenos maduritos.
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Get rid of the foam and use 65% beads. Try a Padron 1000 series and AF hemmingway. Read more, post less, use search, don't buy a humidor from waxing moon. Welcome from AZ.

-Buzz
    It's a darn good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or I'd have been cleaning my monitors off

ROFLMAO

Oh, welcome to the new guy from Northern Alberta, Canada
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

varderii Guest

Nothing against you however the stream of questions from newcomers thinking we're the fucking answer center is annoying

Blog Entries

spammer vardelli or whatever, reported.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information