Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Buy Your Cigars?

Default Where Do You Buy Your Cigars?

I thought this thread would be good for us to share our information about where we like to buy our favorite cigars and help prevent people from using bogus websites. I went to the cigar store part of the forum to see if a thread like this already exists but all I really saw was spammed threads from people who own different websites and stores. Also I am new to the forum, just stabilized my humidor, and now looking to fill it up.

So I ask, Where do you buy your cigars?

Quote Originally Posted by jmontz View Post
    I thought this thread would be good for us to share our information about where we like to buy our favorite cigars and help prevent people from using bogus websites. I went to the cigar store part of the forum to see if a thread like this already exists but all I really saw was spammed threads from people who own different websites and stores. Also I am new to the forum, just stabilized my humidor, and now looking to fill it up.

So I ask, Where do you buy your cigars?
    I wouldn't put any value into anything that's posted in answer to your question. Bottom line - i don't expect you to understand, but much like politics and religion it's best not to openly discuss sources of cigars on this forum.

Now watch - someone with a low post count will prove why it's not good to openly discuss cigar sources.

Blog Entries

George is my source for well aged Black n Milds.

I thought you could only buy cigars at gas stations and liquor stores. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I wouldn't put any value into anything that's posted in answer to your question. Bottom line - i don't expect you to understand, but much like politics and religion it's best not to openly discuss sources of cigars on this forum.

Now watch - someone with a low post count will prove why it's not good to openly discuss cigar sources.
    yea i think kingbeefy proved your point lol, but really? like politics and religion? People get offended when you ask them where they get there cigars from? You're right i don't understand, that really blows my mind. To me thats like people not openly discussing where they buy their sneakers or coffee from.

Would you mind just letting me know if you've ever heard of cigarsinternational.com or mikescigars.com and if they're reliable sources?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    I thought you could only buy cigars at gas stations and liquor stores. Am I missing something here?
    You must have a humidor filled with black and milds and dutches.

Blog Entries

yea i think kingbeefy proved your point lol, but really? like politics and religion? People get offended when you ask them where they get there cigars from? You're right i don't understand, that really blows my mind. To me thats like people not openly discussing where they buy their sneakers or coffee from.

Would you mind just letting me know if you've ever heard of cigarsinternational.com or mikescigars.com and if they're reliable sources?
    Welp, I do have a low post count.

CI is fine, I've never bought from Mike's but I have certainly browsed the site a time or two and there are several others like them. In the great world of cigars I am still a newb, but it seems to me that the best "sources" is a fringe benefit of the relationships you build with fellow cigar lovers. That takes time and effort and isn't something anyone can just give you. Find a place where you fit it, begin contributing, and build some relationships.

That is my low post count, newbie advice.

KB

Ummm. Yes. it is akin to discussing religion and politics. You'll find most tenured members will not respond, while the thread will be filled with responses from those with post counts of less than 50. Ask yourself - Why is that? (HINT: There will be folks who enthusiastically endorse a cigar site - while others will tell you the place sucks - all the while the tenured members sit back and chuckle).

I did not expect you would understand - you really need to experience it to grasp the concept...

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Welp, I do have a low post count.

CI is fine, I've never bought from Mike's but I have certainly browsed the site a time or two and there are several others like them. In the great world of cigars I am still a newb, but it seems to me that the best "sources" is a fringe benefit of the relationships you build with fellow cigar lovers. That takes time and effort and isn't something anyone can just give you. Find a place where you fit it, begin contributing, and build some relationships.

That is my low post count, newbie advice.

KB
    Beefy - you have more than 50 posts and enough sense to understand where I'm coming from without a detailed explanation...

CI has its pros and cons - but have you tried Walgreens? Their A&C Grenadiers are to die for!

10. Default

Like Old Milwaukee ,It dont get much better than this

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...ts?cm_vc=10572
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Swisher Sweets Cigarillo in Grape is pleasing to both experienced aficionados and smokers who are just beginning to explore the intricacies of cigars. Sweet grape flavoring pairs perfectly with the flavor profiles of the four-nation blend of tobaccos used in the construction of these cigarillos. Available in boxes of 60.
    I took a minute to try and bold the most hysterical part of this marketing pitch, but just couldn't narrow it down.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I took a minute to try and bold the most hysterical part of this marketing pitch, but just couldn't narrow it down.
    That's what hooked me unfortunately. I'm so weak.

Blog Entries

Comments about SWISHER SWEETS GRAPE NATURAL CIGARILLO:

I like the small cigar for everyday use, i also smoke victor Sinclair for a longer enjoyable smoke around the camp fire with a good scotch
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Comments about SWISHER SWEETS GRAPE NATURAL CIGARILLO:

I like the small cigar for everyday use, i also smoke victor Sinclair for a longer enjoyable smoke around the camp fire with a good scotch
    Blasphemy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Blasphemy!
    It's probably safe to assume his definition of "good" cigars and "good" scotch are one in the same.

Blog Entries

George your back from vacation....great now I can stop being good. I think the thread would get a lot better flow if you asked where should you not buy cigars. I would open this up to CC. cinda takes the spoon out of the pot and hangs it on the wall.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Jeez, I don't know which I'd rather screw up my good scotch with - the Swisher or the Victor Sinclair -both are quite capable (I smoked a whole V. Sinclair sampler from our favorite vendor, Thompson's, last summer before I was active here. Very memorable, as you might imagine.)
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Blog Entries

I buy my cigars from my local shops, The Tobacco Shop in Hartford, CT, The Owl Shop in New Haven, CT, Butthead's Tobacco Emporium, Danbury, CT, the Cigar Inn (two convenient locations in Manhattan, 2nd Ave. & 54th St. and 1st Ave. and 70th St.), Butts Tobacco Store, Sydney, NS, Sobeys Smoke Shop, Sydney, NS.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I get my favorite cigars form a guy in Miami who owns a rowboat and makes weekly trips home 90 miles south.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I get my favorite cigars form a guy in Miami who owns a rowboat and makes weekly trips home 90 miles south.
    Where were those cigars last year? Suddenly, I feel cheated.

Thread Information