Thread: It's golf season. What ball do you play?

Default It's golf season. What ball do you play?

My choice is the Taylor Made Lethal. Best and most durable players ball I have found. YRMV.

What are you using?

BTW - Shot 70, 2 under today. Went out to focus on shots, hit 14 greens, 11 fairways, and had 30 putts. Coming together nicely this spring.
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-25-2013 at 10:37 PM.

2. Default

I get my balls from the local putt putt course
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I get my balls from the local putt putt course
    com'on Kevin...everyone knows the best ones are at the bottom of the pond that you retrieve with your trusty ball fetcher. I have a whole dufflebag full from varsity golf at the local country club!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

One time I was playing a par five with a pond in front of the green. I was right at the pond on what was probably my ninth shot on the hole when an older guy drives up in a golf cart. He's wearing a wet suit, gets out, waves as he walks past my friend and me, puts a diving mask on, a snorkel in his mouth, and dives right in. Damndest thing I've ever seen on a golf course. True story.

As for the balls I always just get a big bag of used ones. My average score is in the lower 100's and I lose 10-15 balls on every round I play. It's fun as hell, I just cannot get the hang of it.

The tall grass and trees seem to attract my balls. Might have to try another brand:) I buy all my balls refurbished through knettgolf

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    One time I was playing a par five with a pond in front of the green. I was right at the pond on what was probably my ninth shot on the hole when an older guy drives up in a golf cart. He's wearing a wet suit, gets out, waves as he walks past my friend and me, puts a diving mask on, a snorkel in his mouth, and dives right in. Damndest thing I've ever seen on a golf course. True story.

As for the balls I always just get a big bag of used ones. My average score is in the lower 100's and I lose 10-15 balls on every round I play. It's fun as hell, I just cannot get the hang of it.
    Don't sweat it... A guy I know who claims to be a great golfer once said,

The best 9 holes I ever played, I was fryin' on Acid. Peace my friends.
    I have to think that was a train wreck of a game.. LOL

Blog Entries

Callaway HX Diablo Tour are the ones I use, far better than those Taylor Made Lethals you're using ggiese, those are for amateurs.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Typically I use Callaway Warbirds. Lately, I've been using ProV1's that were given to me. I like them, but can't tell enough of a difference to justify the cost.

Nice round btw ggiese.

Blog Entries

Can't think of the name right now as I don't get the opportunity to get my balls out nearly as often as I used to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    can't think of the name right now as i don't get the opportunity to get my balls out nearly as often as i used to.
    lol

Blog Entries

Looks like ilikefishes needs a name change to ilikeggiese.

Sadly, I think my game requires a lot more work before I even think about which ball I should be playing. I only get out about 4-5 times a season and use whatever ball is buried in my bag.

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

14. Default

Titleist Pro V1x
    Last edited by gogotron; 08-14-2013 at 04:25 AM.

15. Default

Pro V1s here also, been playing them for years. Im about an 8 hdcp and I like the mix of softness and flight on these but more than anything its personal and mental.

Callaway Diablo. I'm basically a 90s guy ergo I spray (and I'm not talking about recycled beer). They're low spin and that helps. Not great with touch, but not bad especially at $20/dozen.

17. Default

Used the same ones for years...Never saw the need to purchase. They were made exclusively for me. No brand name but they are killer. Hole in one every drive.

Thread Information