Thread: Any cigar shops in Canada allow smoking inside?

1. Default Any cigar shops in Canada allow smoking inside?

Im just wondering how bad it is for cigar smokers in Canada. I never been to any cigar stores in Canada so I dont know what its like. I hear a lot of scare tactics about how bad it is to be a cigar smoker in Canada and all the restrictions on cigars and in cigar shops. And that you cant see the cigars or smoke the cigars or mail order cigars or have cigar events and all that stuff. I was thinking if any of that was true or mostly just an exaggeration. Whats it like compared to the United States? Is it any better or worse and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkohollokaust View Post
    Im just wondering how bad it is for cigar smokers in Canada. I never been to any cigar stores in Canada so I dont know what its like. I hear a lot of scare tactics about how bad it is to be a cigar smoker in Canada and all the restrictions on cigars and in cigar shops. And that you cant see the cigars or smoke the cigars or mail order cigars or have cigar events and all that stuff. I was thinking if any of that was true or mostly just an exaggeration. Whats it like compared to the United States? Is it any better or worse and why?
    Hi and welcome to the board from Alberta.

Where in Canada are you located? Or, if you're not a Canadian, where in Canada are you travelling to?

Smoking indoors is no longer allowed anywhere in Canada to the best of my knowledge. That's not to say it doesn't happen in the backrooms of some tobacconists but I expect you'd have to get to know the owner well before you'd be allowed.

As to hiding the cigars/cigarettes, yep, in convenience stores and the like that is true. But in a tobacconist shop, it's not. You can look through the front window of my favorite B&M and see cigars, the walk-in humidor and pipe tobacco easily. Oh, and they regularly have events too. It's about a 2 hour drive from where I live to the big city and my favorite B&M so I don't attend many, but I did get introduce to the Camacho line at an even there a year or two back.

I know for a fact (thank you google that there are quite a few mail order cigar places in Canada so I suspect that's not illegal.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information