Thread: Let's swap some cigars around

Blog Entries

Default Let's swap some cigars around

We haven't had a cigar pass on the board in quite some time. I reckon it's time we did.

For those who are not familiar with the concept, below are the basics (and I mean basics):
    1. I (the host) put together a selection of cigars. For this pass, both cuban and NC cigars will be included. The price range of the cigars will be predominantly $6-$10 / stick, with a smattering of sticks above and below that range. We'll start with somewhere between 20 - 50 cigars.

2. The host sets up participation rules, i.e. length of membership; post count; completion of successful trades; being vouched for by a senior member; etc......for this one I'm thinking we'll require membership before July 1, 2012 and a post count of at least 20. Of course, no asshats will be allowed.

3. Once we get the participant list set up, and the starting line-up of cigars set, the host determines the "pass order". This is usually done to make the mailing times the most efficient and least costly for the members.

4. The host sends the package to the first trader. When the package arrives, each trader inspects the cigars and packaging....posts up any issues whether it be damaged/missing cigars, missing pass list, whatever. We resolve the issues as we go.

5. Each trader proposes trades from his stash for cigars from the package and posts them in the pass thread. Trades should be $ / $ and rarity / rarity......it is also common for trades involving isom's to be isom/isom. (There will be much more discussion surrounding trading in the actual pass thread.)

6. The proposed trades are discussed, and once "approved", the package is re-packed including the newly traded cigars and sent off to the next participant. The last stop is back to the host.

I'm thinking we could kick this off the week of September 20. If you're interested in participating, post up in this thread. There will be much more discussion on the actual practice of doing this....etiquette/inspection/packaging/pricing....etc, before the pass actually starts, so don't worry about that.

I'm in!

Blog Entries

In.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

In as well.

Blog Entries

In with gin.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

I'm down!
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Default Cigar swap

Sounds like fun, I'll have to keep an eye out for this when I get past the newbie stage.
    Have fun and I look forward to seeing what smokes are involved in the swap.

Don
    "I am a soldier I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" - Gen. George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Count me in.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Some things have come up for me that will not allow this pass to go forward as planned. Perhaps we can get it started at a later date, or another senior member could step up and run one.

My apologies.

Thread Information