Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in buying Opus X A 's w/Coffin?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Yes and no...

I ran into this in Salt Lake City, UT on a visit to a tobacco shop. They were charging ungodly prices on Anejo's. The store clerk suggested the Anejo was the "Cadillac" of cigars and commanded such a high price. I walked out...

According to Fuente - it is strictly enforced at a retailer that is shipped Opus X and Anejo cigars. So - if the dealer jacks the prices through the roof, if Fuente finds out they will reduce or eliminate shipments of Opus' to them again and it will seriously jeopardize their receiving other Fuente product (other than Curly Heads or Montessino). However - if they do not receive Opus and purchase from an "alternate" source (other than Fuente), the dealer would be permitted to charge more. Fuente has little control in that case.

I would suggest to you that if your retailer is a Fuente shop, they've been shipped those Opus A's at retail by Fuente and they're charging $60 each without basis for the pricing (e.g. taxes included) - Fuente would take a very dim view. You may want to a gentle conversation with your shop owner and ask if they receive Opus from Fuente. You might also want to have their take on the Fuente "MAP pricing" as well. It might just lead to a considerable discount.

BTW - $30-35 is what retail price should be on a Opus X "A" size.
    Bingo....that's the question!!

2. Default

BTW - $30-35 is what retail price should be on a Opus X "A" size.
    Yeah I didn't pay $60.00. I paid retail.
    I posted this forum to get a taste of what others have paid, and also to see if anyone wanted them for cheaper, but apparently everyone here is hooked up

Thanks though. I was suggesting do some retailers sell lower than MAP. So if "X Manufacturer" sells to "Y Store Owner" for $5/Cigar, but they retail for $15/cigar...can Y sell them for $12?

For example, if you become a distributor of Sony TVs you can't sell the TV less than "X" amount of dollars, or Sony will find you and you.

If that makes sense.
    "It is what it is" ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSmoker1 View Post
    I posted this forum to get a taste of what others have paid, and also to see if anyone wanted them for cheaper, but apparently everyone here is hooked up

Thanks though. I was suggesting do some retailers sell lower than MAP. So if "X Manufacturer" sells to "Y Store Owner" for $5/Cigar, but they retail for $15/cigar...can Y sell them for $12?

For example, if you become a distributor of Sony TVs you can't sell the TV less than "X" amount of dollars, or Sony will find you and you.

If that makes sense.
    So basically you came here looking for some one that didn't know any better and sell them a $30 cigar for $60.

Everyone had been to kind to you but ill say what needs to be said. FUCK YOU DICK WAD
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    So basically you came here looking for some one that didn't know any better and sell them a $30 cigar for $60.

Everyone had been to kind to you but ill say what needs to be said. FUCK YOU DICK WAD
    I would have made $7 after shipping them for free. So I came here to offer what I thought was a more expensive cigar than $35.00. After finding out they were only that much, I have no intentions of selling them.
    You should also remain professional in your posts...lol

I stumbled upon a local shop, considering mostly all of their inventory is Arturo Fuente, they are selling these at a cheaper price. I know these are hard to find so I just wanted to let anyone here know that they are available ~$60

I am also looking for Padron 80th Anniversary Maduros if you have extras.

Thanks
    I would have made $7 after shipping them for free. So I came here to offer what I thought was a more expensive cigar than $35.00. After finding out they were only that much, I have no intentions of selling them.

If that makes sense.

My mistake i miss understood the $60 you were hinting at in your first post.

Sorry for calling you a Fucking Dick Wad
    I meant to say your a low life peace of shit scum sucking bottom feeder.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 07-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.

6. Default

My mistake i miss understood the $60 you were hinting at in your first post.

Sorry for calling you a Fucking Dick Wad
    Maybe if you could read, you would understand that previous to these responses, I looked online to compare prices and saw what I know now as inflated pricing. So to be honest I thought I would be making these cigars available cheaper than advertised.
    Anyway, do you have anything better to do than troll a Cigar forum? And by the look of your 1st grade English, you out to be smoking Swisher's at your local gas station.

