Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I am embarassed to admit that I had one of those (actually a Pontiac Astre). What an awful car.

Hope to see you at QSH. It would be nice for another Canadian to be there (even if you are a Cape Brettoner :-).
    LMAO! Yes, they were horrible pieces of garbage. The engines were pretty much no good at 40,000, they ran like crap, rotted out incredibly fast and I'm just gettin' warmed up! I never rode in one and none of my personal friends or family ever owned one which is kind of surprising because that was my "era" of cars when I was young and GM sold a ton of those piles of $hit. At least the Astres starting using a decent Pontiac 2.5 liter engine but only in the last year, 1977.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-20-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    I'm in as well.
    Good morning Dan, I just wanted to let you know that your payment arrived. Good to go brother, enjoy your day.......

Awesome. I'm looking forward to it Charlie.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Charlie,

Mark me down. I'll let you know in the future if I have any guests coming with me.

Will
    Good morning Will,
    Just wanted to let you know that your check arrived yesterday, good to go......
    Charlie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stogieman View Post
    Good morning Will,
    Just wanted to let you know that your check arrived yesterday, good to go......
    Charlie
    Cool, can't wait to over-eat!!!!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thumbs up

Morning all, we are 6 weeks out, let's get those payments in everyone that hasn't sent them yet. That'll be one less thing to worry about as we get closer to the actual day.........

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    In, camping as usual, although Jeff and I were thinking last year it would be nice to get enough people together to get one of those cabins ...
    Good morning Craig, just wanted to let you know that your payment arrived and all is good. See you soon brother......

Jamie, haul your as out to NY for this. I don't want to be left alone with Will. TIA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoeCizlak View Post
    Jamie, haul your as out to NY for this. I don't want to be left alone with Will. TIA.
    Sorry man, can't make it. Team up with craig, he has experience handling Will. Wait.

Blog Entries

giggity

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Ummm, errr... I leave all the Will-handling to Irish79. He is very experienced.

I just do ticket purchasing, but after two years ago, nobody wants to split tickets with me...

Thumbs up

3 weeks from today, I'll be busy putting the "goodie bags" together and ensuring those last minute things get done. S/BOTL will be arriving at Round Pond that will camp out for the weekend along with Sean and his crew from Big Guns BBQ. Others will be flying in to stay in hotels and the rest of you will be driving up to the Hudson Valley. Can you tell I'm getting excited already and I hope everyone else is as well. I'll update the "Guest & Sponsor" list shortly as it hasn't changed much. Enjoy the weekend everyone and see you all soon.......

Blog Entries

Blech. Sorry, I won't be able to make it. :-(

Blog Entries

What????

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Yeah, the car has some issues so I don't want to rely on it (Mechanic says, "not worth fixing it ($4500), just keep driving it until it dies"). I was going to rent a car but the mileage charge for going that far into the USA is ridiculous. Amtrak actually runs from Montreal to Croton (about a $50 cab fare to West Point), but then I would have to leave super-early Friday and Sunday or Monday morning (not to mention hauling camping stuff on the train). After spending hours today trying to figure it out and realizing that I would have to work on a project all day that Friday and Monday, I gave up.

No rush on the Padron's - we'll figure something out.

Blog Entries

Bummer. Now I'll be left alone with Clint and Dan.

Uncle Tupelo

Unhappy

Well, that sucks Craig. We were looking forward to you as always in winning big time in the raffles. Hope your car problems don't get you down.......

Well Jamie, now that Craig is out as the designated Will-handler, I expect you to step up in a big way here. Also, a couple from El Dorado bought our house, as soon as I get their names I'll need a complete rundown on them.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, El Dorado....home of smelly oil refineries, and a fairly nice lake.

No worries, I forgot about Dan....his gloves are molded to fit.

Thumbs up

Got a lot done yesterday in support of the event. Squared away the logistical stuff at Round Pond: Tents, tables, chairs, super cookers, required electrical power, etc. Also coordinated the beer delivery along with the soda & water as well as wine and other liquid beverages. Cigars are arriving and making last minute reminders to vendors that were at IPCPR that the event is a week away. Not sure about you all but I'm getting excited as the annual event is fast approaching. Enjoy the weekend all and I'll see you in 7 days if not sooner.......

Thread Information