Thread: Churchwarden?

I am currently on deployment, so I live on my ship, DDG 86 USS Shoup

Default Churchwarden?

Anyone here smoke a churchwarden at all? In 8 years of smoking pipes, I still have never tried one out, but recently have been tempted to buy one, even if "just to have one" for the collection...

Anyone here have one or smoked one before? How does it compare to traditional length pipes? Is the smoke just cooler? If so is it REALLY noticably cooler, or just a little bit? What are your thoughts on churchwardens in general?

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Churchwarden pipes are nice. I enjoy mine. Yes they smoke cooler and the draft on them is nice. I enjoy smoking mine frequently. I think the smoke is noticeably cooler IMHO .
    Just another day at the office!

Hmm... I may have to really look more into getting one once I am back from deployment. I dont feel like its something I could bring myself to use outside of the comfort of my own home haha, I would get too many odd looks Do you smoke yours in public at all? I feel like all I would get is "look at that guy and his lord of the rings pipe" ha.

Blog Entries

I don't smoke much in public because I don't have many friends that smoke. I smoke for my enjoyment, but I like to smoke with others when I can.

Ah, yea i'm more of one where I have a pipe on me just about at all times, and light a bowl whenever I feel like it Not many friends that smoke pipes or cigars, but they all enjoy the smell ha, always asking me to waft some there way

Blog Entries

Ahhhhh yes the charming allure of pipe smoke.... That's what got me interested in smoking pipe. Memories of my brother in law smoking his when I was young. I loved it!

Thats what got me started too, my grandfather and his neighbor were always smoking pipes together and I always loved the smell so much that I started smoking a pipe as soon as I could. Still love the smell, altho I am so used to it I dont notice it as much any more.

Thread Information