Thread: Found 1960's Cigars

1. Default Found 1960's Cigars

We just sold our old family house in New Hampshire, and, in the process of cleaning out its ancient and damp basement, I found three boxes of cigars of my deceased uncle which had been down there since we think the 1960s. 110 total cigars.

- DEXTER LONDRES traditional brown cigar box of 50 cigars, still new, shrink wrapped and unopened. It is also enclosed in Christmas wrapping which further protected it. I pulled one end of the Christmas paper loose just to see the label information.
    - DEXTER LONDRES traditional cigar box of 50. Its shrink wrap was removed and it was opened, It is almost full, but with five cigars missing. The 45 others are in there.
    - Dutch Master Panetelas "25 cigars in five packs", a thin Christmas box. Opened, with three remaining intact packs of five inside. Two of the five "five-packs' are gone.

I don't smoke cigars, I don't know how attractive these old brands might be, and I don't know if the dampness of the old deep cellar helped them - but I imagine it couldn't have hurt as they would not have dried out. I can tell you they were down there undisturbed for between 42 to 52 years, and they look quite OK. If these sound good to you, email kaz.oldcigars@spamex.com to discuss acquiring them.

2. Default

I will give you 30 $ for the unopened box of Dexters or 25 $ for the opened box. Since you are new here I and I have been here 8 years if you send your end first and the cigars are in smoke able condition I will promptly send you a money order for the cigars
    The older I get ,the better I was

42 to 52 year old mouldy cigars.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Dexter cigars were garbage back in the day, maybe even worse than those shitty Dutch Masters you have. They sold for five cents a piece in the 1960s, real low end crap cigars like White Owls, Dutch Masters, Phillies and Garcia y Vega aka "gas station cigars.

Kevin7 is offering you way too much for those Dexters, I wouldn't give you five bucks for everything you have listed.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-11-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz.oldcigars@spamex.com View Post
    It is also enclosed in Christmas wrapping which further protected it.
    Bullshit.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Bullshit.
    Yeah, further protects them from what, Santa Claus?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Underwear gnomes
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Impatient children. I'm concerned the cigars may have been rattled when the box was shaken.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Thread Information