Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chemicals added to cigarettes

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    Well Opie....I do. I wish I could live forever.
    Think of what you could see.

THINK OF ALL THE CIGARS YOU COULD SMOKE IN ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!
    Think real hard about what you just said. The thought of living forever would drive me nuts. Life is already becoming boring. I couldn't stand another 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by opie
    Think real hard about what you just said. The thought of living forever would drive me nuts. Life is already becoming boring. I couldn't stand another 50 years.
    i'm sorry

Default I'm sorry too Opie....

but I can understand. I often discuss this with other folks and find that it's about a fifty-fifty split. Some would welcome living forever others not.

But I find life to be quite wonderful even though it has it's ups and downs. I would welcome the opportunity to live forever or at least several thousand years

I'm sorry that life has become boring for you. But there is so much to do and see in this world in my eyes. If I could live forever, eventually I wouldn't be bound to this planet! I could go out into the galaxy and beyond with civilization as it grows and explores. ( the theme from Star Trek begins to play in the background ) There would always be something new, something to learn and cigars to smoke!

Of course friends and family would have to be immortal too. It would suck a bit going on and on watching loved ones fade being replaced by others only to watch them fade too and so on and so on. But I think I could adjust. I think.
    Last edited by MMAB; 08-04-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Ahhhh.......... to live so long! If you were also given the gift of youth and good health to go with it, you could try any number of careers! You could learn and master so much! Wow! What a concept!

The problem with this is that for it to be meaningful, your loved ones would need to have the same gift. Otherwise, you would experience a great deal of loss and guilt.

You got it Kenyth. I had mentioned those conditions earlier too. It would suck to see all your friends and family die. I would like to have the physical body of about thirty years old. Not too young not too old. Top health ALWAYS both physically and mentally.

The heck with that, I've lived 38 years, and I find life interesting enough and varied that I could live ten times that number and never get bored!! Too many wimmen to meet, too many cigars to smoke, places to go, books to read, history in the making to see, and experiences to enjoy!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    The heck with that, I've lived 38 years, and I find life interesting enough and varied that I could live ten times that number and never get bored!! Too many wimmen to meet, too many cigars to smoke, places to go, books to read, history in the making to see, and experiences to enjoy!!

Been that age and had those exact thoughts. Want to know why you feel that way???
    Because you are not 70.
    Raced cars, jumped out of airplanes,skied down a mountain, Dived the Canyon in the Bahamas, made love to more women than I can remember, seen a sunset in Hiwaii, had 3 wives, 5 grand children, been poor, been middle income, been poor again, been to RTDA, smoked a Padron 1926, had a trophu wife, been to more Herf's than I can remember, what the hell else is there left to do???

Default Oh Opie....

There's an entire world out there.

I'm 27, and I think living for ever would be great too. But I really see what Opie is saying. He speaks great wisdom! I too wonder if I won't feel the same way when I am that old. At 27, I have led a full life. And I can just imagine what the next 25 years holds, let alone 50!!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Been that age and had those exact thoughts. Want to know why you feel that way???
    Because you are not 70.
    Raced cars, jumped out of airplanes,skied down a mountain, Dived the Canyon in the Bahamas, made love to more women than I can remember, seen a sunset in Hiwaii, had 3 wives, 5 grand children, been poor, been middle income, been poor again, been to RTDA, smoked a Padron 1926, had a trophu wife, been to more Herf's than I can remember, what the hell else is there left to do???

Well, I can think of a few hundred things but don't have the time to type them all.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

along with top health I would have to say you would need to be financialy secure, that way you'd be able to actually do everything there is to do.

Default Good point

sort of like the guy on Highlander the TV series. But I don't want people coming after me trying to cut my head off!

Hey, we've hijacked this thread!

In the moment before you die it will not make one iota of difference whether you are 19 or 999. ALL you have is the moment, you could have a plane fall on you when you walk out the door. A hundred years after you are gone there will be no trace of you on this earth!

Thread Information