Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: full boxes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The GPS lady says im lost
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Heh. I told Paddy in PM that it could be a hardware issue. (I had a similar issue with screen blanking on my computer and the cause was the fan on the video card causing a buildup of dust on the circuit board, which introduced spurious capacitance, which caused regular screen blackout once things warmed up, i.e., until reboot. A thorough vacuuming fixed that!)
    Vacuuming? hell i use my compressor set at 120psi if it blows resistors off the hardware its time to upgrade.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bitterville
    Posts
    7,152
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Vacuuming? hell i use my compressor set at 120psi if it blows resistors off the hardware its time to upgrade.
    This.

    You can really mess your computer up with the static electricity created using a vacuum. Or, like Oh Canada, you can be Mr. luckypants!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

    Uncle Tupelo

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    So don't walk around or move the computer or move the vacuum while cleaning - and don't wait until winter. All of the components are already mounted; I'm not saying to remove the card before vacuuming.

    ... and recall how we all won, yet the table beside us didn't - a pattern that was repeated elsewhere. Coincidence? ;-)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Up shit's creek
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    I'm going for new computer
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Heh. I told Paddy in PM that it could be a hardware issue. (I had a similar issue with screen blanking on my computer and the cause was the fan on the video card causing a buildup of dust on the circuit board, which introduced spurious capacitance, which caused regular screen blackout once things warmed up, i.e., until reboot. A thorough vacuuming fixed that!)
    Yeah, heat and electronics are not friends.

    I keep cans of compressed air handy at all times and try to blow out all my computers once every two weeks or so. For the video cards that have fans, I pay close attention to those as well as CPU and chipset fans. The most common cause of unexplained reboots is overheating.

    Vacuum's can be dangerous. Especially if it's metal on the end you're vacuuming with. Those bad boys have a tendancy to build up a static charge just from running too. I've used a vacuum but prefer compressed air (Costco sells it cheap if you're a member and near one). We have a little shop vac in my office which has plastic on the end which I've used at work. Just remember if you use a vacuum to never touch it to the motherboard or any other parts.

    No matter what you do, always keep a part of you (like your forearm) in contact with the actual case frame to ground you out and thus avoid any ESD that can fry motherboards in an instant.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    ***William Ernest Henley***

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Funds gone today, cigars arrived yesterday, all is well. Thanks Paddy!

  7. Default Cohiba Piramides

    My dad just got back from cuba with two boxes of these. I don't smoke and I don't want them to get ruined so they are looking for a happy home. I'm in Miami, FL but I will gladly ship them as well.

    krystle.rios@gmail.com

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystle531 View Post
    My dad just got back from cuba with two boxes of these. I don't smoke and I don't want them to get ruined so they are looking for a happy home. I'm in Miami, FL but I will gladly ship them as well.

    krystle.rios@gmail.com
    PM sent!!

    Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    PM sent!!
    LOL....you beat me to the punch Mark
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    ***William Ernest Henley***

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL....you beat me to the punch Mark
    Someone else must have beat me to them because I haven't gotten a response. I was going to share them with you Curt.

    Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Someone else must have beat me to them because I haven't gotten a response. I was going to share them with you Curt.
    No response!?!? Imagine that..........................


    LOL
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    ***William Ernest Henley***

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    1) Tatuaje Anarchy- full box of 15. These are from the original release purchsed on the first day of release at Smoke Inn. $100.00 Plus $8.00S&H
    I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I have nine of these cigars left. These cigars are the 2010 release, and I have aged them in the box with cello removed. I just checked the cigars and the smell is heavenly. $50US plus actual postage (shipping cost depends on if you want the box or not, how close you are to Ottawa, Canada, etc.). If you're American, then please note that there's always a chance that the cigars will be seized at the border, and you'll have to accept that risk.

    I reserve the right to give preference to folks that I've dealt with previously.

    As an aside, in case you're wondering about the other cigars that I bought from Paddy - last year I gave the JdN's and Old Henry's to an old friend who had fallen on hard times, and the Londres are going to a friend here in Ottawa. (I haven't stopped smoking, but I have cut down a lot.)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I have nine of these cigars left. These cigars are the 2010 release, and I have aged them in the box with cello removed. I just checked the cigars and the smell is heavenly. $50US plus actual postage (shipping cost depends on if you want the box or not, how close you are to Ottawa, Canada, etc.). If you're American, then please note that there's always a chance that the cigars will be seized at the border, and you'll have to accept that risk.

    I reserve the right to give preference to folks that I've dealt with previously.

    As an aside, in case you're wondering about the other cigars that I bought from Paddy - last year I gave the JdN's and Old Henry's to an old friend who had fallen on hard times, and the Londres are going to a friend here in Ottawa. (I haven't stopped smoking, but I have cut down a lot.)
    I would love to get those. I had one of these a few years ago and really liked it. I've been hesitant to try the new release.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I would love to get those. I had one of these a few years ago and really liked it. I've been hesitant to try the new release.
    Cool. Please PM me your address and I'll work out shipping options.
    Shipped w/DC LM 061 205 847 CA
    Last edited by craig; 10-11-2016 at 10:30 PM.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •