View Poll Results: Favorite Cigar Origin?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cuba

0 0%
  • Dominican

1 33.33%
  • Nicaraguan

2 66.67%
  • Honduras

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Opus X A Coffin Humidity Question

1. Default Opus X A Coffin Humidity Question

I recently bought an Opus X A in the coffin and I am wondering how I should humidify the cigar. I do not want to break the seal to the coffin...just yet, or at least until I have set aside three and a half hours to smoke this stick. So my question is, will the cigar stay humidified under that cedar coffin exterior or do I have to bite the bullet, break the seal, and lay the "A" coffin-less with the rest of my stogies.

Thank you for the responses, feel free to mention your favorite cigar in the reply, as I am an aspiring aficionado ().

Blog Entries

Leave cigar in coffin, and leave coffin in humidor.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    What he said!!! Enjoy the "A" - I've never developed much of a fondness for them. Too doggone big - it does not taste quite right to me. In my humble opinion, the best vitola in the Opus X line is the Petit Lancero.

BTW - you realize of course many of the popular cigars are a blend of multiple regions, right? So answering that poll question is a tad bit difficult... Bottom line - I prefer just about any cigar with a Cameroon wrapper. Sungrown's are a close second, followed by Maduro. And - mostly those cigars that contain a blend from multiple regions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    What he said!!! Enjoy the "A" - I've never developed much of a fondness for them. Too doggone big - it does not taste quite right to me. In my humble opinion, the best vitola in the Opus X line is the Petit Lancero.

BTW - you realize of course many of the popular cigars are a blend of multiple regions, right? So answering that poll question is a tad bit difficult... Bottom line - I prefer just about any cigar with a Cameroon wrapper. Sungrown's are a close second, followed by Maduro. And - mostly those cigars that contain a blend from multip'?le regions.
    C'mon, who you foolin'? Everyone knows you are a sucker for the perfectos from Argentinia.

6. Default

many of the popular cigars are a blend of multiple regions
    So basically the country of origin does not necessarily mean where the wrapper, binder, and filler came from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSmoker1 View Post
    So basically the country of origin does not necessarily mean where the wrapper, binder, and filler came from?
    Right. A blend is more often the case, rather than a "puro."
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Wrapper, binder and filler could each potentially come from a different country of origin. And - some fillers could also originate from multiple countries of origin - depending on what the manufacturer is trying to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    C'mon, who you foolin'? Everyone knows you are a sucker for the perfectos from Argentinia.
    Ahh... I used to - until the Argentinia's got their ass whooped by the British in the Faukin' Islands...

Blog Entries

Just because a Toyota Camry is "made" in the United States doesn't necessarily mean that any of the components were manufactured there now does it?

Your poll is f#cking stupid, I'm not voting in it and I would encourage others to ignore it too.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Just because a Toyota Camry is "made" in the United States doesn't necessarily mean that any of the components were manufactured there now does it?

Your poll is f#cking stupid, I'm not voting in it and I would encourage others to ignore it too.
    Oh, Bill... The poll is not "f#cking stupid" - it's just that he does not yet know. Have patience and give him some time. It'll be okay.

Blog Entries

Oh, Bill... The poll is not "f#cking stupid" - it's just that he does not yet know. Have patience and give him some time. It'll be okay.

It is stupid dammit!

I'm gonna start me a new poll, what's your favorite country of origin for automobiles? And I don't mean what country the COMPANY is from, I mean what country the car was put together in, never mind where the components came from. Let's take a Toyota Camry for example, tell me sir, is it a Japanese car because Toyota is a Japanese company that is traded on the Nikkei or is it an American car because it's assembled here and the VIN begins with a "1" or is it a European car because most of the sub-assemblies and components came from European countries? I can't even figure out myself whether or not the damn thing is a Japanese car, an American car or a European car. Maybe it's a Japanese car because it was DESIGNED by a bunch of clowns that were too stupid to figure out how to win Wold War II and who can't design a damned thing on their own but instead do nothing but steal designs from other countries and modify them and claim they are some sort of "superior" force in the manufacturing world because they can produce a car cheaper that rots away in five years.....BUT STILL RUNS GREAT!

Do you now see how stupid that poll would be?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

It is stupid dammit!

I'm gonna start me a new poll, what's your favorite country of origin for automobiles? And I don't mean what country the COMPANY is from, I mean what country the car was put together in, never mind where the components came from. Let's take a Toyota Camry for example, tell me sir, is it a Japanese car because Toyota is a Japanese company that is traded on the Nikkei or is it an American car because it's assembled here and the VIN begins with a "1" or is it a European car because most of the sub-assemblies and components came from European countries? I can't even figure out myself whether or not the damn thing is a Japanese car, an American car or a European car. Maybe it's a Japanese car because it was DESIGNED by a bunch of clowns that were too stupid to figure out how to win Wold War II and who can't design a damned thing on their own but instead do nothing but steal designs from other countries and modify them and claim they are some sort of "superior" force in the manufacturing world because they can produce a car cheaper that rots away in five years.....BUT STILL RUNS GREAT!

Do you now see how stupid that poll would be?
    It would be even more stupid because this is a cigar forum.

I too think the original pole is stupid, almost as stupid as asking if gas-gars would "age" and end up tasting better next to real "premium" cigars in a humidor, however if he qualified it with what is your favorite country of origin for a puro, the poll would have made more sense (still a useless poll.)

The Germans couldn't figure out how to win WW-II either, but they do design their own cars, FWIW. I guess I'm saying that I don't see WW-II as a matter of stupidity.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    snip....
    I too think the original pole...snip
    So, you know this guy pretty well then I'm guessing.

BTW, either of you two mooks post another fuckin' poll I'm sending Thompson's your e-mail / home / work addresses. Yes, I got 'em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    So, you know this guy pretty well then I'm guessing.

BTW, either of you two mooks post another fuckin' poll I'm sending Thompson's your e-mail / home / work addresses. Yes, I got 'em.
    I thought that didn't look right...

Uncle Tupelo

16. Default

Classy...
    "It is what it is" ~ George Washington

Blog Entries

Classy...
    At least I'm not a dumb ass like you.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information