Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wounded Warrior Event - Quad State Herf 8 - Saturday, July 27th......

Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River

Thumbs up

Well S/BOTL, we are one (1) day from our annual event, yeah baby! First, I want to thank all of the sponsors that supported this great "Cause" and all of you great folks that helped out as well. With you all, none of this would happen. Thanks to all my friends that are coming to support tomorrow, we know it's gonna be a blast. I do wish you all safe travels and clear skies.

In reference to tomorrow, we have plenty of chairs as we'll have 80 folding ones along with ten (10) 8' folding tables and all of the picnic tables as well. If you have a favorite tailgate folding chair, by all means bring it. Just as last year, we have 2 additional tents being erected adjacent to the pavilion. One of them is a 20' x 23' and the other a 20' x 20'. If you prefer your own erected as some do, go for it as there's plenty of room for all.

Food wise, I met with Sean yesterday from Big Guns BBQ and the menu is off the charts. If anyone goes home hungry, you weren't at our event (that's all I'm gonna say). I do regret to say, Rita's Ice will not be making it this year as they had things come up.

We'll have plenty of soda & water as well as beer, wine and hard liquor for those that prefer it. I do want to let everyone know that you can always bring your own and or have a reserve stored away (wink).

Today will be a busy one making the goodie bags, finalizing all of the raffle items and such. So as I always try to say, think outside of the box and I'll see you all tomorrow.........

Thumbs up

The day has finally come, wooooo hoooooo......
    The weather looks to be spot on, according to NOAA it'll be "Sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning."
    I'm sure that we may have forgotten something, that's just human nature. We tried to think outside of the box or as I like to say, I use this head for more than a hat rack, LOL.
    The only thing I want to tell folks is that the phone service at Round Pond is not so good in spots, Texting is the best way to communicate by far. Safe travels everyone and we'll see you soon.......

Blog Entries

Hope you all have/had a great time! Wish I was there - but I will be there next year!

Blog Entries

I think the winnings were a bit less lopsided this time.

ETA: Thanks to much, Charlie (& crew) for yet another great event. Nice to see familiar faces, and some new ones this year!
    Last edited by badwhale; 07-28-2013 at 03:25 AM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Will and Dan, it was great meeting you guys. Will, you have a beautiful family. You're very blessed bud. That event is simply out of this world, I highly recommend getting to it. Charlie does and outstanding job with everything and it shows. I hope to make this event a habit and hopefully some of you guys can make it out next year.

Thumbs up

Thank you all from Beth and I, it truly was an amazing day. The weather was perfect, the beer, booze, BBQ and of course the cigars were all to notch. It was great to see everyone and I'm glad to hear that all made it home safe and sound. There's no way that we can top it next year, we'll simply have to replicate it some how. We did a final count yesterday and after everything, we raised well over 18K, yeah baby........

Until the next, thank you all again.

Clint - It was great meeting you as well.

Charlie - Another great event. Perfect weather, plentiful food & drink, great smokes, and awesome people. Is it too early to RSVP for next year?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Clint - It was great meeting you as well.

Charlie - Another great event. Perfect weather, plentiful food & drink, great smokes, and awesome people. Is it too early to RSVP for next year?
    Not at all brother, glad that you had a great time and hopefully next year will be as successful as this one was........

Blog Entries

Of course you can top it next year - I wasn't there this year ;-).

Where's the pictures? Hope everyone had an excellent time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Where's the pictures? Hope everyone had an excellent time.
    I didn't take any while there. Was having too much fun smoking Padron Magnums

I guess I can jack some of Clint & Gary's pics...pending...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information