Thread: nOOb: few starter questions.

1. Default nOOb: few starter questions.

Okay so first starting.. This isn't my first online community. Some forums like the new threads because it keeps the forum active.

Others like people to use search function. I am fine with both, but I like personalized responses as it seems more detailed to my situation and I honestly don't have hours a day to search. But what seems to be the trend around here??

Also, when storing a cigar in the humidor, what's best? No plastic wrapper or keep them in the wrapper?

At what level seems to be ideal with cigars and the hot, steamy humidity they crave? Mine sits at 72%. It was 75% when I put my cigars in (about 20) 4 days ago.

And what's a good humidifier for my humidor? I doubt the black box is of any good quality. And my father has the same box. So I'll pick him up a unit too. I heard gel units are good. But honestly with so much product on the market, a name can mean more than the actual use. Help!

(oh, and I'm a photo nut..)

nOOb here to soak up the wise air

Buy a digital hygrometer, they're a lot more accurate than the analog ones.

I just got my heartfelt beads in and I can see why a lot of people swear they're the best. Plus, the way they work is pretty cool imo.

I'm a newb doing the same you are, try the newbie sampler!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustedVisaCard View Post
    Okay so first starting.. This isn't my first online community. Some forums like the new threads because it keeps the forum active.

Others like people to use search function. I am fine with both, but I like personalized responses as it seems more detailed to my situation and I honestly don't have hours a day to search. But what seems to be the trend around here??

Also, when storing a cigar in the humidor, what's best? No plastic wrapper or keep them in the wrapper?

At what level seems to be ideal with cigars and the hot, steamy humidity they crave? Mine sits at 72%. It was 75% when I put my cigars in (about 20) 4 days ago.

And what's a good humidifier for my humidor? I doubt the black box is of any good quality. And my father has the same box. So I'll pick him up a unit too. I heard gel units are good. But honestly with so much product on the market, a name can mean more than the actual use. Help!

(oh, and I'm a photo nut..)
    I will answer the first question, and the rest should be self explanatory: use search.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

4. Default

I don't answer questions . Too much information stored here to keep regurgitating the same basic shit,sorry if it seems like i'm an asshole but I am
    The older I get ,the better I was

Here's a personal response - tailored just for you...

There are plenty of books and websites that answer everything you could ask about cigars. And searches for the information is truly not that difficult.

Let us know if you need anything else! We're here to please!.

Blog Entries

You should use beads. If you do that, all you need is a cheapie hygrometer. If your beads are working then the needle will never move. When it goes down, add water to the beads. I think expensive hygros are a complete waste of money. I still want to know about the "kitten."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

No worries. Like I said, this isn't the first forum I joined. Some like new threads (even if basic repeats). Some rather you use the search.

Before I go stepping on toes just rather get a feel for the forum. I can keep my post counts down if needed. I'm just here to make my pass time a much better experience and enjoy the time left with my pops.

The "kitten" is the wifey. I got real lucky with her.

I'll check out the beads
    nOOb here to soak up the wise air

Thread Information