Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone interested in buying Opus X A 's w/Coffin?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I apologized because i really dont want to lower my self to that level.

I was having such a nice day sweating to death outside in the sun all day working, came home fired up a JDN and a shot of bourbon then read his post.

I know his type and i want nothing to do with him.
    Wow...Smoke a cigar and chill out dude
    "It is what it is" ~ George Washington

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Sure you did. How long do you plan on sticking around?
    For as long as I can deal with the initiation of this forum.
    Honestly I would like to continue learning/contributing.

I appreciate the "keeping me in check" responses, lol.

Blog Entries

Yawn.

CigarSmoker1 ... Where do I begin? You joined this forum and then just pooped out about four shit posts about shit you could have searched on here, or even googled. I'm not saying I'm opposed to new members joining this forum, because I too am new here, but don't be an idiotic right out of the gate. It may be too late, but might I recommend that you read and look around before you decide to keep making threads? If you had, you may have noticed that this board doesn't hate on new members who actually post introductions and don't stick their foot in their mouth.

My nooby two cents.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Cody44 View Post
    CigarSmoker1 ... Where do I begin? You joined this forum and then just pooped out about four shit posts about shit you could have searched on here, or even googled. I'm not saying I'm opposed to new members joining this forum, because I too am new here, but don't be an idiotic right out of the gate. It may be too late, but might I recommend that you read and look around before you decide to keep making threads? If you had, you may have noticed that this board doesn't hate on new members who actually post introductions and don't stick their foot in their mouth.

My nooby two cents.
    I'm still waiting for you to try to sell a cigar for twice what you paid for it before I react to your newbieness. So far your doing okay.

Blog Entries

I'm still new enough, I'll give it a shot. Anyone interested in a 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo? My local shop has a few @ $74 each. Just let me know. Shipping will be "free".

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I'm still new enough, I'll give it a shot. Anyone interested in a 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo? My local shop has a few @ $74 each. Just let me know. Shipping will be "free".
    I've got an Opus X A out of the coffin for $59.00

Let's do some business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSmoker1 View Post
    I've got an Opus X A out of the coffin for $59.00

Let's do some business.
    Straight up trade? With mine being $74 you would be the winner in this deal. I am for it.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Straight up trade? With mine being $74 you would be the winner in this deal. I am for it.
    They do have Vegas in them...they must be worth more than retail, approximately $50.

Or I might keep the A, bury it, then wait a year for my cigar tree to grow.

Lol apparently these cigars aren't so rare, because I would gladly pay a premium for an item in high demand.

Anyway, you won't be hearing about any cigars for sale by this guy, nor will I use polls at the top of my thread, which surprisingly aggravates people for some reason.
    I've been thinking on this post...

"I would gladly pay for an item in high demand".

A couple of thoughts...

There's an awful lot of product out there in "high demand". "high demand" does not necessarily mean it should command a high price. For example - $60 for a Opus X "A". No doubt a nice cigar, but definitely not worth $60 to me. I can only think of one reason why anyone would be willing to pay more than retail for it - and it has nothing to do with the pleasant experience of smoking it (HINT: it's really, really big). ...and I truly cannot even justify paying $30 for it, even though I know they're difficult to produce.

Perhaps i'm wrong, but you seem to be a person who "appreciates" quality (e.g. Opus X, Padron, etc.). I'm quite certain that intuitively you understand that high price due to high demand does not necessarily equate to high quality. By the same token typically high quality equates to high price. But - you rarely see anyone buying a Rolex Submariner for twice retail. That would by crazy... Errr.. I mean "eccentric".

...and any individual that would come into a community of watch afficianado's trying to sell a Submariner for twice retail would likely be sent packing.

Just sayin''

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I've been thinking on this post...

"I would gladly pay for an item in high demand".

A couple of thoughts...

