Thread: A. Fuente

Default A. Fuente

I think i am the only person that doesn't like fuente cigars, i've tried either 3 or 4 and didn't really like any of them, the old one my friend gave to me a while back ago i attempted to smoke earlier, and just threw it out after about an inch into it. So i'm wondering if i should ever try an opus x or forbidden x.

I am not a big fan of AF..... but I do like the Don Carlos.... try a #4

i tried a montesino around christmas, when i was just starting cigars, i liked it, but who knows if i would now. Fuente does make montesino right?

Blog Entries

Uh, lemme see, uh oh well, I just better face the music now.

A while back, I was one who used to regularly say "Fuente products are OVERRATED, OVERPRICED, ......."

The first few Opus X I smoked I thought were horrible, they burned crooked, etc, were way too expensive and ridiculously hard to obtain from your local cigar shop and when I did, they wanted well above MSRP for them

I was extremely unimpressed with the first few Añejos I smoked.

BUT I have to admit I have changed my mind.

I found that through my experiences on various cigar boards, I was able to find many shops and BOTL's who had access to these cigars for MSRP and I received a few as gifts. So I started smoking more of them. The more I smoked them, the more I liked them. One problem is that many cigar shops store their cigars too wet and Opus X cigars will have lots of burn problems when they are too wet. I've learned now to let them sit in my humi at 60% RH for a while and now they smoke fine

I'm still not too impressed with WOAM's or Hemmingway maduros but I LOVE :

Opus X (any size)
    Añejo (any size)
    Diamond Crown Maximus (any size)

The lower end Fuentes don't do much for me nor do the regular Diamond Crowns or the Don Carlos but again, I feel that the higher end Fuentes are well worth the money.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

is opus a completely diff taste than the other fuentes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    is opus a completely diff taste than the other fuentes?
    YES!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

well it's good to see i'm not the only one that isn't fond of some fuente products

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    The first few Opus X I smoked I thought were horrible, they burned crooked, etc, were way too expensive and ridiculously hard to obtain from your local cigar shop and when I did, they wanted well above MSRP for them

..The more I smoked them, the more I liked them.
    I'm pleased to hear this as I have only had one OpusX , which I had tried when I first began to exploring more full bodied cigars (I am still very much a novice when it comes to full bodied smokes). I had a terrible experience with it and was rather suprized that there was so much incredible hype sorrounding an, at the time, unsatisfying cigar. There is still hope for me and I may actually be able to experience and enjoy this cigar. Thanks for the advice, maybe some day my income will permit me to experiment and grow.

I have only tried two AF's the Conones Maduro and the Curly Head Deluxe Maduro. I enjoyed both very much but I did not find the natural to be as good as the maduro. I have always wanted to try the Hemingway and RBTL but never cared much for the price tag on them. Based upon these reviews I may consider steering clear of these since it seems that cheaper alternatives of similiar or better quality may be a better option.
    Last edited by entheomation; 07-02-2005 at 09:20 AM.

9. Default

I'll repeat again, the high end AF line is not to my liking. The SG Chateau, SG Double Chateau, and the SG Belicosos are one of the best buys in cigars period.

Blog Entries

OH, I forgot about the SG's. I'm not a fan of those AND I also don't like the Ashton VSGs which are very popular.

The high end Fuente cigars are extremely well constructed and have a nice firm, Cuban style draw.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    OH, I forgot about the SG's. I'm not a fan of those AND I also don't like the Ashton VSGs which are very popular.

The high end Fuente cigars are extremely well constructed and have a nice firm, Cuban style draw.

Damn...I was going to load up your pass with Sun Growns.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Damn...I was going to load up your pass with Sun Growns.
    Go ahead Sarge. I'll be sure they don't make it back to Bill.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

13. Default

I am not a big fan of AF cigars wither. BUT, I do make the exception for Opus X's. You should definitly try them before giving up on AF's all together.....
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I know, dumb question, but with the Opus X, is the X said as the letter X, or is it the number 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Krautle87
    I know, dumb question, but with the Opus X, is the X said as the letter X, or is it the number 10?
    "X" , as in the letter.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    I am not a big fan of AF cigars wither. BUT, I do make the exception for Opus X's. You should definitly try them before giving up on AF's all together.....
    Have you sampled the AF Anejo line, Island?

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Blog Entries

AF Anejo-- been looking for the "Shark" and that badboy is avoiding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    Have you sampled the AF Anejo line, Island?
    i'd like to give one or two fo those a try if anybody has a couple to part with. I could trade something for it, or pay.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    I'll repeat again, the high end AF line is not to my liking. The SG Chateau, SG Double Chateau, and the SG Belicosos are one of the best buys in cigars period.

I am a big fan of the Double Chateaus as well, but haven't found any other AF's that I like.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

i had the pleasure of having a Shark last sunday. amazing cigar, if you can find one, give it a try.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information