CigarSmoker1 i apologize for my out burst i normally don't get so ticked when i see posts like yours.
    Something about your posts rubs me the wrong way but i should not resort to calling you names and expressing what i think of you in open forum.

Any feeling of mistrust i have toward you ill try and keep to my self.
    Sorry for the name calling and cussing i was out of line.

Blog Entries

CigarSmoker1 i apologize for my out burst i normally don't get so ticked when i see posts like yours.
    Something about your posts rubs me the wrong way but i should not resort to calling you names and expressing what i think of you in open forum.

Any feeling of mistrust i have toward you ill try and keep to my self.
    Sorry for the name calling and cussing i was out of line.
    Oh Mangy, why apologize to the latest troll?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Well now...

I guess we learned something about you - and you learned something about this community. See? There IS value in participating.

I should caution you, though (as you might have surmised) - most folks on this (and other cigars boards, for that matter) don't necessarily care too much for "gouging". As a matter of fact - that's one thing that will get you on the outside of the circle REAL quick...

Had you perhaps considered profiting on this cigars through eBay instead?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'm learning. If a pupil is considered a troll, then this is not a community of willing educators.

11. Default

Well now...

I guess we learned something about you - and you learned something about this community. See? There IS value in participating.

I should caution you, though (as you might have surmised) - most folks on this (and other cigars boards, for that matter) don't necessarily care too much for "gouging". As a matter of fact - that's one thing that will get you on the outside of the circle REAL quick...

Had you perhaps considered profiting on this cigars through eBay instead?
    Lol apparently these cigars aren't so rare, because I would gladly pay a premium for an item in high demand.

Anyway, you won't be hearing about any cigars for sale by this guy, nor will I use polls at the top of my thread, which surprisingly aggravates people for some reason.

I'm learning. If a pupil is considered a troll, then this is not a community of willing educators.

The poll? I get it - you did not know the difference. You were given information - which apparently rubbed you the wrong way. But learning always starts with a willing pupil. Sometimes the lessons are not as obvious, so you have to pay attention grasshopper.

13. Default

The poll? I get it - you did not know the difference. You were given information - which apparently rubbed you the wrong way. But learning always starts with a willing pupil. Sometimes the lessons are not as obvious, so you have to pay attention grasshopper.
    Very true.

14. Default

Interesting newbie. opasex A's are not rare where I live. Now if you have some Dantes or brown/green banded Fuentes then I will gladly pay a premium for those. Cigars currently being produced are not rare or hard to find in spite of what fucktards like Pepin or rocky patel think. 3 of the best cigar brands on the planet are easy to find,Fuente Padron ,Joya de Nicaragua
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Peace... good ole Gregg...

And by the look of your 1st grade English, you out to be smoking Swisher's at your local gas station.
    Mangy sure is a black kettle, isn't he?
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Interesting newbie. opasex A's are not rare where I live. Now if you have some Dantes or brown/green banded Fuentes then I will gladly pay a premium for those. Cigars currently being produced are not rare or hard to find in spite of what fucktards like Pepin or rocky patel think. 3 of the best cigar brands on the planet are easy to find,Fuente Padron ,Joya de Nicaragua
    Thanks for the info. Now I know I was corrected for using the words "Internet research" on this particular thread, but why do they say here "Most Expensive Cigars" that the Opus X A is one of the most expensive cigars?

Is it because they're
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    fucktards
    ?

Or is it because people like me believe it just because it has a professional looking website.

Or both.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Mangy sure is a black kettle, isn't he?
    Cough...cough...*ought

I did that on purpose

Blog Entries

Cough...cough...*ought

I did that on purpose
    Sure you did. How long do you plan on sticking around?

Uncle Tupelo

I apologized because i really dont want to lower my self to that level.

I was having such a nice day sweating to death outside in the sun all day working, came home fired up a JDN and a shot of bourbon then read his post.

I know his type and i want nothing to do with him.

Blog Entries

I apologized because i really dont want to lower my self to that level.

I was having such a nice day sweating to death outside in the sun all day working, came home fired up a JDN and a shot of bourbon then read his post.

I know his type and i want nothing to do with him.
    Right on. Still, you nailed it with your initial reaction, IMO.

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information