Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computers

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Thanks for the "savvy" remark I prefer to refer to myself as "knows enough to be dangerous"

Anyway, got the new router today, and you're right, it didn't resolve the problem. Called Sony back, and in the end, they want to send it on an all expense paid trip for service.

I'm thinking I'll just return it for a refund, and try something else WITH a touch screen.
    LOL Will

I'm glad you're getting it figured out.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I just love windows 7.

6 months ago win 7 decided it no longer liked my old mouse "Logitech G5" so randomly its stopped working.
    After trying it in ever usb port I replaced the main board thinking it was the ports due to the mouse working fine on a back up sys.

Well after replacing the main board and still having the problem I picked up a cheap gaming mouse and problem fixed.

Now its time for Win 7 to take a dislike to my Microsoft gaming keyboard.

Same exact problem randomly disconnects with every usb port but works on the back up computer.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

What a saga...

Sony's tech support systems were down this weekend, and they said I'd have to call back on Tuesday to log the return. Ok, whatever.

So, in the meantime, lots of stuff came up for me, and wifey says "is there anything I can do to help" to which I reply "get this brick back to the factory for repair." Ok, she spends about 2 hours cumulative on the phone with them. Gets a ref. number for the case and they say "we have a deal with UPS, just take it to a UPS store."

She takes it to a UPS drop, no dice. Takes it to a UPS distribution center. No dice. I get the brick from her with a pissy "take this to the UPS store tomorrow" No biggie. I just wanted her to experience the frustration.

I go to the UPS store today with the brick, and they are going through the motions to send it back, and it's just not feeling right when the counter monkey says "what is the shipping address?" to which I reply "I don't know, I guess the return label?" Got a label made for $30, and I just didn't feel right...had lunch next door, and I said to my co-worker "this thing is going to timbukto...I have to get it back"

I cancel the order, and call Newegg who thought the whole incident was very weird that I had no RMA or return addy, which they prompty gave me.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow it'll get in the mail back to them.

Yeah. All this new shit is so "great" gimme analog everything.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I fixed my computer problems last night.

I went digging in the closet and found a few old keyboards I had, I tried 3 different ones and all worked fine.
    For some reason this system is picky on what mouse and keyboard I use.

I ended up using a Saitek keyboard that has no extra keys or programmable buttons and the same with the mouse just a cheap non programmable button mouse, that tells me it is software related to the drivers for programing the mouse and keyboard.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Mangy

My windows 7 machine decided it didn't like my recently purchased Razer Copperhead gaming mouse. It's working in one of my older PC's. I put my old Razer Diamondback in and it works just fine. Go figure. Oh, the Diamondback was in the machine the Copperhead is now in. *shrug*

Will

I about killed myself with your line about letting wifey experience the frustration. My woman always pushes those types of things off on me. It's good for them to experience it from time to time. I hope you get this resolved quickly and easily. Sucks when your PC isn't doing what it's supposed to!

Blog Entries

Well, I think the saga has finally ended for this laptop.

I won't bore anyone with the details, but there were a few more hurdles until they sent a replacement...which still didn't connect to wifi.

Anyway, today, while I was doing some plumbing, wifey spent some more time with tech support, and they got it all sorted out.

Doing some windows updates, and some software installs, and we should be good to go!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Well, I think the saga has finally ended for this laptop.

I won't bore anyone with the details, but there were a few more hurdles until they sent a replacement...which still didn't connect to wifi.

Anyway, today, while I was doing some plumbing, wifey spent some more time with tech support, and they got it all sorted out.

Doing some windows updates, and some software installs, and we should be good to go!
    That's good news!

I think both you and wifey deserve a good cigar for not going postal on anybody over this!

Thread Information