Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Box Clocks

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Roman numerals for me please.
    Ditto for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Klockit said the order would be going out today and I'd get an email confirmation when the stuff ships. I never got the email confirmation so they lied. They claim it's being shipped USPS which should mean I'll get it in two to three days from Wisconsin but I'm not so sure......

I ordered the router bit from MCLS and who knows when that's getting here either.

I should be starting to ship these out next week sometime, I'll keep youse guys posted.
    I stopped at Klockit one day on a whim. Great place and great folks. Doesn't surprise me, though, that they're e-mail inept.

Blog Entries

The lady I talked to on the phone was very nice, 'specially with that Wisconsin accent.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

The lady I talked to on the phone was very nice, 'specially with that Wisconsin accent.
    Yeah - I got that "Fargo" feeling when I was there... Kinda went something like this...

Me: "This is interesting - but I'm not sure what this is..."

Lady: "Ohh, yaaa...Yoo Betcha! It's a clock don'tcha know... you put da Ba-tree right dere. 'n so?"

Me: "On, no - I get that - it does look like a clock. But - How does it work? Does it hang on a wall, does it sit on a shelf...?"

Lady: "Of fer cry-eye. I knew I'd drop that der nut, sure as God made dem little green apples..."

Me: "You need some help?"

Lady: No... <turns towards the man standing in the background> Joe. Go down by Schmidlers and get some bakery. eh?

Joe: "I only have a "couple-three" dollars in my wallet..."

Lady: "Oh, ok. Shut up an watch da guldarn game, eh?"

Joe: "Allright den. Can you come by my house when you beep me out so my ma can see who I hang by?"

Lady: "Yah, yah..." <turning back towards me> "Do ya want anymore coffee at all?"

Me: "No. No thanks. This clock... What were you saying?"

Lady: "Well, now... dat's a darn good question, dere. Yah... Cripes sake... You use it as a doorstop, yah?"

Me: "Doorstop clock. Hmm... I don't think I've ever seen a doorstop clock..."

Lady: "Yah. Really poplar round here. Doorstop clocks. Turn right at da stop 'n go lights den stop to da pig, up nort' a piece. Down by Schuster's where da street car bends da corner round. Dey got a tavern right there on da right - right next to da diner and da pig - wit da good soda and a bubbler. As a crow flies its 'bout 2 miles, but youse will drive 'bout 5 miles Dey got dem doorstop clocks in dere, yah?"

Me: "Well - I wasn't really planning on going to a tavern..."

Lady: "Yah, yah... <a bit irritated> But dey got a good fish fry, yah? Put on yer rubbers it's rainin' cats an dogs. 'n so?"

Me: "Ok... Ahhh..."

Lady: "Ya, we'll see yas."

Where do you want me to ship it to, Virginia or some APO address? When are you going to be coming home?
    I would have it shipped to Virginia. I should hopefully be home some time in January.

Blog Entries

Hey George, FedEx says my package is in Grayslake, IL.

Ever hear of that place?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Hey George, FedEx says my package is in Grayslake, IL.

Ever hear of that place?
    Yeah... The rat bastids wouldn't hire my son after making all sorts of promises... Thanks for bringing up another painful memory.

Blog Entries

The items arrived from Klockit on Tuesday, I've got one Añejo 60 box with Roman numerals done. When I get a few more done, I'll post up some pictures.

Email me your addresses through this site, Will and Jamie know this is the best way to send me messages. In case you don't know how to do that, click my screen name anywhere and click "View Profile." On the left side you'll see "Send Private Message" and under that you'll see "Send email" click that and if you can't figure it out from there, you're too dumb to own a clock since you probably can't tell time.

So far, I only have orders for five and I have enough to make ten clocks, George do want one?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-04-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FordRaptorFiend View Post
    I would have it shipped to Virginia. I should hopefully be home some time in January.
    Okay, email me your address in Virgina and send me some cigars when you get home at your convenience.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

TheGreekTitan's clock is done, I used the Sancho Panza "A" size box which measures 9 3/4" x 8"

The clock in the photo is an Añejo 46 box that measures 6 1/2" x 11"

Here are the measurements of the boxes:

Añejo 50: 6" x 11 1/4" ashauler (one still left)
    Añejo 77: 7" x 9 1/8"
    Añejo 60: 7 3/8" x 11 1/4"* Irish 79
    Añejo 48: 8 1/4" x 11 1/4"* badwhale
    Añejo 49: 8 3/4 x 11 1/4" (there are two of these)
    Ashton VSG Spellbound: 8 1/4" x 10"
    La Gloria Cubana Tainos (Cuban): This is a paper box. The top and bottom are wood but the who box is covered in paper. I'll get the dimensions later.

*Indicates no longer available
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-09-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Irish 79: DC 9405 5036 9930 0051 9484 11
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

That was quick. Thanks CC!

Blog Entries

badwhale: 9405 5036 9930 0052 1855 49
    TheGreekTitan: 9405 5036 9930 0052 2059 64
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Sweet!

I'll get something in the mail tomorrow. Thanks Bill!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

What do the Arabic numerals look like?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    What do the Arabic numerals look like?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	3530

Blog Entries

George, these are special for Roham:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

So Roham, you interested in a cigar box clock? Sorry I can't get you the authentic Eastern Arabic numbers like in the previous photo. BUT I can give you either Roman Numerals or regular numbers which most times are called "Arabic" in the English clock catalogs. Here's why (from Wikipedia):

The reason the digits are more commonly known as "Arabic numerals" in Europe and the Americas is that they were introduced to Europe in the 10th century by Arabic-speakers of North Africa, who were then using the digits from Libya to Morocco. Europeans did not know about the numerals' origins in ancient India, so they named them "Arabic numerals".
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

My end shipped today, and should be at your door Wednesday. Thanks again Bill.

Tracking: 9114901159818410935856

Blog Entries

Got mine today, thanks!

I think an ulterior motive was to unload mass amounts of packing peanuts...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information