Thread: Hello again...

Default Hello again...

I've been out of the loop in the forum for awhile now...I think the last time I was active was January. I was gearing up for a trip to see my Dad in the Philippines and right before I arrived he was hospitalized with CHF and diabetic renal failure. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of days after I arrived...alot of things seemed to fall by the wayside.

It's been almost 6 months now and the loss of someone so dear and the fear of your own mortality has softened a bit. The years of great memories seemed to have been overpowered by the last week of his life...that was tough to push out...the view of ICU nurses trying to bring your pops back a second time was traumatic. It isn't like the movies...it is much more violent than I could have imagined.

In the past couple of months, my cigar collection has really increased exponentially. Probably a subliminal response to Dad passing...who knows...just that any vestiges of buyers remorse I had are now totally non-existent. It's bled over to my single malt collection too...the one good thing is that my friends will never have to go to a B&M or a bar to get some good scotch. Life is too short...enjoy!

Formal Dining Room Humidor

Reading Room Humidor

Family Room Coffee Table Humidor

Family Room End Table Humidor #1

Family Room End Table Humidor #2

Office Humidor

Scotch/Whiskey/Bourbon Collection
    Last edited by AMGfan; 07-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Krikey!

Blog Entries

Thanks, I've always wondered what Scotch bottles and humidors would look like on the internet.

ETA: My sincere condolences on the loss of your Father.
    Last edited by ashauler; 07-11-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Hit submit to quickly

A bit has changed since you've been gone. Now, if you post a pic of more than two humidors, you have to send one of them to the 1st person who asks for it. I'll take that coffee table please. That's really cool.

All kidding aside, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

Oh, look - King Alexander!!!

...I've got some of that hooch.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Oh, look - King Alexander!!!

...I've got some of that hooch.

Good eye...it really is a smooth blend and I got it a decent price. That Mac 30 and Highland Park 40 are fantastic single malts. Another bottle that I bought that surprised me was the Jose Cuervo Black...it is aged in casks similar to scotch and really a different experience when you think of Jose Cuervo...plus relatively inexpensive to boot.

J

PS Thanks guys for your sentiments, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AMGfan View Post
    Good eye...it really is a smooth blend and I got it a decent price. That Mac 30 and Highland Park 40 are fantastic single malts. Another bottle that I bought that surprised me was the Jose Cuervo Black...it is aged in casks similar to scotch and really a different experience when you think of Jose Cuervo...plus relatively inexpensive to boot.

J

PS Thanks guys for your sentiments, too.
    If you liked the Jose Cuervo Black - try the Don Julio 70th. It's Anejo "Claro". Interesting stuff...

Blog Entries

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Welcome back. Nice collection, as usual.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Welcome back. Nice collection, as usual.
    JT...thanks for the welcome back. Just getting ready for golf tomorrow. I can't wait to light one up...

Thread Information