Thread: Reintroduction & Cigar deals!

Default Reintroduction & Cigar deals!

We have become a member of this and other cigar forums to let all of you cigar lovers know about our store and our website. It has been quite sometime since I have signed in or posted to this forum so I figured I should reintroduce my self and our shop.

I am Jonathan from Ol' Times Cigars in Casselberry, Fl. We have two B&M locations in Casselberry and Clermont Fl. A few years ago I started a website for our stores so that customers from out of state could get there hands on some great cigars with competitve pricing. We are a family owned and operated company, specializing in premium cigars and accessories. We carry a large variety of cigars from inexpensive bundles to hard to find limited release cigars. If you are browsing our site and don't see something you are looking for just give us a call or email as we can always do special orders.

We are currently running a sale on all Viaje Cigars.

Take an additional 10% off of all Viaje purchases (excluding Viaje Samplers)

We have also added a few new Viaje cigar samplers to our inventory with discounted pricing.

Use coupon code "cigarmember" during checkout.

We also have a 10% off coupon code for first time orders (exclusions do apply).

If it is your first time placing an order with use us coupon code "first" to receive the additional discount. (these offers cannot be combined).

Everything can be found at www.oltimescigars.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Times Cigars View Post
    We have become a member of this and other cigar forums to let all of you cigar lovers know about our store and our website. It has been quite sometime since I have signed in or posted to this forum so I figured I should reintroduce my self and our shop.

I am Jonathan from Ol' Times Cigars in Casselberry, Fl. We have two B&M locations in Casselberry and Clermont Fl. A few years ago I started a website for our stores so that customers from out of state could get there hands on some great cigars with competitve pricing. We are a family owned and operated company, specializing in premium cigars and accessories. We carry a large variety of cigars from inexpensive bundles to hard to find limited release cigars. If you are browsing our site and don't see something you are looking for just give us a call or email as we can always do special orders.

We are currently running a sale on all Viaje Cigars.

Take an additional 10% off of all Viaje purchases (excluding Viaje Samplers)

We have also added a few new Viaje cigar samplers to our inventory with discounted pricing.

Use coupon code "cigarmember" during checkout.

We also have a 10% off coupon code for first time orders (exclusions do apply).

If it is your first time placing an order with use us coupon code "first" to receive the additional discount. (these offers cannot be combined).

Everything can be found at www.oltimescigars.com
    their, not there
    competitive not competitve

Spell check would have caught the second one but not the first, it can't fix stupid.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    their, not there
    competitive not competitve

Spell check would have caught the second one but not the first, it can't fix stupid.
    Well thanks for the kind words... unfortunately typos do slip through every once in a while.

Blog Entries

Well thanks for the kind words... unfortunately typos do slip through every once in a while.
    Using "there" instead of "their" is not a "typo." Do you know why that's even wrong? Study this sentence and tell us what you think:

I can't believe they're buying their cigars there at Ol' Time Cigars.

You don't even have to know the difference between a possessive adjective, an adverb and a contraction, all you need is a 5th grade education.

How can your "typo" on competitive "slip through" on this site because the second you hit the space bar, it lit up with a red, squiggly underline telling you that you spelled it wrong before you posted it?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-20-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

You have now met Ms. Crabtree - our resident grammarian. He'll give you a run for your money, like a nun in grade school!

Which is really not such a bad thing. CC86 does provide a valuable service. Like it or not, the types of customers who buy high end cigars would notice spelling and grammatical errors.

Blog Entries

Personally, I could give a shit about this guy's grammar, or buying from him. But, that's just me.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

No one is paying much attention to him anyway, he's "out of stock" on Opus X, Añejos, he doesn't have any premium Padrons listed, etc., so it's not like he's going to be selling any cigars to any of our members anyway.

If he's got any brains at all his "takeaway" from this experience would be to do a better job when trying to market his business. Typos and ignorance of the simplest rules of the King's English are a recipe for disaster for guys like him. The sad thing is he appears to have no clue at all how lazy, sloppy and stupid he makes his business look when he makes mistakes like this.

I'll admit that I make mistakes too like many others when posting my comments on blogs or internet bulletin boards BUT when I'm preparing a cover letter to a potential employer or a campaign piece to be distributed to tens of thousands of voters trying to sell my candidate, I'm going to be God damned sure it's perfect regarding grade school English and typos. The same logic applies when one is posting advertising for one's business on the internet. This guy is trying to sell himself and his business and the only thing we know about him at this point is he's lazy, sloppy, not very bright and worse yet, when he's made aware of his mistakes, he doesn't take responsibility and cops an attitude. What potential customer would want to deal with a "businessman" with an attitude like that? Not me, that's for sure........

Customer: "Hey Old Time Ceegars, I paid for a five pack of Añejo 60s and you shipped me a five pack of Muniemaker Longs, what the hell is wrong with you jokers?"
    Old Time Ceegars: "Well thanks for the kind words... unfortunately dog rockets do slip through every once in a while."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    No one is paying much attention to him anyway, he's "out of stock" on Opus X, Añejos, he doesn't have any premium Padrons listed, etc., so it's not like he's going to be selling any cigars to any of our members anyway.

If he's got any brains at all his "takeaway" from this experience would be to do a better job when trying to market his business. Typos and ignorance of the simplest rules of the King's English are a recipe for disaster for guys like him. The sad thing is he appears to have no clue at all how lazy, sloppy and stupid he makes his business look when he makes mistakes like this.

