Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slim and light cigars?

Default slim and light cigars?

Hey guys, I have been a cigarette smoker for many years and for about 10 years now, limited it to only a couple when I am having some beers, only on a Saturday. I now wish to cut out cigarettes completely and go to cigars, I tried Black and Mild but way too strong for me so I am looking for something "light", meaning won't have to pull too hard and pleasant smelling. I would also prefer "thin" and if possible short cigars, is there anything out there with all 4 requirements please [light, pleasant smelling, thin and short]? If not, then we can break it down to thin and pleasant smelling? I also saw Wesley Snipes with a thinner cigar in a movie, can't remember the movie, that cigar had a nice "look".

Blog Entries

You are wasting your time. You will never get the same thing from cigars that you do from cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You will never get the same thing from cigars that you do from cigarettes.
    I don't expect the "same thing" as I will not be "inhaling" the cigar, that's my reasoning for the switch, only to puff and blow out.

Blog Entries

If Black and Milds were too strong for you I would not have a clue what to suggest. Have you considered smoking a pipe?

nah, pipe is not for me, I have heard a couple of cigar smokers in the past say there are better stuff out there that doesn't smell as strong as black and mild which is why I am looking into it.

Blog Entries

Macanudo Cafe - Ascot or Miniatures
    Davidoff Mini Silver cigarillos
    Davidoff Demi-Tasse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mystic View Post
    I don't expect the "same thing" as I will not be "inhaling" the cigar, that's my reasoning for the switch, only to puff and blow out.
    Yep, "ok".

Just get an e-cig.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Davidoff Mini Silver cigarillos
    Davidoff Demi-Tasse
    I was immediately thinking along these lines, but I didn't reply, because I generally smoke a regular sized cigar that lasts about an hour.

There's no comparison between cigars and cigarettes except that you're smoking, really. They're just completely different to me. I smoked cigarettes in college, and for a time after that, and after I quit and eventually turned to cigars, I have NEVER had the urge to have a cigar right after I wake up in the morning. To me, that's just the start of the difference.

I can go days, or even weeks (not lately) without having a cigar and have never felt the nicotine urge. If anything, it's a habitual urge such as "it's friday night, I should be having a cigar with wifey, or friends that are over" etc.

Furthermore, when I was in the beginning of my cigar hobby / journey / new crutch, I would buy smaller cigars so I could fit them in here and there, however I finally came to the conclusion that if I don't have the time to sit down and let the world go by, it's not really worth lighting one up and stopped buying the little cigarillo sized cigars, regardless of quality.

In conclusion, and this is only my humble opinion, cigarettes are a destructive habit, while cigars are an en richening experience in the correct context.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Cigarettes - cigars. No comparison...

I've challenged my wife - if I ever have the urge to smoke Black and Milds, she's to shoot me...

Nope - I'm with Will. My reason for smoking cigars is to enrich my life, not shorten it.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I was immediately thinking along these lines, but I didn't reply, because I generally smoke a regular sized cigar that lasts about an hour.

There's no comparison between cigars and cigarettes except that you're smoking, really. They're just completely different to me. I smoked cigarettes in college, and for a time after that, and after I quit and eventually turned to cigars, I have NEVER had the urge to have a cigar right after I wake up in the morning. To me, that's just the start of the difference.

I can go days, or even weeks (not lately) without having a cigar and have never felt the nicotine urge. If anything, it's a habitual urge such as "it's friday night, I should be having a cigar with wifey, or friends that are over" etc.

Furthermore, when I was in the beginning of my cigar hobby / journey / new crutch, I would buy smaller cigars so I could fit them in here and there, however I finally came to the conclusion that if I don't have the time to sit down and let the world go by, it's not really worth lighting one up and stopped buying the little cigarillo sized cigars, regardless of quality.

In conclusion, and this is only my humble opinion, cigarettes are a destructive habit, while cigars are an en richening experience in the correct context.

Will
    So I feel like I want to stand up and clap right now Will!

I couldn't agree with you more. Cigars are totally about stopping and enjoying life for a few minutes. Whether it's alone on my deck with a good book, with friends, or like this past week, out in a boat with walleye biting, there's no comparison to cigarettes........none! Cigars are about pleasure and enjoying life.

Cigarettes are an addiction that will drag your ass out of a nice warm house during a blizzard when it's -40 because you've only got one left and you need more. As an ex cigarette smoker who chainsmoked for over 30 years before finally quitting. I took the aforementioned trip outside way more often than I care to think about. When it hits -30 now, I just smile as I watch the smokers heading outside to freeze and contemplate sitting and enjoying a cigar as soon as the weather breaks and it warms up enough to make starting the heater in my hunting trailer worthwhile. If that means I don't smoke a cigar for a couple weeks in the winter, it's not a problem.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...985#post182985

I think this guy actually said it best.

Appreciate all the inputs guys and sorry for the late reply, I never got the email notifs for your latest replies and only now returned here and saw the new posts. Anyway @Craig, thank you very much, I will look into those you recommended Macanudo Cafe - Ascot or Miniatures
    Davidoff Mini Silver cigarillos Davidoff Demi-Tasse.

Do they sell these "loose" so I can try out one of each or would I need to purchase a whole pack? I have to ask here becuase there isn't a "smoke-shop" anywhere near me which I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic View Post
    <snip>Anyway @Craig, thank you very much, I will look into those you recommended

Davidoff Mini Silver cigarillos Davidoff Demi-Tasse.

Do they sell these "loose" so I can try out one of each or would I need to purchase a whole pack? I have to ask here becuase there isn't a "smoke-shop" anywhere near me which I am aware of. <snip>

What a quandry.... Do I answer? ...or do I just let it go... Hmmm...

Nope - I'm just going to let it go.

...and I'm just dying to see how Mystic's question is answered!

Just to clarify, here in New York you can buy Black and Mild's "loose", meaning you can buy only "one" if you wish and that is my reason for asking this question but I will try calling a few tobacco shops to see if they have samples or sell loose cigars for someone wishing to try out the ones Craig recommended out so no need to reply to this.

Blog Entries

Cigar stores will generally sell singles; I would presume online retailers would want you to buy a tin.

ETA: You may be the first person ever to buy a loose Black and Mild for the purpose of smoking it as-is :-).
    Last edited by craig; 06-24-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    ETA: You may be the first person ever to buy a loose Black and Mild for the purpose of smoking it as-is :-).
    lol, alright, I get it! I know what they are used for, I also got one friend who smokes the black and milds like a regular cigarette, meaning he inhales it just like a cigarette, I had always thought all cigars are never to be inhaled? Thanks for the info, I will try to find a local smoke shop close to me and tell them I wish to try out one of each of what you recommended.

Hey guys, just one more question please on cigars, most people I see smoking cigars will not smoke the entire cigar at once, after they have taken a few puffs, they will let it out then relight when needed and they will do this quite a few times but doesn't this give off a bad taste when relighting the burnt out tobacco? If yes the what would be best, to cut off the burnt part maybe?

Blog Entries

Buy smaller cigars.

Ok, so I'm on the right track with my intention to try the mini cigars, thanks.

Thread Information