Thread: Big Problem

1. Default Big Problem

Hi im new to this forum and hobby and decided to get into to it so i went out and bought the whole thing humidor with digital hydrometer everything but without me noticing i seasoned it by accident with pg solution. Ive read up on it and it says ur humidity should be around 90% if you season it the solution problem is its not it was at a constant 70-74% rh. And idk if this is bad for the humidor i already have my smokes in there im not sure if this is goin to be bad for them and can someone please tell me if i ruined the humidor.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if I am reading this right or not, but 70-74% is much closer to what you want it to be. 90% would be way too high. Mid sixties is about what I shoot for.

3. Default

Ya, no probably the way i worded it when i seasoned by accident with pg solution others said the rh would shoot to 90% but it didnt for it stayed in a ideal range for my cigars i was wondering since i seasoned with the pg solution it would shoot to 90% but it hasnt.So im wondering whether nothing is wrong or something is wrong with the humidor and should i keep my cigars in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12 View Post
    Hi im new to this forum and hobby and decided to get into to it so i went out and bought the whole thing humidor with digital hydrometer everything but without me noticing i seasoned it by accident with pg solution. Ive read up on it and it says ur humidity should be around 90% if you season it the solution problem is its not it was at a constant 70-74% rh. And idk if this is bad for the humidor i already have my smokes in there im not sure if this is goin to be bad for them and can someone please tell me if i ruined the humidor.
    This is very difficult to read, but I will guess you probably didn't ruin your humidor.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Another humidor sold with an hydrometer? Although, at 90% humidity it just may work.

BTW I'd probably make sure your HYGROMETER is calibrated properly. Pretty unlikely you're really at 90% relative humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12 View Post
    Ya, no probably the way i worded it when i seasoned by accident with pg solution others said the rh would shoot to 90% but it didnt for it stayed in a ideal range for my cigars i was wondering since i seasoned with the pg solution it would shoot to 90% but it hasnt.So im wondering whether nothing is wrong or something is wrong with the humidor and should i keep my cigars in it.
    I, too, am having trouble trying to understand what you're saying/asking...

Blog Entries

Nothing is wrong

Thread Information