Thread: New Cutter

Default New Cutter

Well I decided to try out the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. I must say this is the best cutter I have ever used. It cuts perfect every time. And for about $15 on Amazon you cant beat the price. I have only cut about 10 cigars so far but they have all been fantastic. If you are not real happy with your cutter I suggest you give it a try.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rfect%20cutter
    Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 06-28-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo

Blog Entries

I have a couple - they are great, especially for cutting a cigar in the car, or when there are lots of distractions, or when one's motor coordination has been affected by alcohol :-)

As an aside, for ISOM's (and cigars manufactured to have flat heads), I personally prefer a cut that is less deep, i.e., cutting off the head to about half the depth of the Perfect Cutter - just shaving off the tip off. Again, personally, I have found the Palio the only (reasonably priced) cutter that can make such shallow cuts consistently.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I have a couple - they are great, especially for cutting a cigar in the car, or when there are lots of distractions, or when one's motor coordination has been affected by alcohol :-)

As an aside, for ISOM's (and cigars manufactured to have flat heads), I personally prefer a cut that is less deep, i.e., cutting off the head to about half the depth of the Perfect Cutter - just shaving off the tip off. Again, personally, I have found the Palio the only (reasonably priced) cutter that can make such shallow cuts consistently.

YMMV
    ROFLMAO

I find with my Xikar cutters, if I lay them on a flat surface and stand the cigar up in it and then cut, it takes a nice shallow cut. I do very much like my Palio cutter too which I bought on your advice Craig.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

I typically use a cheap double guillotine, but have recently began using a pair Xicar scissors that I have had for a year or so. I quit using them because they would just "jack" up my cigars, but have just figured out that if I make a few shaving style cuts that they work beautifully and I can get some great shallow cuts.

I will look into a palio now, thanks to this thread.

Thread Information