I'll admit that I make mistakes too like many others when posting my comments on blogs or internet bulletin boards BUT when I'm preparing a cover letter to a potential employer or a campaign piece to be distributed to tens of thousands of voters trying to sell my candidate, I'm going to be God damned sure it's perfect regarding grade school English and typos. The same logic applies when one is posting advertising for one's business on the internet. This guy is trying to sell himself and his business and the only thing we know about him at this point is he's lazy, sloppy, not very bright and worse yet, when he's made aware of his mistakes, he doesn't take responsibility and cops an attitude. What potential customer would want to deal with a "businessman" with an attitude like that? Not me, that's for sure........

Customer: "Hey Old Time Ceegars, I paid for a five pack of Añejo 60s and you shipped me a five pack of Muniemaker Longs, what the hell is wrong with you jokers?"
    Old Time Ceegars: "Well thanks for the kind words... unfortunately dog rockets do slip through every once in a while."
    I hear ya, and agree. I was just saying that I didn't even bother to read his post in the first place to even notice any grammar / spelling errors.

Plus, I now find Viaje extremely annoying now that they don't stoop so low as to make any sort of regular production line. As soon as I saw that big ass Viaje image, I just closed the thread.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I do know the difference between they're, there and their. I didn't realize I would receive a lecture for a mistake I made. If you are offended I apologize.

Correct, we don't have any Opus X or Anejos in stock. Opus X will not be shipped until September, so finding those will be a bit difficult. Since the Anejos are released during the holidays I would say they are going to be difficult to find, unless your local B&M still has some. I'm sure they can be found online if you want to pay a high price for them. We do carry all of the hard to find and limited release cigars. We also charge very reasonable prices for them compared to many of the other discount sites. If you have no problem paying more than $18.00 a $20.00 for either Opus X or Anejos, then more power to you. As far as Padron, we carry the full line and they are in stock on our website.

If you would like to continue to dissect my posts feel free. I apologize for apparently offending you with the mistakes I made in my initial post. However the judgements you have made from a mistake in a simple thread post are a bit ridiculous.

I do know the difference between they're, there and their. I didn't realize I would receive a lecture for a mistake I made. If you are offended I apologize.

If you would like to continue to dissect my posts feel free. I apologize for apparently offending you with the mistakes I made in my initial post. However the judgements you have made from a mistake in a simple thread post are a bit ridiculous.
    Oh, boy...

Ridiculous? If you know the difference between there, their and they're - are you lazy? Or do you just not care about your audience? Because that's what I'm reading. Is that truly how you want your potential customers to feel?

If you think it's ridiculous, I challenge you to go to any high volume cigar retailer's website and point out any spelling or grammar errors to prove to us it does not matter....

Your IP is temporarily blocked

Your IP address has generated too many simultaneous connections to the host server and has been automatically blocked for 5 minutes.

Your IP will be automatically unblocked in 5 minutes.
    I can't even browse the website - it shut me down after a few clicks...

Oh, boy...

I agree that they will not have any typos, but I definitely wouldn't say they have never had any. I try to catch all of the ones I have, but I am also trying to help customers in our shops. I work at our stores and get pulled away from the computer a lot so I do get sidetracked or forget and they can slip through. If I slip up somewhere and you let me know, I welcome that. I have no problem with constructive criticism. However to make the assumption that I am lazy, stupid, don't care about my customers and/or don't know how to run a business is definitely inaccurate. Assumptions like that from one post are a bit over the top, considering that you probably don't know much about myself or our business as I don't personally know you or yours. To imply that I would mess up and order and then basically tell a customer "tough luck" is also excessive. I take customer satisfaction very serious because it is what keeps myself in business.

As for CC86s comments I apologize if you think I had and "attitude" unfortunately things can be taking differently in text depending on how a person reads it. Your first post implied that I am "stupid" did it not? It could be sarcasm or you could've been serious I don't know so I tried to respond in a way that was a lighthearted jab back at you, for lack of a better description. I am not here to offend or argue with anyone, just discuss cigars and offer specials to fellow cigar smokers.
    I am not making excuses I admitted that I made a mistake in my post, there is no refuting that. Again I apologize if I offended you or if my posts were written in a way that would be taken as offensive.

I will have to look further into the issue you are having with the site. I have checked our site from a few different computers now and have had no issues.

Blog Entries

Correct, we don't have any Opus X or Anejos in stock. Opus X will not be shipped until September, so finding those will be a bit difficult. Since the Anejos are released during the holidays I would say they are going to be difficult to find, unless your local B&M still has some. I'm sure they can be found online if you want to pay a high price for them. We do carry all of the hard to find and limited release cigars. We also charge very reasonable prices for them compared to many of the other discount sites. If you have no problem paying more than $18.00 a $20.00 for either Opus X or Anejos, then more power to you. As far as Padron, we carry the full line and they are in stock on our website.

Two mistakes, not "a mistake" and how are my judgements "ridiculous?"

You can get as pissy as you want but YOU are the one that made the mistakes and when you make mistakes like that YOU are the one that looks stupid, lazy and not caring about your audience.

I'm getting the same error messages that ggiese got when I just tried to look at your site and when it does work, it takes forever and a day to switch between pages. Not that I'd ever do business with you but other well-meaning, unsuspecting souls who stumble across your site stand a very good chance of being turned off to your so-called "business" when your website has the problems it has.

Go ahead, whine and piss and moan again if it makes you feel good.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information