Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Fly fishing, fly tying, building rc cars, flying rc planes, play ice hockey, and golf.

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

I've been looking at buying a plane. What would you recommend for a beginner?

Blog Entries

A kite.

Super Cub LP is a great starter. It's a foam plane and is only 3 channel rudder, tail, and throttle. About $200 for everything including Lipo battery and charger. Can also buy an optional float set to land and take off from water. Although foam, pretty durable and easy to fix. Check youtube for videos.

Mark

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    A kite.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Super Cub LP is a great starter. It's a foam plane and is only 3 channel rudder, tail, and throttle. About $200 for everything including Lipo battery and charger. Can also buy an optional float set to land and take off from water. Although foam, pretty durable and easy to fix. Check youtube for videos.

Mark
    Sounds like a pretty good deal!

Blog Entries

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Wood working/turning and distance running. I haven't found a thread for the latter though I'm not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Todays hobby was replacing the crankshaft balancer/pulley on her Mini Cooper S . It was a shitty BMW design and they wanted 400$ for a factory one. I went online and got a billet aftermarket one that weighs less than 1 pound. Now the lil bastard will fly down the road. Gonna save up and get a 15% larger pulley for the supercharger and go eat some Mustang GT's
    What year is your Binnie? My sister in law had a 2007 and the transmission was all kinds of fucked up. The later years supposedly ficed the problem but my father in law never failed to tease her about it not being original. He used to race the British models in the 60s and never lost the love for the originals.
    Last edited by Cigarbear; 04-13-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: fixing the lack of context

Blog Entries

oh, Hobbies. I got it.

I like to kill things, blow things up, bake bread, write code and build fires.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    Wood working/turning and distance running. I haven't found a thread for the latter though I'm not surprised

What year is your Binnie? My sister in law had a 2007 and the transmission was all kinds of fucked up. The later years supposedly ficed the problem but my father in law never failed to tease her about it not being original. He used to race the British models in the 60s and never lost the love for the originals.
    05 S 6 speed manual ,supposedly a Getrag transmission .We drove an 07 S and it was turbocharged,it was OK but the boost came on weird to me. With the 05 being supercharged there is 0 lag if you are above 2000 rpm . Its just haul ass to 7 grand and shift repeatedly I got the new pulley on with no problems in approx 2 hrs start to finish. I like the old Brit ones but to be honest all Brit cars are a 1/1 repair/drive ratio and it's Candys car so its gotta be reliable.
    The older I get ,the better I was

That's quite about the Brit cars but my FIL was a car nut. He had 3 running and 6 for parts at his peak. The NW mini club he helped found had a reunion a few years back and it was so cool to see the all the originals. They even had a mini moke.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    A kite.
    I love flying kites. I would recommend an Ozone Samurai for the beginner!

13. Default

Drag racing Motorcycles.

14. Default

Today's hobby was rippin down the road doin bout 125 down to the store for gas . Kinda ironic LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

The lower the gauge is, the faster you go!

Djing (records), collecting graffiti toys, tuning cars, surfing (when I get the chance) and doing bitch work around the yard.

Northern Arizona. I small town called Kayenta on the Navajo Nation

Quad riding, boating and wakeboarding on Lake Powell, home improvement, drawing, painting, sculpting, film making, photography, custom electric guitar building, native american (navajo and NAC) traditional stuff, computer graphics and whatever else seems to come around.

I quit drinking nearly 9 years ago so I gotta stay busy with shit. Otherwise I get in all kinds of trouble...
    To argue with a woman is like pissin against the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post

Mark
    I haven't flown a RC plane in a year, but now you got me thinking i need to get back in to it.
    You want a cheap good plane that damn near anyone can fly look at this one we flew it in every state in the USA parts of Canada and Hawaii.
    http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...ico_Tiger_Moth

Its a tough little bastard and easy to fix.
    I had my hands on it early on and it survived to make it over 100 flights.
    http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872
    no i didnt crash it
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Smoking, reading, hiking, camping, off-roading in my jeep, and traveling.
    "It is best to keep your mouth shut and be presumed ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt."
    -Mark Twain

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go."
    -Mark Twain

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

I'm a big Golfer in my free time, I just don't get enough free time. I'm also a pretty avid reader, and have quite a few books.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Thread Information