There's an awful lot of product out there in "high demand". "high demand" does not necessarily mean it should command a high price. For example - $60 for a Opus X "A". No doubt a nice cigar, but definitely not worth $60 to me. I can only think of one reason why anyone would be willing to pay more than retail for it - and it has nothing to do with the pleasant experience of smoking it (HINT: it's really, really big). ...and I truly cannot even justify paying $30 for it, even though I know they're difficult to produce.

Perhaps i'm wrong, but you seem to be a person who "appreciates" quality (e.g. Opus X, Padron, etc.). I'm quite certain that intuitively you understand that high price due to high demand does not necessarily equate to high quality. By the same token typically high quality equates to high price. But - you rarely see anyone buying a Rolex Submariner for twice retail. That would by crazy... Errr.. I mean "eccentric".

...and any individual that would come into a community of watch afficianado's trying to sell a Submariner for twice retail would likely be sent packing.

Just sayin''
    Rarity does bring a higher price...I hope you understand that. Gold, diamonds, Opus X A's, Bugatti's. Simple macroeconomics. The lower the quantity and the higher the demand, the larger the S with two vertical lines through it becomes.

Rarity does bring a higher price...I hope you understand that. Gold, diamonds, Opus X A's, Bugatti's. Simple macroeconomics. The lower the quantity and the higher the demand, the larger the S with two vertical lines through it becomes.

Thanks for the basic economics lesson, Einstein. I'm sure your freshman Macro Economics instructor would be proud you remembered that lecture.

And my deepest appreciation again for the insight into who you are. Very helpful. I know it's beyond your conceptual limits, but I am hopeful that at some level you're appreciative of the "bug zapper's" in this community as there are certain assurances you won't be fleeced like the other sheep that think like you. If not - I believe you might find Puff.com more your speed.

13. Default

Thanks for the basic economics lesson, Einstein. I'm sure your freshman Macro Economics instructor would be proud you remembered that lecture.

And my deepest appreciation again for the insight into who you are. Very helpful. I know it's beyond your conceptual limits, but I am hopeful that at some level you're appreciative of the "bug zapper's" in this community as there are certain assurances you won't be fleeced like the other sheep that think like you. If not - I believe you might find Puff.com more your speed.
    Puff.com actually helps people out...why would I ask a question there?

Puff.com actually helps people out...why would I ask a question there?
    Oh - you're incredibly correct with that observation - there should be no doubt people at puff will "help" out!

So you mention "car forms" - where folks can ask questions and get answers without people jumping in and intervening. In your view - Would it be appropriate to for a member to post in an "oil change" thread that olive oil is the best oil to use - and that it's high mileage too? I should wait to see what your answer is first, before I further evaluate how lucid you are - but I assume you would say "of course not...". How would you recommend the membership approach that dilemma? Sick the "mods" on the person? Leave the post up but PM the poster and "correct" their misperception? ...or are you more about seeing how many "fools" will take his advice and burn up engines...

Your view of the reputation of this community is based upon the "feedback" you got from the faux pa's you created. From that perspective - I can see why you're angry and bitter. Your response is not what a respectable perso would do - you believe it instead best to drop your pants and moon the community...

I'm quite sure a number of folks here would tell me they saw you coming, but personally I am rapidly losing hope you're someone that would be a positive contributing member of this community...

Blog Entries

Red face

snip.......
    I'm quite sure a number of folks here would tell me they saw you coming, but personally I am rapidly losing hope you're someone that would be a positive contributing member of this community...
    All hope is lost my friend, and, it was pretty obvious from the start. Your eternal sense of optimism is most likely your most endearing quality. That and the mustache.

This, um, person, has exhibited all the traits that would immediately disqualify one for membership in a community of honorable people. Chief among these exhibited traits is dishonesty. Only strike I need.

Blog Entries

Rarity does bring a higher price...
    I would gladly pay a premium for an item in high demand.
    You should check this out, it is super rare (only 2 made)!
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

17. Default

I will take two of them!! P.M. sent

18. Default

Opus A for $60...No frikin way. Are you from Jersey? Think I know you.

Thread Information