Thread: Tar Balls.....

Default Tar Balls.....

Why did I have tar balls on my Nica Libre after about half the stick? It was ROTT, so I believe that may have something to do with it. Just not sure if it was that or high humidity,smoked too fast?? Thanks for all the replies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tar balls on Nica Libre Torpedo.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	3287

2. Default

Try clipping it a little more,the smaller the hole the more concentrated the smoke is gonna be .
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Try clipping it a little more,the smaller the hole the more concentrated the smoke is gonna be .
    Still not quite sure on clipping these crazy torpedos. Thanks I will try that and see.

4. Default

Its all trial and error and personal preference. I clip mine wide open but be careful you dont unravel it but if you do you can wet the underside of the unraveled leaf and press it back down. (spit)LOL

Where in Indiana are you at? I grew up in Logansport 30 yrs ago
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Tar buildup is just about always caused by not cutting enough off the end of your cigar. I have yet to see a case where it was anything other than an improper cut that caused this.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Its all trial and error and personal preference. I clip mine wide open but be careful you dont unravel it but if you do you can wet the underside of the unraveled leaf and press it back down. (spit)LOL

Where in Indiana are you at? I grew up in Logansport 30 yrs ago
    I am West/Central, by Terre Haute..

Thread Information