Thread: Help with ST Dupont lighter

1. Default Help with ST Dupont lighter

Hello,

I have this Dupont lighter and I need help to identify it. I searched on the internet for its serial and nothing. Also I don't have a Dupont vendor in my country to ask him for advice. Can anyone help me ? It looks like its gold plated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	9355 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	3127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	760 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	3128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104.jpg 
Views:	680 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	3129  

2. Default

I think that I found your model on Ebay. It's called a Vintage S.T. Dupont Ligne 2 Gold & Black Chinese Lacquer Lighter.

You can find the post here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-S-T-...item20cb0de3c8

Good luck!

3. Default

I think that I found your lighter. It's a Dupont en laque de Chine, Dupont lighter in black China lacquer, and it's actually quite the collectible. You can see one here for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dupont-laque...item337bf48114

Hope that helps!
    cigarcuttersworld.com

Looks pretty fake, the way it's chipping and the way the serial numbers are stamped.

Just my opinion, I have a lot of experience with real and fake duponts and have worked with a few DuPont reps.

But from a computer screen away. I'm not 100% positive

Quote Originally Posted by MikePach View Post
    Looks pretty fake, the way it's chipping and the way the serial numbers are stamped.

Just my opinion, I have a lot of experience with real and fake duponts and have worked with a few DuPont reps.

But from a computer screen away. I'm not 100% positive
    Thanks for your expertise.

I believe you may have noticed tiberlu only made the one post 7 months ago, followed by comments by 2 variations of user cigarcut who had similar zeniths.

And - I believe you also recognized what others on our board did. A few poor photos will not lead to a conclusive opinion about the lighters authenticity.

Nope - I suspect you're not going to see our friends again and I believe they could care less about our opinions.

Hang around, though. We have folks stop in from time to time looking for us to do authenticity and value checks on DuPont lighters.

Thread Information