Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions?

1. Default suggestions?

I was wondering if some veterans of the board can help me. I have a new cigar website I just opened, i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on advertising. I tried google, but once you mention 'tobacco' they go nuts and make things very difficult. I was also thinking about advertising in a magazine, which do you guy's recommend, 'cigar aficionado' or 'smoke'? I'd appreciate any suggestion anyone may have.
    Thanks,
    Rick

I don't know anything about advertising. But I would like to know what your website address is.

3. Default

I would definitly recommend Cigar Afficionado. They are Iconic in the Cigar world and would be a very prestigeous forum for your new business.

P.S. What is your site address?
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

The webiste addy is in his profile.
    I am in advertising and if you want to put an ad in a antional magazine, that would really be great, as long as you have a couple of suitcases of cash to pay for it. To put a 1/4 page in the newspaper in a mid sized metro area for 3 days, a Thurs-Sat run, will would cost you around $6000. So do the math from there for a national rag like ca. You may do better to find as many cigar boards as you can and check out their advertising policies, and start out there.
    Captain, it is I!

Blog Entries

If you are going to use the boards for advertising, you might want to read up on some of the internet community etiquette. Starting 6 threads in one night all basically advertising your product is considered bad protocol and could get you banned in some places.

That being said, you can get a link in our Cigar Stores section for a year. If you would like details send me a PM.

I own and operate Camino Viejo Tabacos an online retail shop, currently #1 for "cigars" on yahoo, top 5 on msn, and top 25 on Google. Your prices are very low, are you gearing your sales more towards wholesale or retail?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

my fave is the Cohiba Knockoffs....Colita

Colita means "little tail" in Spanish....anyone want a lttle tail?

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    my fave is the Cohiba Knockoffs....Colita

Colita means "little tail" in Spanish....anyone want a lttle tail?
    not from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    not from you!
    you are oviously WAY to used to guys hitting on you....lol

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    you are oviously WAY to used to guys hitting on you....lol
    unfortunately, yes. i didn't realize it was that apparent. most of my girlfriend's friends are homos. they often make light hearted, inappropriate comments to me as a typical guy my age would make to a girl. and i normally snap back with some derogatory gay comment.

10. Exclamation harsh reception

I'm seeing my 'colita' brand is getting a hard reception. Thanks for the advise on adversiting. The address to the site is www.dandscigars.com . As for advertising in message boards and sites I do plan on advertising on cigarsmokers.com , right now I'm looking at all my options and getting as much feedback from cigar enthusiasts out there before I make a decision. As for the 'colita' brand I completely understand where you guys are coming from. The line was never my idea, I bought the rights/labels/and materials for the brand off a factory in Dominican that was going under. I got everything next to nothing. The actual cigar is a pretty good smoke. It's a longfiller premium cigar. The idea to carry to 'cohiba' look alike was never mine, but the opportunity arose and it would have been a stupid business decision not to take it. I am receiveing pretty good feedback from you guys, I appreciate your help

11. Default hex1848

hex1848, i'm interested in your advertising options, send me some info whenver you can, i'm not exactly sure how to PM you. Thanks for the help
    -Rick

sorry for hijacking your wrongly placed thread with my fag-talk. send me a sample stick for forgiveness and i'll give a review.

Quote Originally Posted by DandScigars
    hex1848, i'm interested in your advertising options, send me some info whenver you can, i'm not exactly sure how to PM you. Thanks for the help
    -Rick

14. Default thanks for the help drake

thanks for the help drake,
    i'll be sure to PM you later today to get your information. I'll see if I can send you some 'colita' samples to see what you think , but yea i'll be happy to send you a couple of my cigars, to get some feedback from you.
    -rick

I'm seeing my 'colita' brand is getting a hard reception. Thanks for the advise on adversiting. The address to the site is www.dandscigars.com . As for advertising in message boards and sites I do plan on advertising on cigarsmokers.com , right now I'm looking at all my options and getting as much feedback from cigar enthusiasts out there before I make a decision. As for the 'colita' brand I completely understand where you guys are coming from. The line was never my idea, I bought the rights/labels/and materials for the brand off a factory in Dominican that was going under. I got everything next to nothing. The actual cigar is a pretty good smoke. It's a longfiller premium cigar. The idea to carry to 'cohiba' look alike was never mine, but the opportunity arose and it would have been a stupid business decision not to take it. I am receiveing pretty good feedback from you guys, I appreciate your help

I just found the name amusing....sorry for hijacking the thread also.....just having a little fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    unfortunately, yes. i didn't realize it was that apparent. most of my girlfriend's friends are homos. they often make light hearted, inappropriate comments to me as a typical guy my age would make to a girl. and i normally snap back with some derogatory gay comment.
    Drake, are you spending too much time in Montrose?

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

[FONT=Arial]
    Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2

hehe, so even in San Antonio you know what Montrose is. Funny.
    Last edited by cigar no baka; 07-21-2005 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default Hmmmmmm.....

The site is very slick. Extremely professional.

Makes me wonder. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Maybe D&S cigars just wanted to plug their store on this board and they weren't too sure about the policy here.

The prices are extremely economical too.

The site looks nice. In fact so nice that I have a hard time believing that you need advice on advertising!

But I'm a suspicious person by nature anyway.

Are you sure you guys aren't those Nigerians that were trying to sell us cell phones?

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    well, westheimer in that direction. lots of good food for cheap around there, though. as long as you don't hate gay people. helluva lot cheaper than resteraunts in my part of town.

thanks for the help drake,
    i'll be sure to PM you later today to get your information. I'll see if I can send you some 'colita' samples to see what you think , but yea i'll be happy to send you a couple of my cigars, to get some feedback from you.
    -rick
    Welcome to Csmokers Rick. If you want feedback, you've found the right place. I'm quite sure you will find more than a few folks around here willing to taste test your products.

As for advertising, I think you're on the right track by hanging around here. My advice would be to get involved in a few cigar BBs and really get to know your demographic. Good luck with your new venture!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Thread Information