View Poll Results: will aging cheap game cigarillos make them better, not do anything, or worse?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • make them taste better

0 0%
  • not do anything to the tase

0 0%
  • make them taste worse

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: can you age cheap gas station game 3 pack cigarillos?

1. Talking can you age cheap gas station game 3 pack cigarillos?

ok so i am new to this blog, and have been looking for an answer to this question for a long time. So in my humidor i have many nice and well aged cigars... one of them being a LaAura 107 limited edition and newly added is the LaAura Merlion, a pre-release that my local tobacco shop only allowed 1 per person. But with that aside, my LaAura 107 split due to too high humidity and i bought the game cigarillos to use the tobacco leaf used to wrap it to repair it, along side with some honey which did the trick. since i have 2 left over from the 3 pack and from past experience from smoking them i know they taste like crap. MY QUESTION IS: can you put them in a humidor, and age them like good quality cigars, and will they absorb the flavors and oils from the other cigars, and also will aging them make them be more enjoyable and tasty. I decided to try it out and they have been sitting in my humidor for 3-4 days now. tell me what you think and whats point of view on this experiment?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AznArmyboy View Post
    ok so i am new to this blog, and have been looking for an answer to this question for a long time. So in my humidor i have many nice and well aged cigars... one of them being a LaAura 107 limited edition and newly added is the LaAura Merlion, a pre-release that my local tobacco shop only allowed 1 per person. But with that aside, my LaAura 107 split due to too high humidity and i bought the game cigarillos to use the tobacco leaf used to wrap it to repair it, along side with some honey which did the trick. since i have 2 left over from the 3 pack and from past experience from smoking them i know they taste like crap. MY QUESTION IS: can you put them in a humidor, and age them like good quality cigars, and will they absorb the flavors and oils from the other cigars, and also will aging them make them be more enjoyable and tasty. I decided to try it out and they have been sitting in my humidor for 3-4 days now. tell me what you think and whats point of view on this experiment?
    It seems your shift key is broken, as well as your enter key.

Either way, if the gas-gars are not flavored, they probably won't do anything to the real cigars, and they (the gas-gars) will forever taste shitty.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Little known fact there Normy, but you should really treat those gas station cigarillos like kimchi. Bury them in an earthen pot and let them age that way. It really brings out the flavors.

Blog Entries

What is the deal with stupid polls lately? Doesn't this make two in two days?

Gas station cigars aren't worthy of discussion here aznArmyboy.

Geesh, please, somebody turn on the bug zapper.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yeah, let's stop with the dumb polls and get back to the "if you only had one cigar left to smoke and you only had three more days to live and you could only pick one island to live on and you were only able to smoke half of the cigar and you had to decide whether to light it fast with burning poop or slow with a solar oven, what cigar would it be and how would you light it?" kinds of questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

This isn't a blog.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post

Gas station cigars aren't worthy of discussion here aznArmyboy.

Geesh, please, somebody turn on the bug zapper.
    You are the bug zapper. That is why there are a total of five people who actively use this forum.
    "It is what it is" ~ George Washington

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSmoker1 View Post
    It would take a decade to get enough pictures from the 4 active members who use this site.
    You are the bug zapper. That is why there are a total of five people who actively use this forum.
    Which is it, four or five?
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Which is it, four or five?
    Four - five... Does it matter? ...you wanna run the numbers on a $7 profit from a cigar that retails for $30-35 that is being sold for $60 (including "free" shipping)?

If someone is not good at math, can one be confident of the numbers the person calculates?

Blog Entries

Ok. Youse other 3, or 4, guys can thank me later!

Which is it - quality or quantity?

I'm not fully sure what your deal is - but I'd much rather have "4 or 5" quality contributing members that i can trust, rather than a boatload of gougers, thieves and people that insist on calling something remotely smokeable a "cigar" and can't understand why I'd take offense.

Not to sound elitest, but the core membership of this board are of are people of good moral character. Probably why you're sensing there are only 4 or 5 is because there are a small vocal group within that core. All membership on this board "police" the community - you will find no other moderation. You're completely free to say what you want - at your own peril - without a mod banning you. We do have mechanisms in place to deal with the truly outrageous - I hope you don't test those limits...

So - bottom line - if this is not a fit for you, you're completely free to move elsewhere. If this seems to be what you're looking for - stick around and get a feel for the place. There's always room for one more person of good moral character.

12. Default

Even if someone asks a question that you do not think is worthy to be discussed then simply do not respond. I've been to many forums about (4 or 5 to be exact) and if there are threads started about oil changes on a car forum, people simply just turn the cheek. I am not saying there is no good information here, the reviews are excellent (that's how I found this community), but there is a lot of unhelpful responses that do nothing for the IPO (including this one).
    Also, if you can't take what you dish out...then go about it.
    "It is what it is" ~ George Washington

Blog Entries

Even if someone asks a question that you do not think is worthy to be discussed then simply do not respond. I've been to many forums about (4 or 5 to be exact) and if there are threads started about oil changes on a car forum, people simply just turn the cheek. I am not saying there is no good information here, the reviews are excellent (that's how I found this community), but there is a lot of unhelpful responses that do nothing for the IPO (including this one).
    Also, if you can't take what you dish out...then go about it.
    I actually lurked on several cigar forums before I decided this was the one I wanted to be involved with. They all seem to be fairly tough on newbers that try to forcibly insert themselves in the community. Especially when they haven't taken the time to learn anything about it. So far I have found this place to be a great bunch of dudes (and at least one great lady that I am aware of). You just need to gear down a little, take your time, and understand the "culture" of this board before you just throw yourself out there as you have.

Or you can keep doing what you are doing and continue catching the shit you are catching.

Or you can just go away.

Thread Information