Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2013 - rules and Official signup thread

Blog Entries

Default Secret Santa 2013 - rules and Official signup thread

Official Secret Santa Thread 2013

It is my pleasure to be your host for the 2013 Secret Santa Exchange.

You will be sending your address AND email to me via Private Message. Label your PM "Secret Santa 2013." I have cleaned out my inbox, so there should be enough room. I will send you the name and address of your Secret Santa recipient after all participants have entered (see important dates below). The Secret Santa user account is for everyone to access once we get going to ask questions of their recipient or to taunt their recipient while allowing anonymity. Don't expect me to give up any Santa's identity. The password will be given out through PMs to participants only as stated below.

All active members in good standing are eligible to participate, meaning that international shipping may be required. If this is a problem for anyone, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.

RULES:

1. You send a 4-stick bomb to your Secret Santa recipient. You will, in return, receive a 4 stick bomb from your Secret Santa. There is a minimum of 4 QUALITY cigars. Each cigar MUST be quality smoke. Use accepted internet sites for pricing rather than store pricing since they vary so widely and you won't end up sending way overpriced $2 sticks. Our previously established means of determining cigar price is no longer available, and by this point, all past price guides should probably be deemed unusable. Please PM me if you have a question about a particular smoke. Premiums are great to send, but no whining if you don't get a box full of $20 sticks in return. That being said, no one is expecting you to send HTF ISOM's or Stradivarius cigars. The rule of thumb is, if YOU wouldn't pull it out to smoke to celebrate the holidays, then DON'T SEND IT OUT.
    There are lots of choices, but please determine your recipients preferences before sending out your package. Listen to them. I'm not saying you have to spend hundreds of dollars on your recipient, but given the choice of sending a dozen mid-ranged cigars or 4 quality sticks I know he'd enjoy, I'll go with the latter every single time.

2. Extras are encouraged and make this what it CAN be. Extras cannot be urged enough. A PIF is a PIF, but a Secret Santa is entirely different. Everyone can make homemade fudge for $5 to send. Use your imagination. If you have no imagination, borrow someone else's. Use the initial communication (via the Secret Santa login) to communicate with your recipient and determine what their likes, preferences, or dislikes are. Get creative.

3. The cut off date for your recipient to receive their package is December 25, 2010. You can send at any point before that. For people shipping internationally, be sure to leave lots of time for the package to arrive. 3 weeks is suggested in my experience with the postal system near Christmas time. Having a problem? Thompson taking too long to fulfill your order of Anejo's? Communicate with me. Communicate with your recipient (via the Secret Santa account)

4. If you fail to fulfill your obligation as a Secret Santa you will be outed, raw hamburger will be shoved down your shorts, and you will be tossed to the dogs on every forum we can find. Don't be a scumbag.
    If you haven't caught on by now, the members on this cigar board frequent other cigar boards. Don't think you'll rip us off and never hear from us again. Need references? Just ask.

5. I am the person running the Secret Santa this year, thus I will not be participating. Keep in mind, that I am not personally responsible for your Secret Santa turning out to be a scumbag if that should happen. I will offer up the information so the scumbag may be outed if it comes to that, but I will not be raked over the coals for something out of my control.

Those are the ground rules for this year’s Secret Santa. The cutoff for sign ups will be Sunday, November 10, 2013 at midnight CST (Central Standard Time). The random Secret Santa selections will be finished by at the latest Thursday, November 14 at which point I will PM everybody involved the name and address of your Secret Santa Recipient and the account password.

These are the rules borrowed from a few SS's, slightly modified for updates.

If you are not an established member here, please don't get offended when you are asked to not participate. Gain some rep, do some trades and there is always next year.

IMPORTANT DATES:

November 1: Official SS13 signups begin. After signing up by posting your intentions in this thread, you will then need to PM me your mailing address, even if you think I already have it, you must PM me your current mailing address.

November 10: Secret Santa 2013 signups are closed.

November 14: Cut off date to PM me your mailing address. I will not go out hunting down a mailing address in your profile, this is my confirmation of your most current mailing information and participation. Unfortunately, if I do not receive your mailing information by this date you will not be able to participate in this year’s Secret Santa.

November 14: Name drawing. Names will be drawn and paired ramdomly; one members name and mailing address will be PM'd to you. You will be that person’s Secret Santa. Once you have the name and address, please work in a timely manner to get your Secret Santa package in the mail. Please let’s don't leave anyone hanging.

December 12: Final day for mailing out your Secret Santa package. DO NOT MISS THIS DATE

Questions? PM me, or post in this thread.

Ok K7, quit yer bitchin' and let the fun begin!!

Member Addy Rec'd Package rec'd
    Kingbeefy Y Y
    SailorJoe Y Y (per dc)
    dman4505 Y Y
    Fordraptorfiend Y Y
    Kevin7 Y Y
    mrtr33 Y Y
    Mangyrat Y Y
    TheGreekTitan Y Y
    Sailor71 Y Y
    Badwhale Y Y
    Roham Y en route
    Last edited by ashauler; 12-24-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: editing table

Blog Entries

I'm in.

im game

Blog Entries

I have some Gurkha's with an MSRP of $30-$75 each that some lucky individual here will surely receive.

Blog Entries

ashauler has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Official Secret Santa Thread 2013

I have cleaned out my inbox, so there should be enough room.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I have some Gurkha's with an MSRP of $30-$75 each that some lucky individual here will surely receive.
    Yeah, well, this post caused a flood of messages to my inbox.

oh oh oh please please can I play some reindeer games
    "I am a soldier I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" - Gen. George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yeah, well, this post caused a flood of messages to my inbox.
    I honestly didn't think that through. I didn't anticipate there being a flood to your inbox of requests for me to be their Secret Santa. My apologies for having created such difficult situation for you. But only one can be the lucky winner of the Kingbeefy's Secret Santa Gurkha Spectacular Extravaganza Lottery Event.

Good luck everybody!

I'm in.

11. Default

Im in.Oh fuck ya
    The older I get ,the better I was

And just when I was wondering how I could unload the crap cigars I picked up last week.

I am in.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Ho Ho Ho...count me in.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to playing this year! Count me in!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

5 more days to sign up!! C'mon people, great way to get involved in the community!

Ho Ho Ho, I'm in

Blog Entries

I'll play.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Looks like I have everyone's address. I'll have everyone's recipient forwarded by November 14th. If no one objects, I may just do it earlier than that.

I'm a day late, but if you'll have me, I'm in! :)

Roham
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

You're good to go Roham!!

Any other last minute takers can easily be added.

Thread Information